PDA

View Full Version : Anyone custom tuned by Vishnu?

PANGES
06-07-2006, 01:49 PM
I was just curious so I sent Shiv an email. He quoted me 750 +250= $1000 for a custom tune for my IX. I'd assume the $750 is for the Xflash or Ecutek and the $250 is for 1 hour of custom tuning... Does that sound about right? That sounded a tad high to me...?

mattbcool
06-07-2006, 01:54 PM
sounds like the cost of an xede and a custom tune... but i dont think the xede is available for the 9... maybe its a expensive flash because its the 9.
and i am custom tuned by shiv 293whp and a about 285 trq.
what do you have on your car again? tbe?

PANGES
06-07-2006, 02:01 PM
sounds like the cost of an xede and a custom tune... but i dont think the xede is available for the 9... maybe its a expensive flash because its the 9.
and i am custom tuned by shiv 293whp and a about 285 trq.
what do you have on your car again? tbe?

All I have is a TBE and drop in filter... That's one of the most expensive flashes i've seen so I was wondering if that was normal or did he just jack up my price or something? lol.

earlyapex
06-07-2006, 02:25 PM
sounds like the cost of an xede and a custom tune... but i dont think the xede is available for the 9...

9 plug and play XFLASH is $750
Custom tune with it is $250

Xede is $849
+ $349 with SMART

It's all here:
http://www.vishnutuning.com/evo.htm

mattbcool
06-07-2006, 02:33 PM
from what i hear the flash on the 9 really wakes up the car. i would do it if i were u...
just my opinion.

PANGES
06-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I probally will. I'll try to make an appointment with Shiv for next week. See if he can squeeze every last oz of power out of my car for what I have..

ob4
06-07-2006, 03:03 PM
I think 750 is for ecutek flash.

earlyapex
06-07-2006, 03:09 PM
I think 750 is for ecutek flash.

Which is all Vishnu offers for the 9 right now.

Just look at the site I linked above people. eesh.

Lurk
06-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Exactly, it's all there on the site. $750 is for the Flash with no tuning. $250 on top of that if you want a custom tune. I'm waiting for the XEDE w/ SMART to come out for the IX.

Lurk
06-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I probally will. I'll try to make an appointment with Shiv for next week. See if he can squeeze every last oz of power out of my car for what I have..

I thought you were going to have WORKS tune your car? :o

PANGES
06-07-2006, 03:36 PM

I thought you were going to have WORKS tune your car? :o

SHhhhh!!! >=P

Lurk
06-07-2006, 03:39 PM
LOL, I would have liked to see those results of the WORKS tune. :D

Boostd4
06-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Shiv tooned mine personally...then showed me how to drift it in the rain when he was done. :P I highly recommend going with Shiv as the tuner. Pricing sounds about right.

PANGES
06-13-2006, 04:45 PM

From the results of the dyno day at dbtuned, I believe a IX tuned by WORKS made a little over 300 awhp/300 tq. with a very nice torque/hp curve that seemed to stay up there till redline. I noticed that on Vishnu's dyno graphs, in the top end, the power drops off... probally from the boost tapering where WORKS does'nt. Either way. I can't wait for my tune with Shiv. As long as he can break 300awhp/tq, I'll be very pleased... if he can break 310awhp/tq on his dyno, i'll be very very happy. :lol:

MAB1025
06-13-2006, 06:34 PM

From the results of the dyno day at dbtuned, I believe a IX tuned by WORKS made a little over 300 awhp/300 tq. with a very nice torque/hp curve that seemed to stay up there till redline. I noticed that on Vishnu's dyno graphs, in the top end, the power drops off... probally from the boost tapering where WORKS does'nt. Either way. I can't wait for my tune with Shiv. As long as he can break 300awhp/tq, I'll be very pleased... if he can break 310awhp/tq on his dyno, i'll be very very happy. :lol:

No offsense to Shiv... But the last couple of times I have been to Works I've seen the Vishnu cars there to get fixed and then re-tuned.

