PDA

View Full Version : perrin mbc

DeaDenD
06-23-2006, 04:01 PM
anybody out there running a perrin mbc?
if so what would i need to put it in and where is a good location to connect?
thanks

pictures would help.

PANGES
06-23-2006, 05:30 PM
just disconnect the hose from the wastegate acutator to the solinoid, then disconenct the hose from the turbo to the solinoid and put the MBC in where the solinoid used to go... use new hoses though.

DeaDenD
06-24-2006, 03:29 AM
got it! just need to get a new hoses. thanks!

BaseModelEvo
06-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Return it and don't blow up your Evo. Just a thought.

DeaDenD
06-25-2006, 02:27 AM
thanks for the heads up.
but does anybody have a pictue of the perrin mbc installed. just to make sure that im putting it in right.
thanks!

PANGES
06-25-2006, 02:37 AM
where are you located? Maybe I can help you install it.

Matz
06-25-2006, 05:36 AM
here's all the info you'll ever need:

hand drawing of MBC installation:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=113293&highlight=mbc+install
high quality silicone hoses:
http://www.boostcontroller.com

You'll likely want to get two hose diameters. I only bought one the first time and had to really stretch the hoses to get them onto the tees. Here's my parts list from boostcontroller.com:

1. Vac Cap Pack #VC-P1
2. T-Fitting #TF-1
Size - 1/4 in.
3. Silicone Hose - 6 MM #AS-6T
Select Color - Black
4. Silicone Hose - 4 MM #AS-4T
Select Color - Black
5. T-Fitting #TF-1
Size - 5/32

Double-check the installation of the MBC by making sure that boost isn't capped at 1bar, which is the wastegate pressure.

DeaDenD
06-25-2006, 07:02 PM
thanks for all the help. let me see what i can do, if i have any problems ill post. im pretty sure i got it. i hope :?

Matz
06-25-2006, 10:10 PM
thanks for all the help. let me see what i can do, if i have any problems ill post. im pretty sure i got it. i hope :?

The only thing that could possibly go wrong is that you put the hoses on backwards, but if you do, it'll be obvious and an easy fix. Just remember to leave enough slack, just in case.

ek9_evo9
06-27-2006, 08:04 AM

????

as long as he doesnt go over excessive on the boost he should be fine, although use caution when you tune your boost :wink:

Matz
06-27-2006, 10:19 AM

????

as long as he doesnt go over excessive on the boost he should be fine, although use caution when you tune your boost :wink:

Unless BaseModelEvo knows of a problem with the Perrin MBCs. I've heard of sticking issues with the MBC I have from Forge... (I think it was a sticking issue that would allow overboosting)

DeaDenD
07-08-2006, 03:36 PM
ok! i finally put in the the perrin mbc hope that it will fix my boost problems. but what happens. IM STILL BOOST'IN* .80 - .86! (readings for Blitz TT w/ digital Boost Gauge) WTF!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
new hoses
all ends clamped down
man i not sure whats going on.