PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution MR

blueskies
04-16-2004, 11:03 AM
since i just got my evo, i'm not sure if i should cry or be happy. my friend found this on the wrx forum.
(http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=8789d52f83f434e9741f102231c04798&threadid=536709&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)

"The 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution MR edition, scheduled to go on sale this fall, will add an active center differential, six-speed manual transmission, more horsepower, a lightweight aluminum roof and BBS forged aluminum wheels."
http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2004040782696&mime=JPG

EvolvedDSM
04-16-2004, 12:00 PM
They're calling it an 05 model. So, I doubt we'll see it in the fall. I have yet to even hear of an 04 model being at the dealer.

ytsejam
04-16-2004, 12:06 PM
i am wondering how many ppl with switch to MR by either selling or trade-in their evos.
also, color availability of the MR.

BluEvo
04-16-2004, 01:15 PM
they don't even have the RS's at the dealership yet. how are they going to bring tha MR over so quickly. :?

str8dvsoz
04-16-2004, 03:17 PM
I have read that the RS will be limited to somthing like 700 of each color and should be out around NOV.

brwnrice
04-16-2004, 04:20 PM
man, should have waited for the MR (buyers remorse) :bandhead:

Dogtown
04-16-2004, 04:30 PM

Don't sweat it there is always something better. If you'd waited for the MR you'd be Evoless now, and the next year they would have come out with something even better. Not to mention its not here yet, whos to say they won't change their mind, or that even if iy comes here you would have been able to get one?

blueskies
04-16-2004, 04:39 PM
i was sad at first but i feel better now. i'll keep my evo, she's my baby. :D i'll just go to works to get the missing power and then some. someone's also going to destroy one, then i can get the MR goodies if i really want to.

BUDLoNG
04-16-2004, 04:42 PM
$$$$$$

BUDLoNG

WRXTodd
04-16-2004, 05:00 PM
now you guys have a little taste of how the WRX drivers felt about the STI... and thats a much bigger jump! WRX 227hp vs. STI 300. but I have found that in the long run the upgradablity of the WRX's EJ20 powerpant is better. :pissed:

lambtron
04-16-2004, 07:09 PM
i read the article about the mr, none of the drivers liked the 6spd, and from what I read the only thing that is different is the bigger turbo...struts...carbon fiber wing(full carbon fiber) and wheels..dunno if im missing anything, but i wouldnt pay 35k for it...

lambtron
04-16-2004, 08:03 PM
oh yeah i forgot its got an aluminum roof...active diffs,

JanSolo
04-16-2004, 08:17 PM
I think the 300 pound weight loss and the AYC/ACD is the big seller for me.

lambtron
04-16-2004, 09:02 PM
but is it worth 35k dollars to you???

GokuSSJ4
04-16-2004, 09:43 PM
I think the 300 pound weight loss and the AYC/ACD is the big seller for me.

i dont think we will see the AYC , since its usually located were some smog equipment goes on the Evos for the US ...But ACD and a 6 speed with some weight reduction ...

jstockdale
04-16-2004, 11:45 PM
but is it worth 35k dollars to you???

I'm just guessing here ... but add AYC / ACD and there's not much chance of getting one for $35k ... Think $40k.

-S ...

EvoVIII
04-16-2004, 11:57 PM
dude , worry about the dealer mark up instead

lambtron
04-17-2004, 12:06 AM
well the article said to expect a price tag of 35k..but that's not before taxes and all that good ish.

str8dvsoz
04-19-2004, 11:48 PM
I say it will be closer to 50k with the dealer mark up

kataklyzm
04-20-2004, 10:27 PM

i dunno, i thought the same thing, but theres not much more power, and its just missing the ACD, a few bolt ons, and you'd be neck and neck with the MR, save 8k, minus the ACD, but im wondering if you can install it on the evos that we have now. anyone know?

kimmievo
04-21-2004, 12:01 AM
i was sad at first but i feel better now. i'll keep my evo, she's my baby. :D i'll just go to works to get the missing power and then some. someone's also going to destroy one, then i can get the MR goodies if i really want to.

Look at it this way....we are the proud few! I don't see too many Evo's out on the road to begin with, so whether it's ours, or an MR, we'll still get mouth dropping gawks, coz Evo's kick bootay. :)

brwnrice
04-21-2004, 07:00 AM

Look at it this way....we are the proud few! I don't see too many Evo's out on the road to begin with, so whether it's ours, or an MR, we'll still get mouth dropping gawks, coz Evo's kick bootay. :)

the only mouth dropping gawks i get is from guys and not from the women :?

vtluu
04-21-2004, 09:05 AM
the only mouth dropping gawks i get is from guys and not from the women :?
That's what you get for cruising up and down the Castro. :lol:

Kidding aside though, yeah, as I said in that other thread (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=639), the Evo is a guy magnet, not a chick magnet. Ah well.

uhoh_evo
04-21-2004, 10:08 AM
i dunno, i thought the same thing, but theres not much more power, and its just missing the ACD, a few bolt ons, and you'd be neck and neck with the MR, save 8k, minus the ACD, but im wondering if you can install it on the evos that we have now. anyone know?
I'm not too sure about the ACD, but i know one of the reasons why we don't have AYC is becuase mitsubishi thought it better to give us about 4 more gallons to our gas tank capacity so there was not enough space. i would love AYC over gas tank capacity but i guess this is more convenient. oh well

