PDA

View Full Version : installed BOV, worried about responsiveness

ek9_evo9
06-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Okay for those of you who have helped me before regarding a leaking BOV, i figured out the problem, the allen/thumb screws that attached the intake pipe to the diverter (part that has the gasket was not tightened all the way :lol:

installed and doesnt whistle anymore on boost.

now before i get flamed for changing out my stock 9 bov, i installed the greddy type rs because i was bored over the weekend* 8)

now problem is the car seems to respond better when i shift from boost, however from reading in this forum an after market diverter valve shouldnt do anything for performance.* Between shifts, there is a slight surge upwards in rpms, im not talking about 500 -1000, its more like 100 and it lasts for half a second.*

now im wondering if i tuned it wrong and its not soft enough...can somebody shed some light on this before i destroy or break something??

TIA

*edit, i used to have a blitz induction cover went back to stock intake box cover, but when i had the induction cover, there seemed to be a slight flutter

ek9_evo9
06-29-2006, 09:38 AM
bump :?

EvoRicer
06-29-2006, 02:12 PM
So you're saying the RPMs spike up 100 rpms after you have released the gas and clutch in to shift?

ek9_evo9
06-29-2006, 02:33 PM
So you're saying the RPMs spike up 100 rpms after you have released the gas and clutch in to shift?

yes, im thinking it stays in boost but i probably have it too hard that its not releasing anything...:?

PANGES
07-03-2006, 03:46 PM
My car does that too. Do you have a boost gauge? Because when my car does that, my RPM's raise 100-200 rpm, but my boost drops... I have a stock bov still btw. I dont think your greddy RS is causing that.

KareBearPowa
07-03-2006, 03:49 PM
BOV is too tight and the air in the intake tract isn't getting released soon enough.

EvoRicer
07-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Same thing on my IX. I don't think it's the BOV since Panges has the Stock one and it still does it...I would say it's normal maybe...if more IX's can chime in it would help. My BOV is set pretty soft right now too.

ek9_evo9
07-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Same thing on my IX. I don't think it's the BOV since Panges has the Stock one and it still does it...I would say it's normal maybe...if more IX's can chime in it would help. My BOV is set pretty soft right now too.

yah i softened my settings now it seems that intermittingly i lose rpms when i take off on first, thinking of taking everything off and putting it back to stock before i break something :lol:

o6evors
07-28-2006, 06:27 PM
I also experienced the same problems I have a IX and I installed GReddy Type-S and it seemed when I was just crusing and I were to let off the throttle / decel my car would surge/stumble. It was getting really annoying I noticed it most going up hill, but if I was driving fast I didn't have a problem, but I noticed that throttle response wasn't as crisp. It could of been just me though, wouldn't be the first time. Hope this helps a little and when you find a solution I would like to hear as I miss my BOV sound :-( :-( :-( I did hear that if you have a SAFC, it has a Decel correction feature. I do have a SAFC to install so if and when I get around to installing it I will update you all.

ek9_evo9
07-31-2006, 07:30 AM
I also experienced the same problems I have a IX and I installed GReddy Type-S and it seemed when I was just crusing and I were to let off the throttle / decel my car would surge/stumble. It was getting really annoying I noticed it most going up hill, but if I was driving fast I didn't have a problem, but I noticed that throttle response wasn't as crisp. It could of been just me though, wouldn't be the first time. Hope this helps a little and when you find a solution I would like to hear as I miss my BOV sound :-( :-( :-( I did hear that if you have a SAFC, it has a Decel correction feature. I do have a SAFC to install so if and when I get around to installing it I will update you all.

im back to stock, no problems anymore.

PANGES
08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
glad you got it running fine again :)