06-09-2006, 05:32 PM
nce power woo woo.

dohcvtec
06-09-2006, 05:34 PM
now you'll see him and tam are gone. should we start a mass NCE walkout? lol

leif
06-09-2006, 05:35 PM
for those who didnt see it:

Was fun sharing knowledge and information, helping people with their questions, getting help myself on questions and collaborating with people on ideas and what not.

I got one too many slaps on the wrists for "challenging" vendors and today was the last straw for me.

A vendor deleted my posts, edited my posts and others and got away with everything. Even now the Vendor thinks he didn't do anything wrong.

Anybody that knows me well knows I am very much a "power to the people" kind of person which I hope came off in my many posts about tuning, installing, tweaking, etc. I tried to show people that they can do these things themselves if they wanted to and had the information to do so.

I am beginning to see that this is frowned upon by the moderators and that their paying vendors have complained so I was told to not cause anymore noise for their paying vendors.

So... with that. I am out. Cheers all. I will for sure see you at track events, dyno days, other boards etc. Don't forget to say Hi.
-bryan

dohcvtec
06-09-2006, 05:37 PM
damn, i didn't even see that thread. NCE mods are quick with their kung fu deletion of threads. :O

leif
06-09-2006, 05:38 PM
well vendors are allowed to break the rules and edit posts, cuz they're cool like that

DRFTR8
06-09-2006, 05:43 PM
now you'll see him and tam are gone. should we start a mass NCE walkout? lol

They didnt like the fact that they werent backed up, I did not chose any sides and i gave all of them warnings on what happened and to keep future post clean and respectful... i dont think anyone appreciates being bashed, i know bryan shared his knowledge but that doesnt give him or anyone the right to start issues... we would have handled it if we gotten a PM from him or anyone who felt that someone higher should take care of it thats why they have MODs and ADMINS. so no one should take matters on their own hand... You guys should think this is a small town and it has laws... we can enforce the law

SpeedElement
06-09-2006, 05:46 PM
well vendors are allowed to break the rules and edit posts, cuz they're cool like that

I don't think we break any rules in the past

dohcvtec
06-09-2006, 05:48 PM

No, but what garaged performance pulled was uncalled for. DRFTR8 should have taken action against them, not Bryan.

DRFTR8
06-09-2006, 05:52 PM

the vendors are cannot defend themselves from 5 guys bashing on them.. so they walk, we dont need any vendor to wallk who is here to serve the community.. they give their time and knowledge and also great rate to you all so i dont see why they need to be attacked..

No, but what garaged performance pulled was uncalled for. DRFTR8 should have taken action against them, not Bryan.

i did not take action on bryan, he decided to walk on his own, i talked to him thru PM and he didnt agree on what i did.. i didnt ban him, he deleted his account with us.. also i have taken action on garaged, they know their limits on this forum now...

dohcvtec
06-09-2006, 05:55 PM
So, who deleted his thread to begin with?* You didn't state that you were taking action against them.* I know he left on his own, that was because no one was keeping said vendor in check.* So, did you delete bryans thread?* Or did it magically disappear?* Or was Garaged still on their mod spree?

Eclipse
06-09-2006, 06:02 PM

the vendors are cannot defend themselves from 5 guys bashing on them.. so they walk, we dont need any vendor to wallk who is here to serve the community.. they give their time and knowledge and also great rate to you all so i dont see why they need to be attacked..

i did not take action on bryan, he decided to walk on his own, i talked to him thru PM and he didnt agree on what i did.. i didnt ban him, he deleted his account with us.. also i have taken action on garaged, they know their limits on this forum now...

So Bryan wasn't Timed suspended by Jan first? With no action showing against Garaged? This place sure doesn't seem to be about it's members.

JanSolo
06-09-2006, 06:06 PM
No no no. I actually did ban BaseModelEvo for a week, while we double checked permissions and such. I don't care who a vendor thinks he is or what he is doing for the community, whether it's 100 people on him or just 1. If he goes off and fucks with people's posts, he is banned - which I wanted to do for life, not simply for 1 week. BUT, since I don't own this place, my ban was removed by a "higher power".

Seriously, if BaseModelEvo cannot handle people bitching at him, then he needs to go back to the Prius forums where people talk about hugs and flowers.

Evo442
06-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Hmmm.. to bad I missed all the commotion. *I'd like to find out what happened for myself. *Did Tam and Bryan get kicked off NCE, or are they fed up and just left? *Its too bad. *Although Bryan carries a bit of an edge in his posts, he is quite personable when you meet him, and is very generous in sharing his knowlege and experience. *I've certainly learned a lot from him. *

Again, it would be nice to know what happened, this seems to place a new vendor in a bit of an unfavorable light.

missred
06-09-2006, 06:11 PM
WTF????

missred
06-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Hmmm.. to bad I missed all the commotion. I'd like to find out what happened for myself. Did Tam and Bryan get kicked off NCE, or are they fed up and just left? Its too bad. Although Bryan carries a bit of an edge in his posts, he is quite personable when you meet him, and is very generous in sharing his knowlege and experience. I've certainly learned a lot from him.

