PDA

View Full Version : WORKS P2 vs. Vishnu EcuTek for Evo IX's

PANGES
05-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Anyone have actual first hand experience with both? I've been searching for a while and still have'nt come to an answer. Anyone actually driven or rode in a with ecutek and another car with the p2? What are the differences you've felt (pros and cons of both). I've spoken to a couple P2 users and have they have said they noticed smoothness daily driving wise, but have also noticed some loss in torque. Can anyone just give a breakdown of the ups and downs of both flashes? I'd appreciate it if WORKS and Vishnu (If they're on here) to stay out of this thread. I want comments from the customers or people that have riden/driven the cars of customers only.

whtrice
05-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Can only speak for a WORKS car EVO IX RS. I have noticed better driveability since the P2 flash, better mileage, and good power! I incorporated the P2 flash with HFC,* catback WORKS exhaust and WORKS throttle body.I have not run the car on a dyno yet or taken it to the track..dyno day in SAC soon I hope.I did use a G-Tech on vacant country road and did some 1/4 mile runs. 13.00 at 110 mph with poor launch. I was impressed with mph since stock the best I could do was 13.49 at 103mph. I have seen comparable mph numbers( usually an indicator of HP) from Vishnu flashed EVO IX's with comparable mods.
This might be too vague of a reply but maybe others can chime in and give better track or dyno results!
I have not noticed any decrease in torque at all..More likely a increase in response of spool up and midrange torque is crazy! Nothing bad to say from any of my WORKS mods. They are a pleasure to deal with TOO!!* *

Anyone have actual first hand experience with both? I've been searching for a while and still have'nt come to an answer. Anyone actually driven or rode in a with ecutek and another car with the p2? What are the differences you've felt (pros and cons of both). I've spoken to a couple P2 users and have they have said they noticed smoothness daily driving wise, but have also noticed some loss in torque. Can anyone just give a breakdown of the ups and downs of both flashes? I'd appreciate it if WORKS and Vishnu (If they're on here) to stay out of this thread. I want comments from the customers or people that have riden/driven the cars of customers only.

Evo442
05-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Doubt that there is much of a difference between the two at all. Both produce pretty good products.

EVO GRIM
05-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Heres a local Vishnu tuned turbo back evo 9 with hks intake and samco hoses on 91 octane

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/kimbo63/Shiv%20yo/ANDYVO1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/kimbo63/Shiv%20yo/ANDYVO2.jpg

PANGES
06-01-2006, 01:34 AM
Heres a local Vishnu tuned turbo back evo 9 with hks intake and samco hoses on 91 octane

is that 22psi? What kinda boost controller?

vtluu
06-01-2006, 02:08 AM
Mind you, Vishnu's dyno reads higher than the Mustang Dyno like Gruppe-S's.

EVO GRIM
06-01-2006, 06:51 AM
Just a flash. No boost control. As far as I know. Maybe andy from gruppe-s can speek up. its his car. And maybe he has a dyno from gruppe-s for tam.

earlyapex
06-01-2006, 10:44 AM

Since when?

Lurk
06-01-2006, 11:01 AM

What's up guys, yes that was my car. Shiv did a custom tune on it with his ECUTEK reflash. It had actually put down 310whp the previous day on his dyno, but he didn't log that run. Only mods are the turboback, an intake, and samco hoses. Car is still using the stock boost control solenoid with a new boost line from Vishnu.

-Andy

Lurk
06-01-2006, 11:13 AM
As for the Mustang Dyno and Shiv's DD dyno reading higher or lower than each other, I'm not really sure. I haven't had a chance to do any back to back dyno'ing at both shops.

When my new setup is complete I will have Shiv retune my car and then goto Gruppe-S the same day and dyno there. I will post the graphs up so you guys can see. :)

You really have to ride in the car to appreciate and understand the kind of power it's making. Turbo lag is pretty much non existant, and the power comes on very linear. The torque is enough to actually spin the tires momentarily if I get on it hard in 2nd gear. I'm very happy with my setup. I'd actually like to see a WORKS P2 flashed car with the same mods as the ones I have, put down 310whp on a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

PANGES
06-01-2006, 11:42 AM
I'd actually like to see a WORKS P2 flashed car with the same mods as the ones I have, put down 310whp on a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

Are you saying you dont think a P2 flashed car would make as much?

Lurk
06-01-2006, 12:43 PM
I'd actually like to see a WORKS P2 flashed car with the same mods as the ones I have, put down 310whp on a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

From what I've seen WORKS customer cars put down on the dyno...No. Feel free to prove me wrong tho. Since you have a IX too, you should get the same mods that I have (which are pretty basic).Then flash your car with the WORKS P2 then dyno it and see what you put down.

