PDA

View Full Version : Imports Cafe in San Jose now open

MitsuMan
04-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Have you ever seen The Fast and the furious remember the parts shop "Harry's".? Well anyways this shop is very simular to harry's It has a service section for installs; sterios, custom interior body kits bolt ons engine swaps(hondas) ect. In the main show room they have a featured car parked and display cases with honda turbo kit afc controlers gages tubo timers ect and a ordering area with alot of catalogs. Of corse most anything they can get you has to come from a catalog because they have only been there for two weeks but they are already growing. They also can refill NOS if you got it. They are really cool for the most part good prices and no shipping, they really are trying to build a good customer base. I for one think its really a cool shop because they are really street and show oriented. they have their personal cars that win import shows and they really know whats up on the bling bling if your into that. The owner is cool hes young like twenties and just wants the import subculter scene to have a place to go away from the cops. Which reminds me they have a cafe area with drinks and snacks a large seating area with a tv playing option 2 vid and stuff. on the week ends they have a dj and a lot of cars show up/and wantabe import model girls It beats going to the local coffe shop and getting kicked out for not buying stuff. their open to 1am on fri and sat and 700pm on weekdays. they're located on monterey rd and southside rd just north of capital express way. WE should seriously have a monday night meet there i told him we might and he said come on down bring anyone you want but they arn't open that late maybe on a fri or sat night would be better we could laugh at all the civics or something check it out 3071 Monterey RD 408-224-9522

SouthernCrane
04-21-2004, 06:25 PM
sounds cool, i'm down for a meet there.

ez76
04-21-2004, 10:31 PM
a car shop open until 1am? am i awake?

evo_dadi
04-21-2004, 10:50 PM
well its on a fri or sat night but im down to meet there.just not this weekend since im going to socal.

JanSolo
04-21-2004, 10:53 PM
a car shop open until 1am? am i awake?

Survey says... YES - you are awake!

kimmievo
04-21-2004, 11:14 PM
sounds cool, i'm down for a meet there.

Me too!!!!! :D

GReddy_917
04-22-2004, 12:56 PM
word

BluEvo
04-22-2004, 01:18 PM
:werd:

JanSolo
04-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Okay went and checked it out today. As I was driving there, a guy in a blue Evo drove past me, but didn't even see me.

Anyhow, checked it out. I ended up talking to one of the owners for a while and they seemed pretty open to having a meet there, stocking some Evo specific parts for us, giving us discounts on group buys, etc. I also let one of the owners (Robert) and one of the guys working there (Matthew) drive my car up and down the street a bit so they could become Evo believers. I think they were sold on it - at least, I hope they were.

I didn't have a chance to check out their cafe portion, but I am hoping to in the near future. They just need some coin-op racing games, a few tv's playing some WRC or Best Motoring vids, and they will be the place to go.

MitsuMan
04-22-2004, 06:32 PM
yea i didn't let them drive my car cause they probably would've wet the seat. I'll be there fri and sat night to check out the scene around 8or9 But mat said that the parking lot gets full fast and last weekend the cops stopped by the ask if they could tow any cars for blocking the drive way. matt of corse declined. The only bad (good if you don't like your license) part is that all the domestics from SJ area race up and down Monterey so whatch out for the police and take off any stickers you might have on the weekends in that area. It usualy dosn't get bad though until 1030 and I'll admit I go kick some mustang ass every now and then --I can't help myself sometimes.

kataklyzm
04-22-2004, 08:21 PM
sorry jan, that was me.. i was in a rush for free lunch..i went back later and they told me that you were just there....shoulda stayed longer....anyways.. i got an a/f and 30 psi guages(ultra lites) and mounting cups for $140ish from them.. their pricing seems very reasonable to me...is it every saturday they have the meets?
maybe i'll see someone there next time!

evo_dadi
04-23-2004, 07:04 AM
you guys can start posting here (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=931)