PDA

View Full Version : Just want to give Works a big thumbs up

warpspeed
04-20-2004, 06:04 PM
I just want to say that the people at Works are fantastic. Peter and Tyler are the two guys I would highly recommend for any Evo questions. Especially Peter. A few weeks later after getting my p2, I told Peter that I was losing torque(which I was not suppose to). Anyway he told to come down and we will troubleshoot it which he did. I also got the GFB installed and the idle problem was not that bad compared to others. Maybe because I still have the stock air box. Even though the problem was minimal, he still took the time to drive the car around and adjust the GFB. So to anyone who wants to do some upgrade to their Evos, then Works is the best place to go. Just watch out for the potholes going up the street :driving:
Oh ya, my car goes like a bat out of hell now. :D

Noel

TylerO@WORKS
04-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Some of the big potholes are filled now...

some of them aren't. watch out!

SouthernCrane
04-20-2004, 08:35 PM
I also got the GFB installed and the idle problem was not that bad compared to others. Maybe because I still have the stock air box. Even though the problem was minimal, he still took the time to drive the car around and adjust the GFB.
Noel

After the GFB was adjusted, how did it run?

559EVO
04-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Yeah does it idle good with the GFB unit?

warpspeed
04-20-2004, 11:28 PM
With the GFB my car, so far, idles normally. :D It never dies out like other members with the GFB. I only have a K&N drop-in and a RMR aluminum intake piping. Peter from Works were troubleshooting this idle problem on other Evos. We were both thinking it might be due to the type of intake other people are running. With a much more free flowing intake, somehow it is affecting the idle with the GFB. He said there was one evo that had a idle problem with the GFB with a AEM full intake set up. The guy put his stock one back on and the problem disappeared. Weird..
I know the evo doesn't idle smooth from the start and with the GFB, the only thing I notice about the idle is that the car sounds like it has a hot cam from inside the car. I can live with that... and I like that swoosh sound. One of the reason I bought an Evo.