MitsuMan
06-01-2006, 01:07 PM
+1 vishnu biatch.* *Maybe you could go and get works to pay for you to have it Dyno'd since they don't have their own.* :lol: :lol:* yea right 8)

but the Pee 2 will give you better gas milage :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: increase performance and economy at the same time

whtrice
06-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Hey Lurk, was wondering if you had a catdelete test pipe with these numbers or HFC or stock cat ? Also are you using a 3 in. DP ? I think Db tune in SAC is using a Mustang Dyno. Hope to go there in a couple weeks..Think you showed a bit of interest too..Be* fun to have you stop by to do a comparison from a DD Dyno..

From what I've seen WORKS customer cars put down on the dyno...No. Feel free to prove me wrong tho. Since you have a IX too, you should get the same mods that I have (which are pretty basic).Then flash your car with the WORKS P2 then dyno it and see what you put down.

PANGES
06-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Anyone out there with a IX that has the same mods as Lurk but w/ a P2? I dont wanna be the guinnia pig ;) I might as well be though. I'll probally give the P2 a try and then head over to Gruppe-S for a dyno and post up a comparison here for u guys. (I have pretty much the same setup as Lurk but with a works drop in filter instead of an intake)

Lurk
06-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Whtrice, I was running a full 3" DP, test pipe, and catback exhaust when I got tuned.

Panges, sounds like a good idea. I'm also curious as to what the results would be. :)

PANGES
06-01-2006, 02:44 PM
What intake are you using, Lurk? I doubt the difference wont be too much different between your intake and a drop in filter though... (maybe +/- 2-5 hp) maybe? What PSI levels are you at also? I'm thinking of asking works to bump mine to around 21psi.

EDIT: Can I get a discount for the dyno pulls at Gruppe-S if I get flashed by works and put it up here? :lol:

whtrice
06-01-2006, 04:54 PM
WORKS will put you at around 21 -22 boost max if you run 91 octane. Anymore you better run 100 octane all the time or have a water injection unit. I have currently no DP but a HFC, and WORKS exhaust. Also using a WORKS throttlebody. I am using a drop in filter too with stock air box.

What intake are you using, Lurk? I doubt the difference wont be too much different between your intake and a drop in filter though... (maybe +/- 2-5 hp) maybe? What PSI levels are you at also? I'm thinking of asking works to bump mine to around 21psi.

EDIT: Can I get a discount for the dyno pulls at Gruppe-S if I get flashed by works and put it up here? :lol:

PANGES
06-05-2006, 01:10 AM
WORKS will put you at around 21 -22 boost max if you run 91 octane. Anymore you better run 100 octane all the time or have a water injection unit. I have currently no DP but a HFC, and WORKS exhaust. Also using a WORKS throttlebody. I am using a drop in filter too with stock air box.

How much boost are you running? By any chance, could I get a ride in your car? I'll at the very least buy you lunch?

warpspeed
06-06-2006, 02:33 PM
but the Pee 2 will give you better gas milage :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: increase performance and economy at the same time

Well it did give me better gas mileage but performance.........not :(* * Like I said before, you want power go Vishnu or SRM if they got that new tuner they were talking about.

RenoEvoIX
06-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I vote Vishnu, Shiv really knows his shyt and gets crazy power out of the IX's with VERY minimal mods while still keeping safety and reliability in mind, check their forum out for insane graphs/number. WORKS is cool but their tunes seems kind of weak, no offense. I know they're all about safety but I think they could get a lot more out of the cars they tune without sacrificing anything.

EFIxMR
07-12-2006, 12:33 PM
http://www.speedelement.com/images/efi/evoixrs.jpg

We just finished our EVO9 RS reflash. Here is the results. Mods are TBE, drop in, walboro, hallman mbc.

wilson1
07-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Looking good!
What is the fee structure going to be?
Is dynotime included?

PANGES
07-12-2006, 12:44 PM
I may be interested too. I'm starting to worry about my flash from Vishnu. I'm starting to get problems since my flash there. Let us know more about yours, EFIxMR

wilson1
07-12-2006, 12:48 PM
what kind of problems are you having? :(

EFIxMR
07-12-2006, 12:51 PM
We are going to do a bit of driving on our car before we offer it to the public, we would love to reflash your car, but we are making sure everything is perfect first.