+1

dohcvtec
06-09-2006, 06:17 PM
They both got fed up and left on their own.

ez76
06-09-2006, 06:21 PM
This never would have happened if jstockdale had just stayed with the caravan like we all agreed.

Eclipse
06-09-2006, 06:27 PM
No no no. I actually did ban BaseModelEvo for a week, while we double checked permissions and such. I don't care who a vendor thinks he is or what he is doing for the community, whether it's 100 people on him or just 1. If he goes off and fucks with people's posts, he is banned - which I wanted to do for life, not simply for 1 week. BUT, since I don't own this place, my ban was removed by a "higher power".

Seriously, if BaseModelEvo cannot handle people bitching at him, then he needs to go back to the Prius forums where people talk about hugs and flowers.

Sorry Jan that's what I thought at first but only Bryan showed as gone. Thank you for taking action. Bryan can rub you the wrong way but he doesn't let anyone get away with selling crap and spreading misinfo. Thanks for taking action, probably against resistance. It remains to be seen about the direction of the forum and the owners priorities versus the members.

Scott

dohcvtec
06-09-2006, 06:30 PM
This never would have happened if jstockdale had just stayed with the caravan like we all agreed.

woa, that was from left field, wrong post? lol

ez76
06-09-2006, 06:43 PM
woa, that was from left field, wrong post? lol

i think you get my meaning

dohcvtec
06-09-2006, 06:50 PM
;)

mtsevovii
06-09-2006, 06:54 PM
damn...this bites arse.

Lurk
06-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Is NCE turning into BAIC now? LoL. Dun Dun Dun...drama. :D

evo_dadi
06-09-2006, 07:31 PM
man that sucks to hear that both of them walked out.they were major contributors on this site.even tho they were blunt at least they are upfront and true all the time.it might offend some people but things happen and can be fixed or dealt with.

leif
06-09-2006, 08:17 PM
so they walk, we dont need any vendor to wallk who is here to serve the community..

in this process you lost two of the most valuable, knowledgable and resourceful members this forum will ever have. but i guess a 5% discount on the latest intake is more important than tam's diy's or bryan's tuning advice for all the ecu+ guys.

evo_dadi
06-09-2006, 08:27 PM
so they walk, we dont need any vendor to wallk who is here to serve the community..

in this process you lost two of the most valuable, knowledgable and resourceful members this forum will ever have. but i guess a 5% discount on the latest intake is more important than tam's diy's or bryan's tuning advice for all the ecu+ guys.

sadly but thats whats happening :(

DRFTR8
06-09-2006, 08:33 PM

i understand what you mean but does that give them the right to better than anyone else? i was equal to all parties involved and informed them what needs to happen.. they both walk cuz they didnt want to keep it on a respectful level.. everyone here has the right to say what they have in mind, but do it in a way that you wont offend anyone.

DRFTR8
06-09-2006, 08:35 PM
So, who deleted his thread to begin with? You didn't state that you were taking action against them. I know he left on his own, that was because no one was keeping said vendor in check. So, did you delete bryans thread? Or did it magically disappear? Or was Garaged still on their mod spree?

i didnt delete a thread.. and no Garaged isnt on the mod spree.. he has been warned

Matz
06-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Great, we lost Tam and Bryan, two of the biggest contributors to NCE, IMO. WTF.

leif
06-09-2006, 08:38 PM

i understand what you mean but does that give them the right to better than anyone else? i was equal to all parties involved and informed them what needs to happen.. they both walk cuz they didnt want to keep it on a respectful level.. everyone here has the right to say what they have in mind, but do it in a way that you wont offend anyone.

wow i better not call anyone a meany head around here or i might find my posts edited... jesus christ.

DRFTR8
06-09-2006, 08:43 PM

wow i better not call anyone a meany head around here or i might find my posts edited... jesus christ.

do you what happened? do you know how it started?

evo_dadi
06-09-2006, 08:46 PM
leif = ricer bwahahah ;)

this reminds me of something happening waaay back in time ;)

leif
06-09-2006, 08:59 PM
^ im offended at your post marcel.

teehee

leif
06-09-2006, 09:04 PM

yes i know, do you? or are you basing it off ur buddy basemodelevo's info?

Matz
06-09-2006, 09:10 PM
People here are mean to each other all of the time. Look at all of the past posts with MitsuMan, MitsubishZ, Tam, Bryan, etc. etc... nothing ever happened in these cases, probably not a slap on the wrist. But as soon as a vendor gets involved, everything goes to hell and now we've lost Tam and Bryan, who have helped NCE members way longer than BaseModelEvo. I have nothing against BaseModelEvo, but in my eyes, that's the truth. I can't even count the number of times Tam and Bryan have offered me advice, free tuning help, etc. etc. Sure, the decision to leave was their own, but they never would have left if the situation was dealt with properly. I think JanSolo said it best -- it is BaseModelEvo's own fault for f'ing with someone's posts, which is just not the right thing to do, period.

Just my opinion, please don't flame me. But if you must, go ahead and I will mind my own business.

evo_dadi
06-09-2006, 09:16 PM
well dave thank god for AIM,at least we can still get a hold of them there if we have questions.

Matz
06-09-2006, 09:23 PM
well dave thank god for AIM,at least we can still get a hold of them there if we have questions.

