PDA

View Full Version : whats your opinion on this clip?

chris
04-22-2004, 09:04 AM
http://lev.kcgeek.com/video/EvovsSRT4.wmv

i still can't believe this. doesn't seem lik the srt4 is slightly modded. :eek:

got this from evoforums.com

uhoh_evo
04-22-2004, 09:16 AM
i still can't believe this. doesn't seem lik the srt4 is slightly modded. :eek:
"slightly modded" as in not dragged out. :roll: seemed like a set up.
i think it may have also been the driver because on the 3rd run the evo took off pretty quick but the way the srt4 was picking up made it seem like the evo just stopped accelerating or something. i don't believe it either.
not only did the srt4 bribe him with gas money, but also enough money to blow the race.
can anyone tell what that little decal on the trunk of his car said above the lancer evolution badge?

blueskies
04-22-2004, 09:21 AM
i can't watch it. it's asking my for a password for that site. :(

chris
04-22-2004, 09:24 AM
wth that sucks?

vtluu
04-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Ah, street racing. My opinion is that both these idiots should be thrown in jail. :pissed:

nebolic
04-22-2004, 09:53 AM
i cant watch the clips cuz i'm at work and they disabled my broswer so that I can't watch videos (anyone know how I can get around it?) anyhow, if the SRT-4 beats the Evo in a straight drag race, I wont be surprised, the SRT-4 is a crazy beast, yeah most people dismiss it as a Neon, but still that Neon is putting down some mad power. If the Evo launched right, it'll take the SRT4 but if no launching, its buh bye Evo.

my opinion
Nebo

EvoVIII
04-22-2004, 11:10 AM
man, I will take that crappy SRT-4 anyday, I have beat E46 M3, S55(first 3 gear) and draw with WS6

blueskies
04-22-2004, 11:29 AM
i cant watch the clips cuz i'm at work and they disabled my broswer so that I can't watch videos (anyone know how I can get around it?) anyhow, if the SRT-4 beats the Evo in a straight drag race, I wont be surprised, the SRT-4 is a crazy beast, yeah most people dismiss it as a Neon, but still that Neon is putting down some mad power. If the Evo launched right, it'll take the SRT4 but if no launching, its buh bye Evo.

my opinion
Nebo

if they actually disabled the program then i don't know what to do. if windows media player opens up and doesn't work, then try inputting your proxy settings into the preferences. you could also try saving it to your computer. good luck, hope that helps.

kimmievo
04-22-2004, 11:48 AM
I think it was a set-up. I know everyone says it's not the car, it's the driver that wins the race, but that SRT-4 has to have some crazy mods in there to beat an Evo.

DB8GSR
04-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Old vid but that's what happens if you have a stock Evo running against a slightly modded SRT-4 which I think is stage1.

Raced a '04 blue SRT4 last night and I was the one that was walking all over him! :twisted:

warpspeed
04-22-2004, 12:53 PM
From what I see is that they take off and the the Evo jumps out in from then it just slows down meaning that he was scared to go all out.

chris
04-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Ah, street racing. My opinion is that both these idiots should be thrown in jail. :pissed:

umm ok? :eek:

vtluu
04-22-2004, 01:46 PM
umm ok? :eek:
You asked for my opinion, and I unhesitatingly gave it. :P

I think if you're going to illegally race an Evo vs. an SRT4, it should be in a touge. :lol:

MitsuMan
04-22-2004, 06:45 PM
I think it was a set-up. I know everyone says it's not the car, it's the driver that wins the race, but that SRT-4 has to have some crazy mods in there to beat an Evo.

this is not tru the srt is faster than you think you are driving four wheel you know

methods4
04-22-2004, 10:30 PM
It's not hard to believe that this SRT4 is killing the Evo. Accept it peeps! There *are* faster cars out there.

Stock Evo is not that fast from a roll. What do they trap in the 1/4 stock, 100mph? It doesn't take "crazy" mods to make an SRT4 trap well over 100mph. Actually I think it traps a 102 bone stock. Stock Evo only has an advantage if it's from a stop.

And yeah, streetracing doesn't actually prove who's faster. Reaction times, launch and an actual finish line may actually help determine who's faster. Only way to do that is to take it to the track. :wink:

BluEvo
04-23-2004, 12:19 AM
mopar backs up dodge with all it's racing parts. those srt-4's can easily be upgraded with power before leaving the dealership. it's okay tho. they don't posses the power of control that awd Evo's have.

"i not afraid of the big, bad wolf".....i've got a Little Blue Smurf on Steroids! lolz

SilverBullet
04-23-2004, 12:54 AM
Set up !!! I gotta see it in person to belive it...and be the driver !