PDA

View Full Version : From Accord to Evo

xxx4reggie
06-14-2006, 10:45 AM
OK guys, here is my LONG story: (I havent got the Evo yet, just so you know)

I first got my Accord in April 26, 2002. I actually wanted a Prelude but my parents werent approving of it since they were helping me do a down on it, so we went with the Accord V6 EX Taffeta White Four Door.
I loved it of course, it had "loads of luxury" <--notice the quotes, now remember this is my official first car. I drove it and like it alot so hey we bought it. It came to 25 grand out the door.

So I start driving it and in about 3 months time get bored with the power so I get an intake (ebay). Loved the sound that it made after 3500 rpm. Nice throaty sound. Then I got some "rice" stuff for it, which lets not mention. I was "pimping" in my ride. I felt great, was fast enough to beat some cars and was enjoying everything.

Then I got exhaust's for it, man was that nice! Non of that lawn mower noise, this sounded like a car, since a V6 I think that's why it sounded better. I would say more towards a V6 stang, not that muscular but not like a civic either.
Well, FNF came out and man did I get F*ked then by the cops. Left and rigth I'd get pulled over. The intake and exhaust were killing me in fix it's and smog's. So I bought the AEM V2 intake, expensive!!, and man that was the best choise yet!! The sound doubled if not trippled compared to the ebay crap. So that fixed my intake problem but the exhaust was still there. I felt it on for a bit.

So I did more rice things to it :( and then FNF 2 came out, now I had matured. Now I started taking all that rice shit out and only working on the engine. The only visual thing you can see from the outside of my car is that it's lowered....and the stupid holes on my trunk :(

I spend at least 5 grand on my engine alone and man it was so freaking sweet. I had CL Type S cams, that made an incredible difference after VTEC kicked in, it felt as if my front tires would loose grip everytime. I added headers to it, wow!! and then added a Helix TB spacer. Next came custom made ground wires, battery relocated to the trunk so that I can add an oil catch can. Then added the Unichip and wow. When I used the 91 mapping :D it felt like I was driving a CL Type S. Incredile power gained!! But that wasnt enough of course.
I then added the Tranny cooler because it my tranny started to die out. I also added a thermal block spacer to cool the engine more. Those few things made a huge difference on the car. Felt much better.
So finally my tranny dies, not because of my driving but beacuse for the accord's the trany sucks!! I get that replaced by bitching alot, since the mods I have voided the warranty on basically everything. So I'm now thinking of getting a s/c on this and also replacing the lower block with a cl-s, I find the deals and was ready to pay for it when what do we have here.......The Evo shows itself!

God I fell in love, I mean I know about them of course but to actually see, touch and sit in one....WOW!! I immediately started parting out my accord so that I could sell it but by now things are so cheap that no one wanted to buy the accord :( The only thing I could sell was the unichip. Everything else is still in the car but it just doesnt feel like the accord that it once was. It's now just an accord.

So now I'm just driving it regular, no races, no drags, no mods. Just work and home. I'm saving to buy the Evo 9 before that stops. I just regret buying the accord. They money I spent on it and it can only beat a CL Type S :( How sad. With that much money I coulda been able to beat vette's and other, at least have 320whp and have on of the meanest car out there.

Well live and learn.
I'll be getting my Evo soon, until then I'll just drool at everyone elses.

ek9_evo9
06-14-2006, 10:50 AM
when?

did you get a deal from SRM?

evo8dustu
06-14-2006, 11:33 AM
just get a used evo8. seen alot for cheap lately

xxx4reggie
06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
ek9_evo9
Nah no deal yet. They are set on a price and its 1700 more then SC Mitsu. That's alot of money so I might be going down to LA to get it.

evo8dustu
lol I could get a used one, but Evo 9 got the powa!! lol Plus I want the 9 more. :D I'm a powa greedy whore

ek9_evo9
06-14-2006, 11:45 AM
ek9_evo9
Nah no deal yet. They are set on a price and its 1700 more then SC Mitsu. That's alot of money so I might be going down to LA to get it.

evo8dustu
lol I could get a used one, but Evo 9 got the powa!! lol Plus I want the 9 more. :D I'm a powa greedy whore

trade the accord in at scm....