Yep. And I know where Tam lives and where he works. :lol:

evo_dadi
06-09-2006, 09:24 PM
hahaha stalker :)

EV0LL
06-09-2006, 09:52 PM

How did they act like they had the right to be better than anyone else? You mean by giving a buddy vendor editing privileges and then intimidating other members who have questioned said vendor? They may have walked out on their own, but they were certainly shown the door. It's pretty F'd up when the common man not only has to deal with a vendor who all of a sudden has "powers" he shouldn't but then has to realize the fact that he has to ALSO deal with a possible mod who is more sympathetic to said vendor.

Bottom line: A public forum like NCE should serve the members first, and vendors should come second. They are here to promote their goods and services, tech tips, and add value to the site. BUT if they start making claims, then they should be able to back those claims up, subject to public scrutiny. Its one thing when someone acts blatantly against a vendor, making unsubstantiated claims about them, but quite different when someone asks legitimate questions about a vendor’s claim/promotion/whatever.

I read that thread between Bryan and BaseEvo, and that was hardly anything to cry over. IMO, Vendors should be spending less time on the net, and more time focusing on what they are doing as a business to contribute to the evo-community. I always shake my head when I see Al, Buschur, and Shiv get all riled up and mouth off on the net. They should just shut up and let their work speak for themselves, and spend all that time and energy spent on the forums, into their business...kinda like RRE for example.

Also, if you can't have a thick skin and take a lil heat, you should get your ass off the internet, and that’s just life...

evo_dadi
06-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Also, if you can't have a thick skin and take a lil heat, you should get your ass off the internet, and that’s just life...

+1 werd

MarkSAE
06-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Wow, someone needs to rectify this situation. It has not been dealt with correctly. I hope with time, anger will subside, things will be settled, and Tam and Bryan will be back.

JanSolo
06-09-2006, 11:51 PM
No worries - I got BaseModelEvo banned for however long he needs to be banned for.

If you can't handle being flamed on a regional forum, you certainly can't handle being involved in the business world where things can be very cutthroat.

leif
06-10-2006, 12:36 AM
thx jan, im glad you see eye to eye with the rest of us.

dohcvtec
06-10-2006, 09:14 AM
I think JanSolo said it best -- it is BaseModelEvo's own fault for f'ing with someone's posts, which is just not the right thing to do, period.

Exactly, that IS NOT an excuse for a vendor to go in edit/delete posts. Crying about bryan or tam being to harsh on said vendor is just reaching for excuses to back up your buddy vendor.

DRFTR8
06-10-2006, 09:21 AM

yes i know, do you? or are you basing it off ur buddy basemodelevo's info?

yeah i do know, and im not siding with anyone... and do you know that tam and bryan PMd me before they bounced about what happened.. or were you just reading off the thread that was deleted or what you put together... anyway why dont you just read this and stop crying over spilled milk, whats done is done and they walked... and garaged got what Jan felt was necessary.. Now the rules (http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,10728.0.html)

Stormtrooper
06-10-2006, 08:55 PM
wow... very lame, EVOLL said it very well, but bottomline is that we lost two of the largest, not to mention the most knowledgable contributors to norcalevo and things probably could have been handled better to avoid all this.

I hope the GOOD OF THE NORCALEVO community is being looked at here. I get enough BS about 'its nothing personal' and decisions based on 'business' at work. I come to norcalevo to get away from that to talk about what i love, and I can give a SH*T about a NEW vendor who comes and doesn't do enough research to answer a few questions from knowledgable members.

SpeedElement
06-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I know Bryan and I go back and forth sometimes on topics, but its discussions like that which keep things interesting. Too bad to see him leave.

Andy

drunk monkey
06-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I know Bryan and I go back and forth sometimes on topics, but its discussions like that which keep things interesting. Too bad to see him leave.

Andy

+1

while imho, sometimes it takes away from the subject, with tam and bryan being sarcastic while is funny at times,sometimes it just gets annoying, as they sometimes they portray themselves as evo kings. and i understand bryan gets blunt to the point. also people should should reread what they post as sometimes the post comes across something different from what the post intends.

If norcalevo wants to progess into a well know community with members contributing to each other, i think mods and admins need to step up and moderate the topics so they on track and stop some of the silly sarcastic remarks/dumb threads.

Carlo

JanSolo
06-11-2006, 09:16 AM
I don't believe this topic is about any two specific individuals and their conduct on NCE; rather, it is about a vendor who crossed the line. I'd still be pissed at the vendor regardless of whom he attacked or their behavior that the vendor attempted to use as a justification.

Jstockdale just didn't know when to slow down and stay with the pack. He ruined everything.

hagakure
06-11-2006, 10:53 AM
I'll miss Bryan and Tam on this board, and I'll probably be quite a bit less active myself. I'm finding that more and more I'm just checking to see if there is any usefu content in the motorsport section and moving on. This situation was sad, and avoidable.

methods4
06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
I haven't posted in about a month now and after seeing this, I'm not sure that will change. It was mishandled for sure. Sad.

At least Jan got to pull out the banstick. Although it really should be a permaban.

