PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light....

EvoVIII
04-18-2004, 06:44 PM
hmmm My check engine light just went on while i was on my way home from work..... I have been Driving very slow this pass week coz i want to see how my Gas milage is on my car(260-270)....... have no clue why it went on but I havn't really step on the gas, switch gear around 3000rpm.... any of you guys got any idea? or have any of you guys got you check engine light on before? if so what happened?

brwnrice
04-18-2004, 07:45 PM
did you check the code yet? i have not experience any such kind of an advertent SES light coming on. it's best to check the code to pinpoint what exactly tripped the SES light on rather than to just assume.

EvoVIII
04-18-2004, 08:47 PM
well I have it on once because it went over boosted, but i don't know bout this time..... hope is not something major....

kataklyzm
04-18-2004, 09:54 PM
gas cap perhaps?

SilverBullet
04-18-2004, 09:55 PM
All I know is that freaking check engine service sign or SES is fukin annoying... :ahnold:(SES)

EvoVIII
04-19-2004, 12:22 AM
nonono i didn't even went to the gas station......

Black_EVO
04-19-2004, 06:58 AM
nonono i didn't even went to the gas station......
Yeh, my SVT focus is the same way. Sometimes if the gas cap gets a little bit loose or is not tightened alll the way the SES light comes on. I'm not sure about the EVO but on the SVT you have to cycle the engine Cold to Hot 3 times before it will go away. If it doesn't go away then you have bigger problems. :cry: It could be a vaccuume line or the O2 sensor.

MitsuMan
04-19-2004, 07:25 AM
If you have any mods to the a/f ratio you probably found a po420 cat code. I have had many po420 and a few cam sensor out of sink and crank angle sensor codes that came from tunning. Igot all kinds of boost out of limit code when i had works tunning and had k/n intake but shiv fixed that by removing max boost fail safes any way your car is smarter than you it will go limp in or use set parameters if something fails don't worry about the light so much just get it checked out go buy a obd2 code reader for cheap from Kragens or something I have a scan tool my self let me know and i'll bring it to the next monday nights for you guys.

EvoVIII
04-19-2004, 12:12 PM
wow, thanks alot.... but I hope is not o2 sensor and stuff.......