MarkSAE
06-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah, if you're gonna get an evo, get the one you want. *Don't settle!

evo8dustu
06-14-2006, 11:49 AM
yeah evo9 has more power and looks beter, but if i could afford a used evo 8 now and not have to wait months for a evo9, i would just get a evo8 now and when i got the money, mod it to be faster and better then a 9. just my .02 i have no patience lol
btw howmuch power did ur accord put down?

xxx4reggie
06-14-2006, 12:58 PM
yeah evo9 has more power and looks beter, but if i could afford a used evo 8 now and not have to wait months for a evo9, i would just get a evo8 now and when i got the money, mod it to be faster and better then a 9. just my .02 i have no patience lol
btw howmuch power did ur accord put down?

I never dynoed it, problem was that everywhere I called they wanted 100 for 3 runs and then would talk smack about the accord so I was like F it, I dont need them.

Well I could beat the TL-s and the CL-s so I know I had at least 260BHP :D
but that was it :(
Now here is the funny part, If I spent a total of 16 grand on the engine and tranny alot THEN I would be in the high 12's. How sad honda's are. (I say this because someone has actually done it and I give him mad props plus he is a cool guy)

trade the accord in at scm....

I was gonna trade the accord in but i wasnt offered the amount I wanted by car max which is bull. Plus I owe 8 grand on it still, shit I coulda paid it off by now.

Yeah, if you're gonna get an evo, get the one you want.* Don't settle!

Evo 9 DROOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

ZK
06-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Really, no need to talk about how you want an Evo. Just let us know when you get one.

You've started a bunch of threads about you wanting an Evo, test driving an Evo, looking for an Evo, how you have an Accord and want an Evo... etc. I think we get the point.

bdking57
06-14-2006, 02:06 PM
There are a bunch of used evo 9s in seaside

evo_dadi
06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
There are a bunch of used evo 9s in seaside

what!! used evo9's??

1of1000MR
06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Really, no need to talk about how you want an Evo. Just let us know when you get one.

You've started a bunch of threads about you wanting an Evo, test driving an Evo, looking for an Evo, how you have an Accord and want an Evo... etc. I think we get the point.

Thats some funny shit

xxx4reggie
06-14-2006, 03:22 PM

yea i know i know, I keep saying it and when I do, I'll let you guys know.
lol, you sure you get the point man cuz you know I havent PMed you yet :lol:

hopefully I get it soon but we'll see how long.
bdking57 - used evo 9? No man!! I want only new ones.

turbotiger
06-14-2006, 03:27 PM
I never dynoed it, problem was that everywhere I called they wanted 100 for 3 runs and then would talk smack about the accord so I was like F it, I dont need them.

What? Somebody talking smack about a Honda Accord automatic? Nah, can't be.
:D
Auto trannies usually never last long when the engine is modified.

xxx4reggie
06-14-2006, 04:21 PM

What? Somebody talking smack about a Honda Accord automatic? Nah, can't be.
:D
Auto trannies usually never last long when the engine is modified.

Werd
especially when it's honda, broke pos.

but then my question is how the hell do those supra TT's with auto handle it man :(

dohcvtec
06-14-2006, 09:02 PM

haha, +1

L84AD8
06-14-2006, 09:07 PM

haha, +1

:lol:

ek9_evo9
06-23-2006, 07:36 AM

haha, +1

updates? did you get one yet :shock:

xxx4reggie
06-23-2006, 08:20 AM
lol, not yet. Right now I have to buy things for my GF, cuz her B Day is next month, just great!!
There goes my cha chaing :(

ek9_evo9
06-23-2006, 08:30 AM
lol, not yet. Right now I have to buy things for my GF, cuz her B Day is next month, just great!!
There goes my cha chaing :(

yah i read the post in evom....im just hoping you knew what they were talking about when they say "pearl necklace" :?

get the car! tell your girl your going to being her to dinner in it that will solve the problem :lol:

xxx4reggie
06-23-2006, 08:38 AM
lol, I told her about dinner, movies, and all that and me get the car. I never heard the end of it.
"You have money to buy spend on that car but you cant buy me anything on my birthday?? (She said it in a sad way not a mad way.) I feel sorry for her now, cuz it's true. I've spend more money on my honda then I have on her so I have to make up for it. today and tommorow and after that I'll be going jelewry shopping.....How gay is that.