PANGES
06-14-2006, 11:05 AM
^^^ That's what someone I was speaking to at Works was saying the last time I was there...

EVO GRIM
06-14-2006, 11:50 AM
All shops say that about their competetors customers.

MAB1025
06-14-2006, 12:42 PM
All shops say that about their competetors customers.

No one from Works actually said anything bad about it... I just noticed that when I went there I saw alot of cars with Vishnu Tuning on it and they were at WORKS.

chrisw
06-14-2006, 12:58 PM

No offsense to Shiv... But the last couple of times I have been to Works I've seen the Vishnu cars there to get fixed and then re-tuned.

that means nothing. I have my EVO customed tuned by shiv, and I use Works because I like their services and they are conviently located near a rental car place.

PANGES
06-14-2006, 01:09 PM

that means nothing. I have my EVO customed tuned by shiv, and I use Works because I like their services and they are conviently located near a rental car place.

I'm going to be tuned by Shiv, but most likely, for a good chunk fo the parts that I need, I'm probally going to Works for them, simply because I was very please with my experience there when I was simply there to pick up my drop in filter. I'm pretty much only returning to Vishnu for retunes, etc. I'm using a Vishnu tune with Works parts... dont get mad at me!

Batman281
09-03-2006, 10:37 AM
I know where Vishnu is located, but where is Works? Link to a website?

Thanks!

MarkSAE
09-03-2006, 10:45 AM
www.worksevo.com

Batman281
09-03-2006, 11:29 AM
www.worksevo.com

:cool:

lqdchkn
09-03-2006, 11:48 AM
I know where Vishnu is located, but where is Works? Link to a website?

Thanks!

LOL you know where Vishnu is located. :lol:* That's a good one that guy has been hiding out for years now. :lol: :lol:* I stoped by the address on their website on friday and low and behold nothing but a jiffy lube.* I asked them about it and they gave the Vishnu ph#.* I called and they basically said that they only rent space for tuning and have no sort of "store front".* I wanted to stop by chat and get some dyno charts.* Apparently that is not possible.* Call me weird but I like to visit my shops before I purchase.* Kinda a trust thing.*

Now Vishnu guys don't go and get all your knickers in a snit.* I'm probably going to go with a Vishnu Xflash (read ECUTEK) myself.* Shiv's reputation as a tuner is renound but it's the whole "sketchy" thing that I don't like. :)

MREVO2U
11-10-2006, 12:12 AM
My MR made 270 wheel on shiv's DD dyno. 300 is asking a lot of a stock Evo but this is nothing to Bock at cause I ran it to the tune of 12.9 at 109 it made 225 before the tune that was the price I paid and it is by far the most power I will ever get for a grand

UCB
11-10-2006, 10:30 AM
$1000 for a custom tune from shiv????? :shock:

nebolic
11-10-2006, 04:37 PM

probably came with the exede...

pretty sure exede plus custom tune is around $1G

nebo

PANGES
11-10-2006, 04:52 PM

nebo

I paid $1000 for my custom tune w/ ecuTek.... =/

nebolic
11-10-2006, 04:53 PM

nebo

I paid $1000 for my custom tune w/ ecuTek.... =/

:shock:

nebo

UCB
11-10-2006, 04:55 PM
double :shock:

I hate ecutek, such a sham

PANGES
11-10-2006, 05:13 PM
I hate telling people that, it's so embarassing..

earlyapex1
11-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Price:
ECU XFlash : $750

Custom Dyno Tuning: $250

=$1,000

Whoo hoo!

Lurk
11-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Damn $1000 is alot to spend.

Lurk
04-11-2007, 11:47 PM

Bump :lol:

PANGES
04-12-2007, 11:39 AM

Bump :lol:

Bump for what? lol

spoolin
04-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Oh god not again... not another thread reviving rampage!!!

ninja edit: i spelled thread wrong, dont ask :?