PDA

View Full Version : keyhole satellite imagery

BUDLoNG
04-20-2004, 12:24 PM
got this software from keyhole.com
it allows you to zoom in on any part of the world. I looked for a nice windy road near san jose. I found one, looked great, lots of curves, then i zoomed in and could tell it was a two lane, into a one lane, back to a two lane,with almost no houses most of the way. I could even see the elevation changes.... and all this without even leaving my house!!

if i can figure out how to post an image... i will =D

This is a great tool for finding hidden roads, and mapping routes.
BUDLoNG

BUDLoNG
04-20-2004, 12:37 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=893069/drive.jpg

SouthernCrane
04-20-2004, 12:52 PM
:woowoo: that's pretty good, i should try that out sometime.

BluEvo
04-20-2004, 01:45 PM
i think i've been up that route. we drove in it the middle of the night. we started going up the hill on 237 milpitas and end up coming down into san jose, sierra dr. it's very narrow, dirt roads here and there. if you turned off your light up in the mountain, it was pitch black. :shock: it was quite a perdy view at the top looking over the city.

definetly, not a road to be going fast on though. at times it was not even a road, holes/dips everywhere.

but it could have changed since i last went there. it was about 7-8 months ago. did't take the evo, we were in the protoge 5

vtluu
04-20-2004, 02:00 PM
It's fun software; I used it to generate my "drive to work" map:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album06/drive_to_work.jpg

The cool thing is that you can use it to view the terrain features so you can see what the roads and hills are really like.

odyss3y
04-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I pay for this service, its great. I've used it a few times for drive planning.

ez76
04-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Earthviewer rules. It was the first application in a long while that made me say: WOW.

JanSolo
04-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Earthviewer rules. It was the first application in a long while that made me say: WOW.

I said the same thing about the Yahoo Toolbar for IE.

BUDLoNG
04-20-2004, 05:32 PM
basically its sierra ave...
it was two lane most of the way all asphalt... with i think two areas that were single lane... two 10mph hair turns... lots of dips [with the evo;s lighting, you cant see the road in some parts.. just black and then boom its there again..]

definitly not a place to drive crazy... but in the evo, the posted speedlimit is a joke...
i dont know what i did to deserve it, but i had the whole road to myself for about 98% of the drive :):)

BUDLoNG