You know my solution to all this was get her drunk and bang her. BAM!! done deal but she already knew it, DAM!

ek9_evo9
06-23-2006, 08:44 AM
lol, I told her about dinner, movies, and all that and me get the car. I never heard the end of it.
"You have money to buy spend on that car but you cant buy me anything on my birthday?? (She said it in a sad way not a mad way.) I feel sorry for her now, cuz it's true. I've spend more money on my honda then I have on her so I have to make up for it. today and tommorow and after that I'll be going jelewry shopping.....How gay is that.

You know my solution to all this was get her drunk and bang her. BAM!! done deal but she already knew it, DAM!

dude, if thats the case then sorry to say she needs to be a little less materialistic. "you have money to spend on a car that will make you happy instead on stuff that will make me happy"

:?

there has to be some compromise between the 2.

dohcvtec
06-23-2006, 10:16 AM
No kidding. My fiance knows I spend like 100x on the cars than what I do on her. Thank god she has her own well paying job. lol

xxx4reggie
06-23-2006, 10:59 AM
I know, but you guys gatta remember, I'm a cheap biotch when it comes to anything else BUT the car, and that includes my GF :(
I'm glad she still with me. So I have to do something for her, know what I mean.

Women....always make men feel guilty just someway!!

ek9_evo9
06-23-2006, 11:17 AM
its because you let them make you feel guilty.

how long have you been with her?

xxx4reggie
06-23-2006, 11:23 AM
this is my 3rd year.
Kinda thinking she's the one. At time's a pain in the ass but i'm thinking she's the one :)

lol what am I saying, think engines, turbo's, psssssssssssssssss goes the bov

RgistRdShowoffIX
06-23-2006, 11:37 AM
hmm...Reggie i'm trying really hard to think of something to say that's encouraging but nothing's coming to mind. "Good luck with the girl" is all i have. lol ;p

My gf's a car fan too so I got luck in that regard. Thing is she's into uhmm....Higher end cars.... Lexus price range and up actually....

Elise is her favorite. @.@ /sigh win some lose some..... I got an expensive one. lol

xxx4reggie
06-23-2006, 11:50 AM
hmm...Reggie i'm trying really hard to think of something to say that's encouraging but nothing's coming to mind. "Good luck with the girl" is all i have. lol ;p

My gf's a car fan too so I got luck in that regard. Thing is she's into uhmm....Higher end cars.... Lexus price range and up actually....

Elise is her favorite. @.@ /sigh win some lose some..... I got an expensive one. lol

lol
same with mine man, mercedes and bmw's.
I'm like riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!

But she is cool with me doing things to the car, she's quiet about it but I know that she wants me to spend some time and money on her, after a while you just know and that's when it's scary!!

ek9_evo9
06-23-2006, 12:13 PM

lol

But she is cool with me doing things to the car, she's quiet about it but I know that she wants me to spend some time and money on her, after a while you just know and that's when it's scary!!

i told my wife, bmw and mercedes are pretty much status symbols, who cares?? if i won the lotto, you'd bet your ass id have a garage warehouse of all the evos and the entire honda type r lineup :wink:

in any case if she is the one...like i said again...she has to understand that you getting this car is going to make you happy. and some sacrafices have to be made, i mean seriously??? jewelry??? for what? my wife loves getting jewelry but she hardly wear the little bastids

xxx4reggie
06-23-2006, 01:13 PM

lol

i told my wife, bmw and mercedes are pretty much status symbols, who cares?? if i won the lotto, you'd bet your ass id have a garage warehouse of all the evos and the entire honda type r lineup :wink:

in any case if she is the one...like i said again...she has to understand that you getting this car is going to make you happy. and some sacrafices have to be made, i mean seriously??? jewelry??? for what? my wife loves getting jewelry but she hardly wear the little bastids

+1 on everything you said.
Lotto equals all Honda R's, Evo 9, Skyline, and the italians and Germans :D

and seriously, how many time do women actually wear jewely? Sheesh, what's it for? Now us on the other hand, we get things that we use everyday :)

drunk monkey
06-23-2006, 01:20 PM
this is my 3rd year.
Kinda thinking she's the one. At time's a pain in the ass but i'm thinking she's the one :)

3yrs? honestly i would wait some more before thinking she is the one. i waited close to 6 years before we considered getting married. we even had a kid before we got married. marriage is a big thing. i would try to live with each other before getting married too at least you know what that person is like 24/7, and know what you getting into.

