PDA

View Full Version : Turbo to manifold pipe

FLATCH
06-20-2006, 08:21 AM
I just put on a blitz induction cover this weekend. and around noon on sat, the hose or pipe goin from my turbo to the manifold just came off. Resulting in everytime i gave the car gas it would shoot out black smoke and start to die. So ive now put it back on about 3 times and it just keeps coming off. Any suggestions or ideas?

BaseModelEvo
06-20-2006, 09:32 AM
There isn't a pipe that goes from turbo to manifold. It goes from intake to turbo inlet. Turbo outlet to passenger side of the front mount, from driverside outlet of FMIC to intake manifold. You loosened something, cause the pipe I think you're referring to isn't even a pressurized pipe, it's just the turbo inlet. Can you take a pic of what's falling off?

P.S. you realize the induction cover murdered your "cold air" draw from the front bumper, right?

FLATCH
06-20-2006, 09:37 AM
I dont have a camera right now at work. but its right below the windshield. its the tube then that connects to the manifold. its got a big hose clamp you can tighten.

And about the cold air.... as soon as it started coming off i put the stock set up right back on.... and its still doin it

MarkSAE
06-20-2006, 09:46 AM
I think he's talking about the upper intercooler hose that connects to the throttle body. Best way to fix that problem is to get better clamps. Although the stock one should be good enough to hold it in place for a short while. Are you using a screwdriver to put those hoses on? You should definitely use a 10mm wrench on it. Just don't go to tight or you'll break the hose clamp.

FLATCH
06-20-2006, 09:54 AM
i was using a screw driver, so i'll try it with a wrench. hopefully that's all it takes. thanks!

ek9_evo9
06-20-2006, 09:55 AM
I dont have a camera right now at work. but its right below the windshield. its the tube then that connects to the manifold. its got a big hose clamp you can tighten.

And about the cold air.... as soon as it started coming off i put the stock set up right back on.... and its still doin it

yah bro you loosened a clamp....still trying to figure out why since you just installed an induction cover?????

FLATCH
06-20-2006, 10:16 AM
yea i know!!! i mean the induction cover was so simple too,i wasnt anywhere near that hose. haha i was pissed!... until i saw it was just the clamp! but it happens whenever i even kinda step on it. so hopefully the wrench will do the trick and if not... im lazy enough to take it to planet mitsu! haha

ek9_evo9
06-20-2006, 10:45 AM
yea i know!!! i mean the induction cover was so simple too,i wasnt anywhere near that hose. haha i was pissed!... until i saw it was just the clamp! but it happens whenever i even kinda step on it. so hopefully the wrench will do the trick and if not... im lazy enough to take it to planet mitsu! haha

plant mitsu guys are jackasses, i went in there to see dates and time the parts store was open, they guy told me they were closed on the weekend and didnt even answer my question. he then proceeded to try to get me to trade my 9 in for an MR. took me about 5 seconds to tell him he was a jackass for even trying to sell me something when i didnt care about anything but the parts store.

ek9_evo9
06-21-2006, 07:36 AM
updates???

did you get it fixed?

FLATCH
06-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Yea.... I used a socket wrench when i got home yesterday. And sure enough after smashing through the gears a few times, it stayed connected! gracias! BUt do u think since it never happened before the induction cover and i never touched that part of the engine, that blitz is responsable?

ek9_evo9
06-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Yea.... I used a socket wrench when i got home yesterday. And sure enough after smashing through the gears a few times, it stayed connected! gracias! BUt do u think since it never happened before the induction cover and i never touched that part of the engine, that blitz is responsable?

nope possibly when you were putting on the cover it might have lossened a clamp?? not likely but probable.

someone with more tech experience here might know

MarkSAE
06-21-2006, 09:06 AM
The two are not related if you didn't touch those clamps during your install. It's probably just a coincidence.

FLATCH
06-21-2006, 10:08 AM
OK well thanks alot for your guys help, when my car started shooting smoke and hella dieing i just about crapped myself, and im sure u guys know the feeling of relief that ur car's ok! thanks again