PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath of Xflash to Stock Tune

nebolic
04-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Just to update you guys.

My car is fine now. Shiv flashed my car back to stock and put the boost hoses back to the way it was stock. So XFlash is removed from my Evo. The only thing out of the ordinary is that there was no boost pill in the boost hose(?) I'm still pondering on where the boost pill went, but for now the answer is it just disintergrated. Cool beans.

Also took my car to be checked for ping/knocking by some good folks and couldn't find a thing. It's running like it supposed too. I also did some tests myself, doing 3rd, 4th, 5th gear redline pulls and nada, not a ping/knock.

So my car is back to normal. I won't get into a details of everything that occured but the jist of it is that my car is back to stock and everything is running strong.

Case closed.
Nebo

BluEvo
04-23-2004, 10:19 PM
good to hear everything is kosher bro. so what now.........a P2! :wink: lolz

JanSolo
04-23-2004, 10:28 PM
I think he is gonna get a Motec.

nebolic
04-23-2004, 10:35 PM
haha nah maybe a boost control to keep it at 25psi... then I can call it nebo ECU flash 2.5 Mofo

Nebo

SouthernCrane
04-23-2004, 10:50 PM
i'm first in line for nebo ECU flash 2.5 Mofo :)

BluEvo
04-23-2004, 11:13 PM
i'm first in line for nebo ECU flash 2.5 Mofo :)
:thumbsup:

brwnrice
04-24-2004, 12:28 AM
glad to hear everything was resolved "peacefully"

warpspeed
04-24-2004, 04:13 AM
I wonder by not having that "pill" in the line will damage anything in the long run? :? I mean, Mitsu. put it there for a purpose and now since you are back to stock by not having it will it do anything?

DB8GSR
04-24-2004, 01:32 PM
nebo.. look behind you.. an SRT-4 coming up quick! :twisted:

ytsejam
04-24-2004, 03:55 PM
glad to hear that your car is running fine again, nebo

thomas
04-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Just to update you guys.

My car is fine now. Shiv flashed my car back to stock and put the boost hoses back to the way it was stock. So XFlash is removed from my Evo. The only thing out of the ordinary is that there was no boost pill in the boost hose(?) I'm still pondering on where the boost pill went, but for now the answer is it just disintergrated. Cool beans.

Also took my car to be checked for ping/knocking by some good folks and couldn't find a thing. It's running like it supposed too. I also did some tests myself, doing 3rd, 4th, 5th gear redline pulls and nada, not a ping/knock.

So my car is back to normal. I won't get into a details of everything that occured but the jist of it is that my car is back to stock and everything is running strong.

Case closed.
Nebo

cool mang, i wanted to post on your other thread, but the admin (ahem, jan) locked it :roll: j/k.

good sh!t fool!o...we need to meet up soon. havent been out with my evo for awhile now. sitting in the garage collecting dust...needs some fresh kills, er, air... :twisted:

we need to get the sacto group together and mob on some fools! haha.

good to hear youre good to go...

piece.

robi
04-25-2004, 02:29 AM
yet another satisfied customer.

ez76
04-25-2004, 10:58 AM
yet another satisfied customer.

robi can you post close-up pics of your blown-up motor from OTC?

robi
04-25-2004, 03:41 PM
# 4 hole pistod melted at the hot corner...(right rear) this happend at 18 lbs boost with 118 fuel...the damage was done at T-hill ay 22 lbs boost and the same fuel and was the price I paid for using a really fast driver (unfamilier with EVOS) but forgetting to tell him about the fuel pick-up problems an EVO has at less than 1/4 tank. Loan me any evo including a totally stock one and I'll hand you a slagged motor within 5 laps given the same conditions... fuel leanout due to fuel pick-up problems are a detonation graveyard for the evo...ANY EVO. But thanks for your concern and support of the truth.

ez76
04-25-2004, 03:57 PM
robi, what kind of A:F ratios?

robi
04-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Logged perfect 11.8 /1 till 6 seperate lean events ranging from 15/1 to 16.5 to 1 the car survived this prefectly..but the alu on the electrodes told the story...hurt and bleeding not dead but getting there. my driver then went 7 laps at sears point not the 5 he needed for a score...and the rest is a saga worthy of benchracing sessions till I die! HAH. Let me be clear here My team would have placed 2nd but for Snorre and San Rafael Mitsubishi. I swear I'm buying my next Mitsu there and I live in Southern Cal! You guy don't know how lucky you have it!!! Support the man. I had an EGT and a light but because we were still sorting the aero and the ABS problems the install was at the bottom of the list...(hindsight is so clear as to what was inmportant when!)

Shiv@Vishnu
05-11-2004, 08:50 AM
The only thing out of the ordinary is that there was no boost pill in the boost hose(?) I'm still pondering on where the boost pill went, but for now the answer is it just disintergrated.

It's unlikely that a metal pill would disintergrate. I'm guessing that someone removed it.

shiv