PDA

View Full Version : OTC News

JanSolo
04-21-2004, 06:59 PM
In case you are not following the OTC stuff..

So it looks like Robi has blown his engine. His codriver took the car out for a few too many laps and he suffered fuel starvation (could have been a bad fuel pump). Consequently, his engine blew.

The good news is that he dropped his car off at San Rafael Mitsubishi and they stopped everything to throw a brand new 4G63 into Robi's Evo. So, he will be back in the OTC tomorrow and driving hard once again.

Anyhow, that's all the news I have for now.

(I told you guys San Rafael Mitsu kicks ass.)

vtluu
04-21-2004, 07:57 PM
a brand new 4G63
Doesn't a new engine need to be broken in?

coolguy949
04-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Warranty?

vtluu
04-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Warranty?
With the other mods he's done to the engine system? I doubt it. It's still cool that San Raf is willing to go out of their way to help him out, though.

coolguy949
04-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Oh, i thought his evo was stock. :) hehehehe

ez76
04-21-2004, 10:29 PM
it begs a good question though. is he going to transfer his undamaged internals to the new motor? otherwise, he can't really run a stage 4 buschurflash on a stock motor (maybe he is getting an ECU transplant too?)

coolguy949
04-21-2004, 10:32 PM
the motor was stock already except for the cams. I'm sure he's transfer over all the bolt-ons. No sense in not using over 7 grand in parts.

lambtron
04-21-2004, 11:40 PM
There are two left if robi makes it in time. The cas failed on our evo on monday, fixed it we were back on the track next day. Then at thunderhill the snap ring in the clutch failed. We drove back to our shop, contemplated whether we should fix it or not and decided that it's not worth it, decided to play it safe, we got the data we wanted in preparation for one lap of america which is in like 10 days. One evo blew up for the second time on monday, one was totalled, I'm not sure what happened to the rest. Robi crashed (monday) and blew his motor. Just didn't seem like a good week for the evo crowd.

ez76
04-21-2004, 11:46 PM
the motor was stock already except for the cams. I'm sure he's transfer over all the bolt-ons. No sense in not using over 7 grand in parts.

he was claiming 425hp at the crank over on the OTC board. that tells me he had something other than cams in there - you can't get there with just bolt-ons :wink:

JanSolo
04-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Hmmmm... motec perhaps?

ez76
04-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Hmmmm... motec perhaps?

ported head

Ricardon
04-23-2004, 03:09 PM
He had a fully built head on that thing...I don't know where the stock talk came from LOL! That car was built almost as much as Mark's (gt40 on Socal). Hey he took the class...so congrats to Robi!! Sucks that there was such EVO carneage this year, maybe next year will go better for the EVO crowd. Mark and I have discussed participating in next year's event, sounds like a trip!