PDA

View Full Version : Looking to try out a Cat Delete. *Bay Area Folks*

Boostd4
06-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Ok, so I've been kicking around the idea of trying out a catless setup. I'm curious to see how much going catless would raise not only my power...but the noise level. I'm running the RSR Exmag GTII which is pretty loud with my Helix HF cat.

Would anyone be willing to let me borrow a cat delete for a week or so to give it a shot? There would definitely be a beer or two in it for the generous donor :D.

Liquid-R1
06-29-2006, 03:51 PM
I had a test pipe on my Megan and switched to the Helix HFC. It toned it down some. The biggest difference it made was in the smell. Got rid of it sitting at the stoplight.

I think you like around 10hp?

Lurk
06-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Why not just buy one? They're cheap. You'll be happier in the end going catless anyways.

lncrevoviii
06-29-2006, 05:08 PM
haha, +1 with Lurk. I was a little confused about to keep it or not to keep it. But man when it went on the car, i didn't regret it. Ofcourse, the smell is noticable and you can't help it, so on time you get used to it.

chris
06-29-2006, 06:20 PM
i have the full catless setup. RSR catless dp, and RSR GTII. with my cams in you can definately hear it loud and clear... getting on it with this setup is like a AMAZING one of a kind sound, but it is really loud.

to clear things up exmag and GTII is different type of exhaust. RSR EXMAG is the cop friendly one while the GTII is the jdm style exhaust.

nightwalker
06-29-2006, 11:48 PM
fireballs!

Matz
06-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Don't get caught without the cat. Go with the evo grim trick and weld on some heat shields.

MAB1025
06-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Don't get caught without the cat. Go with the evo grim trick and weld on some heat shields.

where can one buy heatshields?

dohcvtec
06-30-2006, 09:46 AM
Go with the evo grim trick and weld on some heat shields.

Which I now own thanks to Evo Grim. :) I'll probably throw it on later today, definately looks like a stock cat from the outside, haha

Boostd4
06-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Why not just buy one? They're cheap. You'll be happier in the end going catless anyways.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...but I'd hate to waste even $100 if it turns out that the sound difference is too much of a negative for the 10 or so HP I'll be gaining.

Boostd4
06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
to clear things up exmag and GTII is different type of exhaust. RSR EXMAG is the cop friendly one while the GTII is the jdm style exhaust.

Well, ExMag really stands for "Exhaust Magic"...which is basically their line of pipes. Exmag is just in the title of the GTII as well.

spoolin
06-30-2006, 11:33 PM
hell i'll give u mine for free. Its taking up space in my garage. Its a megan racing. Please take it off my hands. Got it off ebay for about 50 bucks and i used it for about 1500 miles. Works fine. My loss your gain.

Boostd4
07-01-2006, 12:14 AM
hell i'll give u mine for free. Its taking up space in my garage. Its a megan racing. Please take it off my hands. Got it off ebay for about 50 bucks and i used it for about 1500 miles. Works fine. My loss your gain.

Very generous of you.* I'd be happy with just a test run...but if you really want to just get rid of it, I'll take it off your hands.* Thanks for the offer!

UCB
07-06-2006, 06:18 PM
why not get a resonated cat delete?

TTP on evom sells em for 85 shipped

got any links to the stealth cat-delete install with the shields that evo grim does?

Matz
07-06-2006, 06:42 PM

Good question... PM EVO GRIM and then let the rest of us know. :)

lncrevoviii
07-06-2006, 06:54 PM
So, whats the update on the Cat Delete BOOSTD4? got it installed yet? Like the sound/power/smell :p??

MAB1025
07-06-2006, 06:57 PM

Good question... PM EVO GRIM and then let the rest of us know. :)

I went to a muffler shop and asked them for the heatshields off of an old or broken cat. It cost me $30 bucks for the heatshields and for them to weld it on. They won't install the test pipe for you though, you'll have to do it on your own.

redvolution
07-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone for getting me a free ride on BART today.

UCB
07-17-2006, 10:23 AM
??

Boostd4
07-17-2006, 11:00 AM
So, whats the update on the Cat Delete BOOSTD4? got it installed yet? Like the sound/power/smell :p??

Haven't had a chance to get in touch with spoolin' yet... but I'll let you know what happens when I get it bolted in.

lncrevoviii
07-17-2006, 05:27 PM

Haven't had a chance to get in touch with spoolin' yet... but I'll let you know what happens when I get it bolted in.

10-4

spoolin
07-21-2006, 12:20 PM
sorry for going MIA on you Boostd4, i've had a pretty chaotic summer so far. But yeah its still in my garage waiting for you to pick it up free of charge if you'd like. I have a pretty flexible schedule so just let me know.

Boostd4
07-24-2006, 03:47 PM
sorry for going MIA on you Boostd4, i've had a pretty chaotic summer so far. But yeah its still in my garage waiting for you to pick it up free of charge if you'd like. I have a pretty flexible schedule so just let me know.

Hey Elliot, no worries man. I've been busy as hell too. Just left you a VM. Just give me a shout and I'll swing by after work sometime.