PDA

View Full Version : empty turnout at the track

megatron
04-23-2004, 11:42 PM
okay so i was back at the track, Infineon, last wednesday as usual. what happened to the evo/suby meet??? total of two evo's including mine. one sti. all the other wrx's thought there would be swarms of evo's too. tsk tsk
results... i hit a new best, though very disappointing for me since i just got my p2 flash. 13.1
black sti with license plate EVO KILA, fukin rich high school kid was running 13.0 flat. cmon folks we need to make our mark at the track!

JanSolo
04-24-2004, 12:11 AM
It's all about the launch. One of the guys from NY Evo Club got a 12.9 with a stock Evo.

evotomig
04-24-2004, 01:57 AM
okay so i was back at the track, Infineon, last wednesday as usual. what happened to the evo/suby meet??? total of two evo's including mine. one sti. all the other wrx's thought there would be swarms of evo's too. tsk tsk
results... i hit a new best, though very disappointing for me since i just got my p2 flash. 13.1
black sti with license plate EVO KILA, fukin rich high school kid was running 13.0 flat. cmon folks we need to make our mark at the track!
Sorry I couldn't show up. Had to work.
Don't worry about EVO KILA, I kicked hiss ass a few weeks ago when I ran my 12.4.

Show up to Grudgenight May 8. Should be fun

AlwayzEVOlving
04-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Nice time Megatron....why are you dissapointed? What did you expect to run? What was your 60ft? Trap speed? I am going to try to get out there in a couple weeks. Anybody else interested?

BluEvo
04-25-2004, 09:24 PM
megatron, thats a cool time. practice some good launches and u should break past the 13's. good luck, and whoop sti a$$! :thumbsup:

megatron
04-26-2004, 12:18 AM
the reason i was disappointed was because i ran a 13.2 with just intake/exhaust... and now a 13.1 with downpipe and p2 reflash. my 60 ft was 1.826 with trap of 102.26. i think i need a stronger/new clutch. i dont think its my launch thats the problem, it may be my stock clutch wearing out.
evotomig u ran a 12.4? what do you have.

BluEvo
04-26-2004, 12:39 AM
the reason i was disappointed was because i ran a 13.2 with just intake/exhaust... and now a 13.1 with downpipe and p2 reflash. my 60 ft was 1.826 with trap of 102.26. i think i need a stronger/new clutch. i dont think its my launch thats the problem, it may be my stock clutch wearing out.
wow, ok i feel ya on that one. only knocked off a tenth of a second with some expensive (and what should be noticeable) upgrades. how many passes have you ran on that stock clutch??

evotomig
04-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Mods:3" custom turboback, HKS cams,camgears and Xede/Xedeflash. Tuned on dyno by Shiv.

Your 60ft. is decent. Your trapspeed should be in the 105-107 range w/ the mods you have. Might be the clutch. Did you use pumpgas or racegas?? Tuning is also important, not just throwing parts together.

My 0.2 cents

EvoVIII
04-26-2004, 10:12 AM
i seen EVO KILA black STI last night, he should be asian from Hong kong coz I saw him @ Milptias Ranch99

EvoVIII
04-26-2004, 10:13 AM
oh and by the way , it took him 4 times to park his car right LOL, what a newbie, I wonder how he could be a Evo Killa

nebolic
04-26-2004, 10:35 AM
call him out man, i wanna see what kinda Evo Killa he's got. Dayam I'll even drive down to the Bay if he wants to front. sheesh kids these days.

BluEvo
04-26-2004, 11:38 AM
if you are going to have a plate that reads _____KLLR, you better have the shiet to back it up."

it's gonna take better runs than 13.0 to be an EVO KLLR, as evotomig throws down his whoop ass skillz on the tracks with some killer times. :thumbsup:

evotomig
04-26-2004, 10:08 PM
if you are going to have a plate that reads _____KLLR, you better have the shiet to back it up."

it's gonna take better runs than 13.0 to be an EVO KLLR, as evotomig throws down his whoop ass skillz on the tracks with some killer times. :thumbsup:

He's supposed to be at the Shootout at Sac. on May 8...

Poor bastard :twisted:

megatron
04-27-2004, 07:03 PM
ive ran my car PLENTY of times.. had the car since december, i go to the track about every other week, and ocassional weekend illegals. its taken a beating.

evotomig- ive already gotten a reflash so i dont see the need to tune the car. damn i bet those cams would definitely put me up there in low 12 second land

evotomig
04-28-2004, 12:32 AM
evotomig- ive already gotten a reflash so i dont see the need to tune the car. damn i bet those cams would definitely put me up there in low 12 second land

Was the reflash specific to your car?? Done on a dyno? If not, then it's just a guess since each car is different. It's not bad, but you're not getting all you could out of your car. Strickly, IMO.

Cams and camgears make quite a difference. :)

MitsuMan
04-28-2004, 08:34 AM
thank you evotomig tell him to get his ass to shiv's and see what he really puts down. when i went there to tune my girlfiends rex he dynoed my car for free just to enlighten me about how well "Works" works

nebolic
04-28-2004, 08:50 AM
lets not forget Shiv also has off the shelf Xflash maps too. I guess its just a matter of opinion on which tuner you would prefer to go with. And every tuner has his/her problems. If Shiv can show how well "WORKS" works I can also show how well "VISHNU" works. But it's best not to get into that.

Nebo

evotomig
04-28-2004, 06:04 PM
lets not forget Shiv also has off the shelf Xflash maps too. I guess its just a matter of opinion on which tuner you would prefer to go with. And every tuner has his/her problems. If Shiv can show how well "WORKS" works I can also show how well "VISHNU" works. But it's best not to get into that.

Nebo

Vishnu works very well, thanks. :D

To each his own.