PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cut/Missing in 5th?

EvoKach
04-16-2004, 11:01 AM
When I'm just at crusing speed in 5th....I will feel the engine miss or experience fuel cut. I thought it was my BOV, however when I replaced with the stock BOV, it happened again. The SES comes on and I quickly regain normal power. It happened alot when I had the GReddy Type S with both springs inside the BOV, but it only happened a few times when I modded the BOV by removing the lighter spring. Do I have a leak? Is my intake causing this? Help guys!

ytsejam
04-16-2004, 12:08 PM
is your SES still on?

SilverBullet
04-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Damn and I thought I was the only one! I miss on 5th and my SES comes on 5th too... With the 5th gear missing I talked to Works and they had said that they fixed the 5th gear missing problem with their tran. fluid... With the SES... I had that freakin thing come on twice ... the first time it came up as a p-300 which was a miss-fire...second time.. well its still on til I get it fixed............ :crazyeyes:

EvoKach
04-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Yeah the light is still on but I'm going to the dealer on Monday so I'm going to reset it.

So do you think I'm I have the tranny fluid swapped out with a high quality tranny fluid that will solve the problem. I guess I could go to works and have them do it. Thanks!

EvolvedDSM
04-16-2004, 09:16 PM
The ECU has no idea what type of fluid you're running in the tranny. This sounds like a spark and/or fuel issue.

nebolic
04-16-2004, 09:20 PM
it mgiht be your clutch slipping. fuel cut and clutch slipping sort of feels the same. but if you're in 5h gear you cant be possibly going that fast or running that high of boost for the fuel to cut out. therefore i presume its the BOV acting up, or your clutch is slipping, just m thoughts. The only problem if you ever experience it in 5th gear, is the synrcos going bad. But if it feels ilke the car hit fuel cut, its iether your BOV (somethings messed up on there) or the clutch is slipping.

My 2 cents.
Nebo

EvolvedDSM
04-16-2004, 09:26 PM
I doubt it's fuel cut--maybe a stumble from a miss or something. Fuel cut is quiet a violent experience. You'll sware you just broke something expensive if it ever happens to you.

SilverBullet
04-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Regruadless I have to get that fixed...it's annoying as hell...I'm heading up to the dealer on Monday and then down too works for that tranny fluid change...something has to fix it out here...

EvoKach
04-17-2004, 11:55 AM
A lot of different opinions here. I checked the hoses to my intake and one was a little loose. I replaced the hose and hose clamps and we'll see if that has solved the problem. If fuel cut is violent, it's definitely not that. Its just a stutter for maybe a second but annoying as hell. I emailed WORKS my symptoms and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. My oil needs to be changed on Monday but I don't think that would have anything to do with it. Thanks!

EvoKach
04-18-2004, 11:47 AM
so the light went off today by itself after the hose repair. I believe this was the cause of the problem because I tried to replicate the problem from before and I couldn't. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help!

SilverBullet
04-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Well today I had Mitsubishi dealer take a look at my car cuz of my the 5th gear missing and my SES light...Well their keeping the car for a couple of dayz and flying some Mitsubishi engineer guy to take a look at my transmission and try to fix it...the dealer said depending on the condition either they are going to try to fix it or replace the transmission with a new one...with the SES light they think it might be a bad O2 sensor................. It's a good thing for warranty or all this would be $$$ !

EvoVIII
04-19-2004, 08:43 PM
god damn stuipd ses light, wonder if mine got a bad o2sensor too....

EvoVIII
04-19-2004, 08:45 PM
by the way which dealer did u go to?

SilverBullet
04-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Sacramento..and the one off of Florin

EvoKach
04-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Sacramento..and the one off of Florin

I think I saw you there on Monday at around 11:30am.....I was the one with a screw in the sidewall of my tire.

Corporate Motors does a pretty good job.

MitsuMan
04-21-2004, 01:24 PM
dude you guys really are clueless arent you Go read a turbo magazine or something lol lol

Don't post useless crap. If you want to talk shit, go post on EvoM where this kind of stupidity is welcome - not here. Think before you post or you won't post here anymore.

nebolic
04-21-2004, 01:25 PM
[/b]yea dumb ass change your tranny fluid to fix an igintion missfire ha ha ha ha ha ha that'll work

Are u being sarcastic? Or did you really mean that? In anycase if you're referring to people in the post they're experiencing two seperate problem, one is a 5th gear shifting problem (hence the need to change tranny fluid) and the other well, like you stated possible misfire.

I hope you're kidding around :P if not then I'll edit the post so there isn't any harsh comments. Cool beans.

Thanks,
Nebo

MitsuMan
04-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Bad o2s which one ? at howmany miles? you know they go a min 60k don't you probably you got a po420 code and they are guessing that the o2s will fix it they need your car for a few days so they can gues and check repair. Don't believe the s**t that come out of the service writer you need to check your tuning. you probally have something done to the intake that if f*****g the maf and the tunning is leaner with a more adanced timming curve right? yea thats what i thought. see if the dealer can figure that out. Better hope they don't dive your car with a scan tool contected and see the high timming or the fuel ST LT addaptives

MitsuMan
04-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Imm sory i didn't read the part about hard shifting i just saw "missing while cruzing in 5th" i guess my bad can you show me the part where i overlooked please. Thank you

the man with the lazy eye

nebolic
04-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Imm sory i didn't read the part about hard shifting i just saw "missing while cruzing in 5th" i guess my bad

it's all good :D

Nebo

:wink: