Speed Element Custom intake

Supertech valvetrain
Cosworth headstuds
Cosworth M2 Camshafts
Speed Element 5 bolt cam gears
Hallman manual boost control
Waboro 255 fuel pump

HKS DLI
PTE injectors (of unknown flow, also incidentally are maxxed out!)
Undisclosed efi system

Stock Block, Stock head, Stock Tranny, Stock clutch
91 cali octane

Speed Element custom tuned on the Gruppe-S dyno.

Target hp on pump gas is 400 whp, but due to injector sizing we were unable to meet our benchmark. From my previous experience with this turbo and the 4g63 I believe this is attainable with the correct injectors and more dyno time.

I'll be running my car in the configuration at the Norcal EVO meet at thunderhill with a mix of 100 octane, and it will be tons of fun!

The car is racecar fast now, and I can finally say I'm satisfied with my acceleration. New injectors, alky, and racegas tune coming next. Let's see how far my stock motor can go.

Stormtrooper
07-01-2006, 10:04 PM
wow nice power andy!

KareBearPowa
07-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Nice power but GT35R laaaaaagggggyyy. ;)

So you're spinning that thing to 8k now eh?

EFIxMR
07-02-2006, 12:11 AM
yea, I'm a crazy fucker :)

KareBearPowa
07-02-2006, 12:13 AM
You're probably pushing some serious PSI on 91 too eh? Either way that thing should be fast when it's in the power band. Nice power on the mustang.

EFIxMR
07-02-2006, 12:32 AM
I am getting a bit of boost creep it is 1.5 bar about 5500 rpm 1.7 by redline. Hence why the low tq relative to hp.

I'm putting an electronic boost control on it soon. And porting the wastegate hole on the manifold to get the boost under control, under the advice of a friend who runs the same setup.

This boost creep on the 35R isn't uncommon as this is my third experience with it. I tuned 2 GT35R setups in Hawaii that exhibited the same problem. One was a FR and one was an AMS.

1.7 seems like big boost on 91 and it is, but a steady 25 psi is what I intend on running on pump. That is what AMS recommends to their customers, and the two cars I tuned in Hawaii a couple months ago are having zero problems.

EVO GRIM
07-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Damm, Wilson was tellin me a bout the ride he got. Cant wait to see the 100 #'s. NIce work Andy!

MR JayR
07-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Nice Andy!* Let me know when you can take me for a spin!

ez76
07-06-2006, 12:10 AM
you thinking about rod bolts?

SpeedElement
07-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Took my car to Thunderhill today and only got one session. The premade oil feed line failed and started leaking where the ss hose inserts to the fitting.

Overall the car is too much for me to drive on the track, too fast on WOT and too slow on partial throttle. Back to the drawing board for me.

Also, looking to keep my engine stock, so no rod bolts. Also, I think if anyone were to go to the trouble of disassembling their motor might as well throw pistons and rods in there.

crctslt
07-09-2006, 10:24 PM
maybe a 9 or 3071?

SpeedElement
07-10-2006, 10:35 PM
I switched the 35R for a custom spec turbo that uses a 30R turbine. I will try and get some dyno numbers soon, but my initial feedback is that the car still pulls very hard, but is a lot more responsive

EVO GRIM
07-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Keep us updated. What rpm did you reach 20 psi with the 35r?

EFIxMR
07-11-2006, 01:40 PM
it made 1.5 bar at 5500 rpm in 3rd gear on the gruppe-s dyno.

MitsuMan
07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Took my car to Thunderhill today and only got one session. The premade oil feed line failed and started leaking where the ss hose inserts to the fitting.

Overall the car is too much for me to drive on the track, too fast on WOT and too slow on partial throttle. Back to the drawing board for me.

Also, looking to keep my engine stock, so no rod bolts. Also, I think if anyone were to go to the trouble of disassembling their motor might as well throw pistons and rods in there.

I hope you took it there on a trailer! a cop would have a field day if he pulled you over