Matz
06-11-2006, 03:58 PM
I sense a mass exodus coming. That is bad news...

ek9_evo9
06-11-2006, 04:09 PM
holy crap! :shock:

I dont get on the inet for 2 days an bryan and tam are gone?

WTF?

I agree that Tam and Bryan are 2 of the most knowledgeable people on this forum. Its a shame that they both left on their own. I dont get it, a how does a vendor get mod status? Its like if they get a flame post they have the power to delete it? I want able to read the thread cause i guess it was removed.

Matz
06-11-2006, 04:54 PM
I dont get it, a how does a vendor get mod status?

That was a simple mistake, and those things happen. The main issue is what the vendor did with his special powers.

whtrice
06-11-2006, 05:06 PM
During the short time I have been using this forum I have enjoyed looking for Bryan and Tam's posts. Bryan a little rough around the edges at times but very knowledgable. Tam is always giving good honest posts and very knowledgable too. This Garaged vendor seemed to always be stepping on his air hose. Not seeing the thread in discussion I am sure Tam and Bryan were attempting to correct some form of injustice or inaccurate material that he presented.
I would vote for their return and the vendor can hike it.

crctslt
06-11-2006, 05:10 PM
I too would like to see the thread/posts in question.

evo_dadi
06-11-2006, 05:12 PM
things got handled the wrong way and left a bad taste on bryan and tam's mouth.only time can tell if they ever come back or things gets changed.

Hot8Evo
06-11-2006, 05:30 PM
this disccussion will not gonna end so, just delete it and everyone move on...

Or set up a meet and everyone talk to each other and will see who is the tough guy..

jl2
06-11-2006, 05:39 PM
holy crap! :shock:

I dont get on the inet for 2 days an bryan and tam are gone?

WTF?

I agree that Tam and Bryan are 2 of the most knowledgeable people on this forum. Its a shame that they both left on their own. I dont get it, a how does a vendor get mod status? Its like if they get a flame post they have the power to delete it? I want able to read the thread cause i guess it was removed.

+1
I will miss Tam and Bryan. Their honesty and directness was sometimes hard to take; but their knowledge was profound, and their advice sound. They knew their sh*t; and were not afraid to speak their mind. A refreshing personality trait if you ask me.
They could have used more people skills; but at the same time, I saw them 'evolve' and not be so hard on noobies and such. It would be a shame to let this exodus affect NCE.
We have lost 2 valuable members of our community. It is our loss.
We should examine more closely what caused this in hopes of preventing similar situations.

+1 I wish I could see the thread in question to be better informed.
Is there no way to retrieve it?

nebolic
06-11-2006, 09:40 PM
okay . . . I haven't been on the boards for a few days and yes it's somewhat of a loss for Bryan and Tam to leave the boards. Nobody's perfect and considering none of the moderators and admins here are paid, we do this all on our own free time, the board is being kept up pretty nicely with volunteer work. Tam should know best of all since he was once a moderator, it took one incident of an error (seriously you all know we are in the process of upgrading the software and somethings get missed) which apparently happened here, and oh know, they think the biggest injustice of the world happened and they leave . . . uhh sorry to say but that's a bitch move, how are they so high and mighty and so tough for the community if they quit and leave when something doesnt go there way. If they had a problem and wanted to do good for the community, all they simply had to do was email Jan or I and things could've been worked out, not that it hadn't because Jan already did his part and banned the offending parties.

And yes Bryan and Tam know their shit, but at the same time, their "internet persona" is sometimes out of control. I've let a lot of things slide for those guys when I should've said something and possibly banned their ass (for a short period of time) for the crap they say, but I've let them slide. Seriously, everyone here is an adult so if they had a problem, they should've dealt with it in an adult manner.

And about NCE looking out for the vendors, okay, until the new freaking software we are on was implemented, barely any of the GOD DAMN VENDORS were paying NCE, and if they were paying anything to NCE they were all going to SoCalEvo.net. I never saw shit over here and for me to hear people bash NCE and the people who are attempting to make the boards better, thats bullshit. So some of you think that NCE are all about the vendors and don't give a rats ass about it's members? You better eat your words if you think that, everything that has been done so far up to this point has been for the community. Oh are we forgetting the meets that we throw FOR THE COMMUNITY, the information we find is FOR THE COMMUNITY, the way we moderated this board was way too relaxed and it was catered FOR THE COMMUNITY. Everything was FOR THE COMMUNITY. Ever since I've been admin, everything that was done was FOR THE COMMUNITY. If you folks want to leave, I really don't care anymore, it's really your lost. And please, don't ever compare this site to Evom or BAIC or any other site, this site as it is, is nothing like any other Forum/club around.

And yes this is a public forum, that means you don't have to pay to access this board. Don't get jaded from the fact that public means you can apply the US bill of rights to the forums. You can only do that on government owned boards/property. Even though this is a public forum, the owner of the forum has every right to post/edit/delete or do whatever he god damn pleases when and wherever he wants to. There is no such thing as freedom of speech on a public forum owned by a private party. (By the way, I do not own or have any ownership part in this forum). If you don't agree with this, either read the encyclopedia or go back to high school and take a government studies class.