Kidding aside though, yeah, as I said in that other thread (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=639), the Evo is a guy magnet, not a chick magnet. Ah well.
Take it somewhere and guys walking by are like :woowoo: :jawdrop:. when driving by, guys roll down there windows stick their heads out and yell "Sick Ride!" 8)

But i do also have a good amount of female friends that like my ride and think my evo is "cyute" and they all ask to ride :wink:
too bad i'm such an innocent guy or i'd be taking advantage of all that. :lol: :twisted:

I recently had a tiny little mishap (about $6500 or so... :cry:) and have been going to shops to get estimates and at first look they all asked if the bumper was an aftermarket body kit and if my rims and paint color were also aftermarket becuase they wouldn't be able to cover it. after telling them everything is stock they get all interested in the car and ask to sit in the "stock" seats and at that point they also tell me my ride is "sweet".

although i would love an MR, i have to say that i am very content with my bad boy. "hail the EVO GSR" :worthy:
Hopefully that's what it is :?

XtraN
05-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the MR is now listed on the UK site with pricing, etc.

There seems to be 3 MR packages
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/evolution/range.asp

while I'm at it....
Japan site (don't forget to use Bablefish)
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/EVO/index.html

Yuh
06-05-2004, 04:31 AM
Actually I don't feel too bad...

When enough people buy the MR's you could just swap over the ACD from the 5spd evo's with ACD. By then, since the 03-04's are a dead production model, the ACD units should be more common and be, dare i say... CHEAP after a few years? Everything else doesn't matter much. The aluminum roof was only 15lbs lighter? Got weight numbers from evolutionm.net, don't know if I believe them though, they stated in the beginning that it was 300lbs lighter.. hahaha yeah right....

Way i view it, my trade in value is going to be around 25k (i only have 3k miles on it?), then I have to add in an extra 10-12k for a MR or at least 8k more for a RS/GSR? no way, the ACD unit definately will be cheaper in a few years, since the viscous diff won't be in production anymore. If you're dumb enough, or rich enough to not care about getting ass-reamed, i say go for it. You may be faster in a acd equipped evo, but most won't be using it as much anyways. A old auto-x'in buddy of mine that drives nissans said something that was pretty cool to make me feel better ... lol, "real men don't need electronic help.. this ABS, this e-ACD, the sti has it, and in top gear a FWD alpha romero kicked it's ass around the track..."

At least our evo's look / have the same evo engine... unlike the wrx/sti guys. The hp difference can always be made up with aftermarket turbos.

There's gonna be 3 trims. the RS, standard 8, and MR all have the E-ACD and aluminum roof with extra 5 hp and 15 lbs of torque. The trims are on the news page on mitsubishi's webpage.

Also, rumor has it the Sti spec-C is headed this way to compete with the MR. Things might get more interesting...

hehe, but this is my daily... getting a fp3065 ballistic turbo for my dsm =) that thing totally owns the evo on the strights...

Airgiod
06-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the MR is now listed on the UK site with pricing, etc.

There seems to be 3 MR packages
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/evolution/range.asp

while I'm at it....
Japan site (don't forget to use Bablefish)
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/EVO/index.html

ouch....ran a currency converter..here's what it shows
2.0 Turbo Evolution VIII MR FQ-300 Manual (Petrol) £27,999.00 OTR
27,999.00 GBP = 51,448.18 USD
2.0 Turbo Evolution VIII MR FQ-320 Manual (Petrol) £29,999.00 OTR
29,999.00 GBP = 55,123.18 USD
2.0 Turbo Evolution VIII MR FQ-340 Manual (Petrol) £32,999.00 OTR
32,999.00 GBP = 60,635.68 USD

the UK prices include VAT (euro taxes that are = to 17.5%) tags and registration so it will change some over here

vtluu
06-06-2004, 02:31 AM
:jawdrop:

Yeah, I saw a blurb in AutoWeek about the UK Evo VIII FQ330. Price was something like US $57k. :shock:

Hirsch
07-06-2004, 01:16 PM

So, Hi everyone, just joined the forum, ex-E36 M3 owner, but thinking the evo may be my next sporty ride. But man, for that kind of price you're talking E46 M3! Hopefully they don't mark up to that price.

My buddy Alex just bought a 2004 Evo and I took it for a drive around the corner this weekend. I was thoroughly impressed. Does anyone know if the MR will have ABS? I read that the RS does not have it, and as much of a track guy as I am, I'd like to have ABS still to save my butt.

wilson1
07-06-2004, 01:24 PM

So, Hi everyone, just joined the forum, ex-E36 M3 owner, but thinking the evo may be my next sporty ride. But man, for that kind of price you're talking E46 M3! Hopefully they don't mark up to that price.

My buddy Alex just bought a 2004 Evo and I took it for a drive around the corner this weekend. I was thoroughly impressed. Does anyone know if the MR will have ABS? I read that the RS does not have it, and as much of a track guy as I am, I'd like to have ABS still to save my butt.

Yes, it does have ABS!

Evo04
08-22-2004, 05:34 AM
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?print_page=y&section_id=39&article_id=1402&page_number=1&preview=

This is from Road and Track.