PDA

View Full Version : 2007 STI limited

wilson1
05-28-2006, 11:43 AM
http://www.subaru.com/sub/misc/2007/sti/index.html?cid=bn_65x853_050106_pdf_windingroad

EV0LL
05-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Seen repost, HAF :?

Macky
05-28-2006, 12:30 PM
damn. not that bad really. but its still a subie ;)

speedracer2169
05-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah I saw it like it but it's a subie

Peleg
06-02-2006, 10:28 AM
My sister's b/f is considering getting one. He doesn't want the whole wing thing, etc.

I think Subaru made a smart move with this limited edition.

wilson1
06-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah, it does looks good!

Peleg
06-02-2006, 10:43 AM
I personally dig the wing and the scoop, I think that's what makes an STi an STi (among a few other things) but some folks don't like it.

I do dig the looks of the Evo as well, looks really mean!

My favorite though is when people under-estimate the car at the stop light because of the looks, and then get their doors blown off = Pricele$$.

MitsuMan
06-02-2006, 08:08 PM
uh does limited mean sleeper? or limited tickets

Eclipse
06-03-2006, 08:21 AM
You lose the much better BBS wheels. No thanks. Just find a WRX owner who is wants to trade trunks. That's what a friend of mine did way back.

Peleg
06-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Well, true there is some good marketing in it:

- Heated seats. Alot of people want those.

- Leather....

- Sunroof. STi never came with a factory installed sunroof.

- Serial # badge inside, only 800 made.

To some people all the above are turn ons, to some it's non-sense.

SilverStreak
06-05-2006, 02:35 PM
the more and more I think about it...this is a very smart move by Subaru.

Reason being? Mazda has their mazdaspeed 6 that looks to be "on paper" as good as the evo and sti. but in reality isn't. if anything in its in own little niche as a "mature" high performance vehicle. A magazine quoted this car as not being a boy racer car, but something a little more "mature" and that we all have to grow up someday.

I think Top Gear said it when they described the STi as a "good boy's car". I think with this limited version they can now get ahold of some of the marketshare that is looking for the refinement offered by luxury vehicles, with the power of the STi. In otherwords...an STi, for the more mature audience group.

drunk monkey
06-05-2006, 03:06 PM
the more and more I think about it...this is a very smart move by Subaru.

Reason being? Mazda has their mazdaspeed 6 that looks to be "on paper" as good as the evo and sti. but in reality isn't. if anything in its in own little niche as a "mature" high performance vehicle. A magazine quoted this car as not being a boy racer car, but something a little more "mature" and that we all have to grow up someday.

I think Top Gear said it when they described the STi as a "good boy's car". I think with this limited version they can now get ahold of some of the marketshare that is looking for the refinement offered by luxury vehicles, with the power of the STi. In otherwords...an STi, for the more mature audience group.

now if they did this to the evo also they have a good car all together.

Carlo

SilverStreak
06-05-2006, 03:19 PM
it seems like the evo x may be geared towards that a little bit.

but i'm sure just like sti...it will be controversial. I mean, the STi and Evo have a reputation of being a rally car built for the street. Basically, it focuses on nothing but speed and handling. while most magazines rag on the lack of luxury...most owners could care less.

this car seems to step away from that and blur the overall image. with mitsu already struggling with company image...i think what they are doing with the SE is a smarter idea. i'd rather like to see this kind of car under the Legacy platform.

it's still a smart move to challenge Mazda for a group of customers...but it may anger some purists.

jayvo
06-05-2006, 03:36 PM
looks good... i hate the 06 STi but this 07 looks better. wouldnt buy it though

RgistRdShowoffIX
06-06-2006, 10:00 AM
This is going to be like suby's 22B series but w/o the major performance upgrades from other STI's and with more lux.

I think it's a good idea. I'm not a fan of the STI wing. It looks cheap.

Ok i'm spoiled by the CF on my wing.

earlyapex
06-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Reason being?* Mazda has their mazdaspeed 6 that looks to be "on paper" as good as the evo and sti.* but in reality isn't.* if anything in its in own little niche as a "mature" high performance vehicle.* A magazine quoted this car as not being a boy racer car, but something a little more "mature" and that we all have to grow up someday.

the Mazdaspeed 6 puts down more WHP and WTQ then a stock Evo on the gruppe-s dyno. Unfortunatly it weighs more though.

ZK
06-06-2006, 02:41 PM
this car seems to step away from that and blur the overall image. with mitsu already struggling with company image...i think what they are doing with the SE is a smarter idea. i'd rather like to see this kind of car under the Legacy platform.

I almost bought a Legacy 2.5GT when I was shopping for the Evo. I thought it'd be a good performance car while being practical and under the radar of police...

Thank goodness my friend pounded some sense into me. First thing at the dealership I was already talking about what I'd replace when I got the car. Wheels, upgrade brakes, suspension, seats, exhaust, flash it etc. I'd end up spending thousands of dollars trying to make it do what the Evo does stock and in turn lose a lot of the practicality of the car. :lol:

That and he sat in it and shook his head. "Feels like you're sitting in a Camry. So when's the baby seat going in?"