Just remember, there are other people on here that are knowledgable besides Tam and Bryan, and there are a lot of others who have put a ton of blood and sweat into making this forum work. If you can't see past all this and want to play high school games by picking sides and wanting to leave, hey i'm not going to stop you and I won't feel sorry one bit thinking "oh my god, we're going to lose revenue from the vendors because the members are leaving" because remember, I and any of the moderators and admins don't see a cent of anything and NorCalEvo.net is not run as a business, if it was, things would be a hellavu lot different.

Nebo
NorCalEvo Admin (until I get banned)

JanSolo
06-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Because I feel for the martyrs, Tam and Bryan, I am going now delete everyone's account so we can start anew.

Oh, and ez76 is also a martyr, though he deleted his account just to see if it was actually possible. NCE suicide is the hip thing to do. I feel like I'm watching Heathers.

GST
06-11-2006, 10:37 PM
This has been a somewhat entertaining read.

Seems to me people take this internet thing way too seriously sometimes.

Mike

L84AD8
06-11-2006, 11:24 PM
okay . . . I haven't been on the boards for a few days and yes it's somewhat of a loss for Bryan and Tam to leave the boards. Nobody's perfect and considering none of the moderators and admins here are paid, we do this all on our own free time, the board is being kept up pretty nicely with volunteer work. Tam should know best of all since he was once a moderator, it took one incident of an error (seriously you all know we are in the process of upgrading the software and somethings get missed) which apparently happened here, and oh know, they think the biggest injustice of the world happened and they leave . . . uhh sorry to say but that's a bitch move, how are they so high and mighty and so tough for the community if they quit and leave when something doesnt go there way. If they had a problem and wanted to do good for the community, all they simply had to do was email Jan or I and things could've been worked out, not that it hadn't because Jan already did his part and banned the offending parties.

And yes Bryan and Tam know their shit, but at the same time, their "internet persona" is sometimes out of control. I've let a lot of things slide for those guys when I should've said something and possibly banned their ass (for a short period of time) for the crap they say, but I've let them slide. Seriously, everyone here is an adult so if they had a problem, they should've dealt with it in an adult manner.

And about NCE looking out for the vendors, okay, until the new freaking software we are on was implemented, barely any of the GOD DAMN VENDORS were paying NCE, and if they were paying anything to NCE they were all going to SoCalEvo.net. I never saw shit over here and for me to hear people bash NCE and the people who are attempting to make the boards better, thats bullshit. So some of you think that NCE are all about the vendors and don't give a rats ass about it's members? You better eat your words if you think that, everything that has been done so far up to this point has been for the community. Oh are we forgetting the meets that we throw FOR THE COMMUNITY, the information we find is FOR THE COMMUNITY, the way we moderated this board was way too relaxed and it was catered FOR THE COMMUNITY. Everything was FOR THE COMMUNITY. Ever since I've been admin, everything that was done was FOR THE COMMUNITY. If you folks want to leave, I really don't care anymore, it's really your lost. And please, don't ever compare this site to Evom or BAIC or any other site, this site as it is, is nothing like any other Forum/club around.

And yes this is a public forum, that means you don't have to pay to access this board. Don't get jaded from the fact that public means you can apply the US bill of rights to the forums. You can only do that on government owned boards/property. Even though this is a public forum, the owner of the forum has every right to post/edit/delete or do whatever he god damn pleases when and wherever he wants to. There is no such thing as freedom of speech on a public forum owned by a private party. (By the way, I do not own or have any ownership part in this forum). If you don't agree with this, either read the encyclopedia or go back to high school and take a government studies class.

Just remember, there are other people on here that are knowledgable besides Tam and Bryan, and there are a lot of others who have put a ton of blood and sweat into making this forum work. If you can't see past all this and want to play high school games by picking sides and wanting to leave, hey i'm not going to stop you and I won't feel sorry one bit thinking "oh my god, we're going to lose revenue from the vendors because the members are leaving" because remember, I and any of the moderators and admins don't see a cent of anything and NorCalEvo.net is not run as a business, if it was, things would be a hellavu lot different.

Nebo

well said! :thumbsup:

JayP983
06-12-2006, 12:06 AM

Nebo

+1 well said Nebo

missred
06-12-2006, 12:30 AM

Nebo

+1 well said Nebo

+3 right on the money

drmosh
06-12-2006, 07:31 PM
This whole thread just proves there are people who use the internet and like to whine over service which they don't even pay for! Give me a break, don't like it go elsewhere, it's like changing the radio dial.

panem
06-12-2006, 08:04 PM
damn when did this s*** happen. bryan and tam are gone. god damn what happened here

Eclipse
06-12-2006, 08:16 PM
This whole thread just proves there are people who use the internet and like to whine over service which they don't even pay for! Give me a break, don't like it go elsewhere, it's like changing the radio dial.

That kind of attitude makes me glad that up to now you and coolguy have paid zero attention to this forum. Like it or not the members care more about this community than the owners. It's hard to walk from the community even when such disregard is given to individuals here by the management.

JanSolo
06-12-2006, 08:26 PM

And this is why his wife doesn't let him talk in public.

chrisw
06-12-2006, 08:40 PM

Nebo

+1 well said Nebo

+3 right on the money

+4 well said nebo.

