PDA

View Full Version : JDM MR headlight install foglights after?

b0yw0nder
06-13-2006, 08:37 AM
just a quick question, if I was to pick up a set of JDM MR headlamps, could I install them and worry about the foglight hookup afterwards?

by afterwards, what I want to know is if I'm going to have to completely disassemble the front of the car again to hook them up. if that is the case, then I'll just wait until i get my foglight patch cable to buy and install them.

thanks as always.

dohcvtec
06-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Are you asking if you need the foglights hooked up in order for the headlights to function? Then the answer is no, headlights and blinkers will still work with the foglights unplugged. :P

b0yw0nder
06-13-2006, 09:19 AM
nope

that is a no brainer.

what i want to know, is can i hook up the foglight to the wiring harness without disassembling the front of the car as is required to install the lights.

Unowned
06-13-2006, 09:23 AM
nope

that is a no brainer.

what i want to know, is can i hook up the foglight to the wiring harness without disassembling the front of the car as is required to install the lights.

gotta take off the bumper

evo637
06-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Just take care of it now, so you dont waste anytime, because you will have to repeat the process when you decide to install the fog lights.

b0yw0nder
06-13-2006, 11:35 AM
unowned, thanks...thats what I wanted to know.

I guess that means anytime you have to change a bulb you gotta pull the bumper off?

twEeker
06-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah, you will have to take off the bumper. you might be able to change bulbs with it on if you got little hands, but even then it would be a pia. You have would definatly have to take off the bumper to hook up the foglights.

b0yw0nder
08-20-2007, 09:36 PM
anyone that looks at this thread, now that I have done this, I completely agree with these guys.....

do it all at once because unless you have mini-me hands, you aren't going to be connecting anything behind the headlights (or changing bulbs) without taking the front bumper completely off.

uhoh_evo
08-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Dammit! And all I need to change is my turn signal bulb. Well, this thread came up w/ perfect timing. Good to know!

esco
08-20-2007, 11:25 PM
anyone that looks at this thread, now that I have done this, I completely agree with these guys.....

do it all at once because unless you have mini-me hands, you aren't going to be connecting anything behind the headlights (or changing bulbs) without taking the front bumper completely off.

yup. front bumper off.