Carlo.

ek9_evo9
06-23-2006, 01:48 PM
this is my 3rd year.

3yrs? honestly i would wait some more before thinking she is the one. i waited close to 6 years before we considered getting married. we even had a kid before we got married. marriage is a big thing. i would try to live with each other before getting married too at least you know what that person is like 24/7, and know what you getting into.

Carlo.

smart man carlos is....damn i got married to my wife when we just started living togethern and you will find out that you 2 have nothing in common with each other because the first 2 years are going to be ruff getting used to each other, seeing each other all the time ewtc...

hmmm not sure bout skylines, or italians or watever, although i wouldnt mind getting myself an aston martin for daily driving :wink:

RgistRdShowoffIX
06-23-2006, 03:17 PM
lol i'm living with my gf for a month. This is gonna be weird.

we've been going out for 4 months. @.@

ek9_evo9
06-23-2006, 03:19 PM
kicked out??

RgistRdShowoffIX
06-23-2006, 04:00 PM
who got kicked out?? o.o

xxx4reggie
06-23-2006, 05:09 PM
this is my 3rd year.

Carlo.

although i wouldnt mind getting myself an aston martin for daily driving :wink:

Do I hear a DB9 or a Vanquish.
God I love those cars. The styling and that ass on that DROOOL!!

:)

wait, this is an Evo forum :lol:

xxx4reggie
06-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh as for she is the one, I know it's only 3 years. I'm not getting married now, F that man. Not ready to commit to that. We'll see how it goes.

RgistRdShowoffIX
06-30-2006, 11:40 PM
lol It's been one week living with my gf and I find myself looking for excuses to drive alone. ;p

hahaha I still love her very much tho. =P

evo9rs
12-23-2006, 03:57 AM
I use to own a 1990 Honda Accord. Spend a lot of money on it . I'm a fabricator in a sheet metal shop, so I fab up so metal for my stereo, my amps and cross overs. Rolled up some metal to create a one of a kind bazookas. The bass echoed and traveled deep. Was gonna tub it. Man it was nice, baby it for five years. Gave it to a family member and in 30 days messed it up. MAN That's sad. Won't mension his name.

--anonimuz
12-23-2006, 08:23 AM
wow this is from long time ago.. did he get the evo yet? LOL :D

06IXMR
12-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Lol I got one! :D

Don't settle for less, just wait a while

evo9rs
12-25-2006, 11:32 PM
no, and this was just last year

RgistRdShowoffIX
12-26-2006, 01:39 AM
lol it's not new years yet. ;) this was just this summer. haha

xxx4reggie
06-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Guess who finally got the Evo LOL
:)
Evo IX EB SSL :D
Whats funny is that, everytime I get stressed out at work or just need a smile on my face, I go for a drive and by the time I get back, voila! Biggest smile you ever did see :)

latest update: just installed a VG on it w/ S2K Antenna. Looks gorgeous!!!

Pure EvoIX
06-02-2007, 06:23 PM
You finally got it. Congratulations!

lncrevoviii
06-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Congrats on the Evo.

And noice choice on the awesome titlicious color. 8)

Post some pics of the new bride and that dirty red hoe. I mean the Evo and the Viper. ;)

xxx4reggie
06-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Pix are posted on my myspace: http://myspace.com/xxx4reggie, go to the my pics section to view all of it.

it's just a little bit cuz I'm too lazy to post it all :D

lol, the new bribe and dirty hoe, I like that, hahaha

lncrevoviii
06-04-2007, 11:30 AM
damn I couldn't see the pics cuz I don't have a myspace account anymore.

But if I do make one in the near future I wanna know where did you get that Ryu wallpaper from. That looks sick dawg.

mynameizstitch
06-05-2007, 05:30 PM
congrats on the purchase :grin:

5230EVO
10-17-2007, 10:31 PM
nice EB...thatz a great jump