Evo442
06-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Some thoughts:

FWIW, kudos to Jan who IMHO has done one hell of a job as an administrator. I was a little worried that he'd bail after he sold his evo, but I'm glad he has hung around. Its difficult as a leader to not take things personally and get defensive; Jan seems to avoid this pitfall well. I like that he's a straight shooter and calls 'em like he sees 'em. I also think that he is just (ie fair) in his decisions.

I hope that all the admin folks keep in mind that they set the tone for this board. It has been interesting to see how the different administrators of this board wield their power/authority. I was always taught that a leader (or administrator) needs to do it better and cleaner than everyone else and that a good leader leads by example, that they set the tone. Taking the attitude that Tam and Bryan chose to leave NCE so screw 'em is one way to look at it, but probably not the most constructive.

Its really too bad that things with tam/bryan/garaged perf turned out the way they did. It really turned out to be a lose/lose/lose/lose situation all the way around. Hopefully we'll do better next time.

just my 2 cents.

-david

ez76
06-12-2006, 11:34 PM

Least helpful comment of the thread. If you are covering your costs let alone profiting from sponsorship (here or on socalevo) then we are absolutely paying for this site. This site succeeds organically in spite of absentee ownership and you presume to perch here long enough to publicly write off some of your most interesting contributors - unbelievable.

Boostd4
06-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Wow, I guess I have been neglecting NCE. I'm not going to voice my opinion on the thread deleting issue because I never saw the posts...but I will say that Bryan and Tam's departure is definitely detremental to the community.

Hopefully they decide to come back.

lqdchkn
06-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Wow, I guess I have been neglecting NCE. I'm not going to voice my opinion on the thread deleting issue because I never saw the posts...but I will say that Bryan and Tam's departure is definitely detremental to the community.

Hopefully they decide to come back.

+1

drunk monkey
06-13-2006, 01:10 PM
determental? i don't think so. i bet there are others out there who are equal or better than them. they either dont post or not a part of this forum. someone will most likely fill the shoes for them.

Carlo

lqdchkn
06-13-2006, 01:21 PM
NE1 here still keep in touch with them? Are they on posting another forum?

dohcvtec
06-13-2006, 01:54 PM
bryan is an active member at www.stormfront.org

ek9_evo9
06-13-2006, 02:13 PM

:lol:

me too and im filipino :lol:

xxx4reggie
06-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Wait why are we fighting/arguing amongst each other?
The people that were involved have either gone or banned or deleted etc...

Let's move on, the more we read this, the worse it'll get.
We are still a Evo community and even though I dont have an evo yet, I want to enjoy meeting everyone and learning from everyone. If we keep arguing then this will lead to worse situations.

I come from alot of Honda forums.....that should say it all, lets not make this into one of those forums please! I left there for something better, hint hint here.
So everyone relax.

I think the vendor has learned his lesson, if anyone who is cool with the people who left, can bring them back, I know everyone will appriciate it.

Let's turn this into a lesson learned and not into you flame me, I'll flame you.

P.S. Nebo sold his Evo? WTF!! Why the hell did you do that!! (Time to ban you for a week for that :D )
See now this is something that needs to be flamed about :D, Get the Evo 9 man!! Sheeesh, I'm dieing to get an Evo and your here getting rid of it?

What's this world coming to!!

drmosh
06-13-2006, 02:56 PM

That kind of attitude makes me glad that up to now you and coolguy have paid zero attention to this forum. Like it or not the members care more about this community than the owners. It's hard to walk from the community even when such disregard is given to individuals here by the management.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a lot of you seem to be big crybabies... there's none of this issue on SoCal where everyone likes to cry all the time. What is it with some of you NorCal types?

I'm glad Jan is here to babysit you, I would rather not pay attention all the time, mostly because i have manboobs that I like to stare at in the mirror all day.

xxx4reggie
06-13-2006, 03:42 PM
mostly because i have manboobs that I like to stare at in the mirror all day.

lol
^ghey

dohcvtec
06-13-2006, 03:46 PM
I found Bryan and Tam selling themselves on craigs list. Here is their personal ad picture.

http://cisatbloggers.cisat.jmu.edu/teopacsm/photos/CareBear.jpg

KareBearPowa
06-13-2006, 03:50 PM

I take great offense to that link. Who would be a member of that filthy organzation. You should be banned for even putting that on this board of purity.

Espically since you put it in a thread that has over 1,000 views so far.

wilson1
06-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Humm, who could that be? :shock: :D

RgistRdShowoffIX
06-13-2006, 03:58 PM
lol

this is getting outta hand...

WTF is with those care bears??? x.x

xxx4reggie
06-13-2006, 04:36 PM
HEY!!
I used to watch carbears.....I really shouldnt have posted this.

neogenetik
06-13-2006, 04:53 PM
someone is back

Stormtrooper
06-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems a lot of you seem to be big crybabies... there's none of this issue on SoCal where everyone likes to cry all the time. What is it with some of you NorCal types?

I'm glad Jan is here to babysit you, I would rather not pay attention all the time, mostly because i have manboobs that I like to stare at in the mirror all day.