We are not a company that experiments on customers cars. :)

PANGES
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM

I tried PMing Shiv on Evom.net but he does'nt respond. He responded pretty good when I was trying to make an appointment, but when shit went wrong, he's MIA. I ntoiced on several occasions, in 3rd gear, when i floor it, my car stutters and I can't boost above 10psi... I checked all my lines and everything and no luck. I dont have a MBC. I only have Shiv's pill thing he puts in the boost line that raised my boost to 23 psi. That's fine with me as long as he tuned alright. I've asked him about 20-30 times to give me the dyno sheets from my tune, but he wont give them to me, probally because he thinks his dyno was'nt calibrated right that day and that it was hot out so my numbers read lower. And for some reason, now my boost is spiking to 25-26psi in 2nd and 3rd gear on different occasions that dont seem to be affected by weather. It deos it on hot AND cold days. I tried contacting Shiv again about this new problem with no luck.

wilson1
07-12-2006, 01:40 PM
did you calll him?

dohcvtec
07-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Ya, picking up a phone and calling like neanderthals is usually better than sending a PM.

crctslt
07-12-2006, 10:35 PM

Vishnu's, Gruppe S', and Full Function's dynos read within 2 hp of each other last I heard.

whtrice
07-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Since my WORKS P2 flash I have had nice and consistant good performance!

I tried PMing Shiv on Evom.net but he does'nt respond. He responded pretty good when I was trying to make an appointment, but when shit went wrong, he's MIA. I ntoiced on several occasions, in 3rd gear, when i floor it, my car stutters and I can't boost above 10psi... I checked all my lines and everything and no luck. I dont have a MBC. I only have Shiv's pill thing he puts in the boost line that raised my boost to 23 psi. That's fine with me as long as he tuned alright. I've asked him about 20-30 times to give me the dyno sheets from my tune, but he wont give them to me, probally because he thinks his dyno was'nt calibrated right that day and that it was hot out so my numbers read lower. And for some reason, now my boost is spiking to 25-26psi in 2nd and 3rd gear on different occasions that dont seem to be affected by weather. It deos it on hot AND cold days. I tried contacting Shiv again about this new problem with no luck.

MAB1025
07-13-2006, 09:28 AM

Same here... No problems at all.

Kirk@works
08-07-2006, 06:49 PM
If what you are seeking is dyno #'s go to others, if what you want is reliable performance, long term value, balance, power under the curve, and the most comprehensive product line for your Evo's performance choose WORKS.

Competition Evo's without dyno testing:
USTCC Good Sport/WORKS Evo- no dyno testing.
WORKS Time Attack Winning Evo- no dyno testing.
Mike Santos SCCA T2 Regional Champion Evo- no dyno testing.

engineers tune cars, sport compact writers make up great stories....

Matz
08-07-2006, 09:07 PM
sport compact writers make up great stories....

This might explain why Dynoflash is always in Turbo magazine.

As far as the WORKS-tuned cars you had mentioned, they may not be dyno-tuned, but surely they were tuned on the track for peak performance. However, I think the original poster (when referring to the P2) is really asking about the off-the-shelf P2 and Xede, and not a custom tune.

All cars are different, so you can't really knock using the dyno charts as a metric for tuning, right? If you look at the dyno charts from my P2 tune vs CareBear custom tune, you'll see a noticeable difference. I still have to do some logging on the street this Wednesday to see how the numbers compare.

KareBearPowa
08-07-2006, 11:41 PM
If you look at the dyno charts from my P2 tune vs CareBear custom tune, you'll see a noticeable difference. I still have to do some logging on the street this Wednesday to see how the numbers compare.

Be careful Matz, totally different dynos, different ecus, different day, different mods, different car even?

Matz
08-08-2006, 06:00 AM
If you look at the dyno charts from my P2 tune vs CareBear custom tune, you'll see a noticeable difference. I still have to do some logging on the street this Wednesday to see how the numbers compare.

Be careful Matz, totally different dynos, different ecus, different day, different mods, different car even?

Yep... hopefully no one has misconstrued anything. I was only trying to make 2 points here: 1) You cannot discount the importance of tuning on the dyno. It shortens the interation period for tuning a specific car, which lets you get closer to the ideal map faster. Then you can take it out on the street to make sure everything you did is correct. 2) Off-the-shelf tunes can't be perfect for each car, as my off-the-shelf tune had AFRs all over the place, vs. the custom tune which is practically a flat line. Does that mean the custom tune is better? Well, it depends. I like it because it's consistent and predictable... but the P2 never caused me any problems and drove great, too!

nebolic
08-08-2006, 07:33 AM

Same here... No problems at all.

Are you sure you have the pill in there? the pill should prevent the spike in boost. the erratic spike in the boost may mean you don't have a pill in there . . .

check that out. Also, if you're boost is spiking like that, somethig is wrong with the car and I wouldn't drive it around under full load. I'd get it checked out before you drive hard again. Overboosting = bye bye engine.

nebo