PDA

View Full Version : Usage policy

vtluu
06-09-2006, 05:00 PM
With people getting banned (or not), people threatened with banning, vendors abusing permissions leaks, moderators flexing their muscles, I think it's time NorCalEvo had a formal usage policy/user agreement etc.

Arbitrary rulings and policy might have been okay when NCE had a few hundred members and only a handful of admins and mods, but I think there needs to be something of a "written law" now that NCE has over 2000 members.

DRFTR8
06-09-2006, 05:10 PM
we will post new rules that will affect everyone on here including yourself.. and also "moderators flexing their muscles" is whats going to happen when shit hits the fan.. when admins dont have time to babysit you guys thats when the mods come in and try to fix the problem until an admin can fix the issue themselves

vtluu
06-09-2006, 05:16 PM
So, NCE serves the vendors and not the members. Now that we're clear on that, see ya.

earlyapex
06-09-2006, 05:20 PM
So, NCE serves the vendors and not the members. Now that we're clear on that, see ya.

Keep the door open, I'm coming with ya...

DRFTR8
06-09-2006, 05:26 PM

no we dont just serve the vendors, we are going to keep this site clean from anyones unwanted remarks.. and if you feel you need to run beacuse we are not catering to you then thats your choice

evo_dadi
06-09-2006, 09:00 PM
*sees bryan and tam heading to hondatech*

dayum mike you going like pres.marcos now ;)

DRFTR8
06-09-2006, 09:07 PM
*sees bryan and tam heading to hondatech*

dayum mike you going like pres.marcos now ;)

hahahaha... everyone is just taking this whole thing out of content.. there was an incident that needed to be handled and i handled it the way i saw fit.. they werent happy that we have boundaries where mods and admins has to step in and put down laws... so that we wouldnt have chaos just like we just had

leif
06-09-2006, 09:13 PM
boundaries? like basemodelevo deleting and editing bryans posts and not getting banned?* or rather you unbanning him?

1 page of threads of people arguing doesnt equal chaos to me either.

JanSolo
06-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Mike didn't unban him - Dino did. So I bitched at Dino and he said I could do what I had to do.

leif
06-10-2006, 12:34 AM
thats wut i thought...dinos always to the rescue isn't he.

coolguy949
06-10-2006, 12:48 AM
The door is open for you to leave too leif.

If you only had an ounce of knowledge of what's happening behind the scenes you'd shut your big ass mouth. We're dealing with it. I'm still getting up to speed on what happened exactly. I'm not sure why members left, which is what I need to talk to Jan about in the morning.

I have rules and guidelines I am posting right now, adapted from socalevo.

Everyone needs to stop being back seat drivers and let us do our thing. This site isn't "corrupted" by vendors, it was a permissions error on the new software. The fault lies in the vendor who KNOWINGLY still edited those posts even though he knew ethically it wasn't right. It's like finding someone's wallet with a hundred bucks in it.

drmosh
06-10-2006, 12:49 AM
thats wut i thought...dinos always to the rescue isn't he.

For the record, the vendor made a mistake, but you all want to hang him, I gave him the benefit of the doubt after speaking with him and unbanned him, Jan decide the punishment should be more harsh, I am more impartial to it so I sided with Jan actually and decided to leave the ban on after Jan decided to ban.