Before I was a member of NCE, I was on Socalevo and the communities are quite different.* Down there you guys have PLENTY of knowledgable contributors with PLENTY of good feedback and help.* The community up here is smaller and a lot tighter.* Losing 2 contributing members means more to us than to a larger group like SCE.

Hehe cool I wonder if Tam will be back soon.

neogenetik!* dude ej, i tried IMing you before, you still owe me $100 bucks from over a year ago man!!!! where ya been!?!?!?!

-Jeff

wilson1
06-13-2006, 05:34 PM
neogenetik! dude ej, i tried IMing you before, you still owe me $100 bucks from over a year ago man!!!! where ya been!?!?!?!

-Jeff

nebolic
06-13-2006, 05:48 PM
P.S. Nebo sold his Evo? WTF!! Why the hell did you do that!! (Time to ban you for a week for that :D )
See now this is something that needs to be flamed about :D, Get the Evo 9 man!! Sheeesh, I'm dieing to get an Evo and your here getting rid of it?

yeah i sold the Evo cause I was getting pissed off with the mods i had and it wasn't making the power of evo 9 with a catback boooooooo. I'm talking with some folks about getting me into an evo 9. should happen around october-november ish.

nebo :-)

mtsevovii
06-13-2006, 08:44 PM
wooo care bears for life! :lol:

Boostd4
06-13-2006, 09:00 PM
determental? i don't think so. i bet there are others out there who are equal or better than them. they either dont post or not a part of this forum. someone will most likely fill the shoes for them.

Carlo

Detremental...yes. As Jeff stated, this community seems to be tighter than the SoCal guys. I personally have benefitted from the info that both Bryan and Tam have contributed to our fair forum. Tam has provided a few great writeups on installs with very detailed pics and I've had several opportunities to pick Bryan's brain for info. I'm not positioning this as if they are dead or something (I'm sure they can be easily reached) but they both contributed a lot to our information database.

I'm sure NCE will be just fine without them...but having guys like Tam and Bryan definitely makes NCE a better place. This is purely my opinion, but I'm sure others will agree with me to a certain degree.

xxx4reggie
06-13-2006, 09:27 PM

yeah i sold the Evo cause I was getting pissed off with the mods i had and it wasn't making the power of evo 9 with a catback boooooooo. I'm talking with some folks about getting me into an evo 9. should happen around october-november ish.

nebo :-)

lol, everyone is complaining about that with the 9's

so why wait till that late? wont the 9's stop in aug?
planning on getting used or new

Matz
06-13-2006, 10:39 PM

If you are going to try to change the subject and go OT, please start a new thread. As drmosh has made painfully clear, us NCE guys are just a bunch of 30 year old crybabies, so at least let us bitch and moan in peace and hug our Care Bears to sleep.

wilson1
06-13-2006, 10:43 PM
but he's back, Dave!

xxx4reggie
06-13-2006, 11:02 PM

If you are going to try to change the subject and go OT, please start a new thread. As drmosh has made painfully clear, us NCE guys are just a bunch of 30 year old crybabies, so at least let us bitch and moan in peace and hug our Care Bears to sleep.

but he is back so why continue the "crying"
plus i was asking nebo the question, i didnt mean to go OT. Mainly just directed to Nebo.

KareBearPowa
06-13-2006, 11:32 PM

Yup I'm back, mainly just to make this list:

A. Nebo is a bitch for calling me a bitch. Talk about left field.

B. DRFTR8, you're a newbie mod and sleeping with vendors.

C. Drmosh, you talk about this site being all about the community, then you yada yada yada about some vendor stuff, you're poor, some other stuff, then you say everyone here are crybabies. All about the community eh?

D. Drmosh, you say you are glad Jan is here to babysit us. Guess what, he has been and was the only one supporting us and supporting me in this "problem". Let everyone know, you or some other admin changed his choice on the matter. You only pay attention when somebody doesn't do something you like?

E. All you DRFTR8 EmPeRoR Oh KNoEz DrFtr nut swingers can nibble on my scrotum. You know who you are.

F. Jan is great. I would like to get him drunk at a bar and talk him into banning all the current mods. Then the plushies would come out.

G. I never said I was smarter or knew more then anyone.

There, it's out. Some power mod can bitch to an admin and ban me or delete this post and nobody will see it. Whatever.

DRFTR8
06-13-2006, 11:44 PM

B. DRFTR8, you're a newbie mod and sleeping with vendors.

C. Drmosh, you talk about this site being all about the community, then you yada yada yada about some vendor stuff, you're poor, some other stuff, then you say everyone here are crybabies. All about the community eh?

D. Drmosh, you say you are glad Jan is here to babysit us. Guess what, he has been and was the only one supporting us and supporting me in this "problem". Let everyone know, you or some other admin changed his choice on the matter. You only pay attention when somebody doesn't do something you like?

E. All you DRFTR8 EmPeRoR Oh KNoEz DrFtr nut swingers can nibble on my scrotum. You know who you are.

F. Jan is great. I would like to get him drunk at a bar and talk him into banning all the current mods. Then the plushies would come out.

G. I never said I was smarter or knew more then anyone.

There, it's out. Some power mod can bitch to an admin and ban me or delete this post and nobody will see it. Whatever.

yeah the bitch came back just to bitch... why did you even come back? cant sleep, cant eat cuz its bothering you that i had more say than you.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

leif
06-13-2006, 11:45 PM
^ wow ur cool.

evo_dadi
06-13-2006, 11:46 PM
bwahahaha looks who's back :)

http://www.ernac.com/images/ill_be_back.jpg

so when did you and tam got together and took those carebears shot ;)

KareBearPowa
06-13-2006, 11:47 PM
cant sleep, cant eat cuz its bothering you that i had more say than you....

And what was that again? What did you do again? Power tripping much?

DRFTR8
06-13-2006, 11:59 PM
cant sleep, cant eat cuz its bothering you that i had more say than you....

And what was that again? What did you do again?

it just suck that you have to get jan drunk so you can have him get rid of me... sad that someone like me bothers you... guess thats what happens when you dont have a life... enough said

DRFTR8
06-14-2006, 12:00 AM
oh had to change your reply cuz it is bothering you..

KareBearPowa
06-14-2006, 12:05 AM
oh had to change your reply cuz it is bothering you..

Yea, I added this to it:

Power tripping much?

Why are you a mod again?

KareBearPowa
06-14-2006, 12:07 AM
sad that someone like me bothers you... guess thats what happens when you dont have a life... enough said

No I think you are a terrible mod and should be revoked of that for everyones benefit.

it just suck that you have to get jan drunk so you can have him get rid of me...

If you only knew...

DRFTR8
06-14-2006, 12:15 AM
why did you even come back so you can get that off your chest?

Matz
06-14-2006, 05:16 AM
plus i was asking nebo the question, i didnt mean to go OT. Mainly just directed to Nebo.

Sorry dude, that was only a joke. :lol:

BTW, for everyone here that's too annoyed and pissed off to realize that Bryan isn't back to "cry", why don't you read some of his other useful posts? Try to be a little fair, here. He's got 3 nice posts, and about 6 regarding the incident. Over time, you'll find that the latter type of posts will drop off and you'll get more self-tuning advice, which I think a lot of us here are interested in. How many others here have (or are interested in) ECU+ / ECUflash and have actually done anything with it, other than Bryan, Tam, Andy, and Kevin? Who here is willing or knowledgable enough to challenge vendors' information to make sure that what is said is backed up with real numbers?

Anyhow, I am not trying to keep this argument going, I just think it's important to be happy that a contributing member is back. Welcome back, Bryan, even though I really hate your new screen name and lame ass avatar. :lol:

Matz
06-14-2006, 05:27 AM
In general, I don't understand the point of making personal attacks on this forum when it should be about sharing info and promoting closeness within the community. If you don't like someone and think he's totally worthless here, IMO it's inappropriate to say something like "you're such a loser" or "you have no life"; if you actually know that the person sits in a dark room eating Cheetos and watching the Titanic DVD on continuous play, then that's a different story. If you respond with something like "why are you here, when the only things you've posted are pictures of your stuffed animal collection?", that's an appropriate, subjective statement.

DB8GSR
06-14-2006, 07:14 AM
damn... this thread gotten sour and stale. Dr. Phil would be more than happy to see you guys on his show!

ninja edit... I say BAN all '05 and '06 members. teehee.

JanSolo
06-14-2006, 07:50 AM
Now that everyone has vented, I'd like to close this thread and move on since it certainly isn't resolving anything.

It's awkward to say this, but thank you very much Evo442 for the props and feedback, although I disagree with the leader title because all I really do these days is perform thread handling responsiblities. Attempting to be fair and impartial throughout a situation like this is tough to do and it has taken me some time to learn how to take a step back. I've learned from all the mistakes I've made as both a moderator and admin on this site for the past couple years and am still constantly learning on what is "right" and "wrong" when dealing with such a large community of people, where everyone has an opinion.

Unfortunately, there is no handbook on how to be a good moderator or administrator for a website. To make matters worse, being a human means you are bound to be very emotional, take sides, try to cover your homies ass and the like. So while I may not agree with any of the parties involved, it is not my job to take sides, just to resolve situations and enforce rules. Being impartial is not the easiest thing to do (I'm still not there, myself) but it only takes touching the hot stove a couple times before one learns to stay away. DRFTR8 has learned a valuable lesson from all this and is now even more valuable to the site as a moderator.

Tam and Bryan broke no rules and should not suffer any consequences. GarageD (aka BaseModelEvo) did indeed break some rules and attempted to cover his tracks. For that, he earns a free banning for an undetermined amount of time. Our beloved Drmosh showed to the world why he is best left back in his cave, lest he brings out his club of banning, that features a +2 chance to offend. And everyone who was not involved in this received a free, mostly entertaining read.

With that said, let's move on and talk about which blow off valves are the loudest, which open air element robs the most torque but impresses the ladies, what rear sway bar increases your 1/4 mile trap speeds the most and why the cops suck for busting people for street racing even though no one has been killed - yet.

nebolic
06-14-2006, 10:13 AM

i think i said bitch move. but then again you're not alone, i call everyone a bitch :-) watching too much sex in the city.

why don't we just . . .

Let's hug it out bitch!!!! <------ what TV series.

:-)

nebo