PDA

View Full Version : Apex'i WS Noir catback installed on IX.

rigd1
07-02-2006, 07:52 PM
One word : Quiet.

Install took under an hour. No fitment issues at all. On the midpipe, there will be the o2 bung. Bolt size is a M18 x 1.5 pitch aka an oil drain plug from your local parts store. Thanks to RIGD's Silver VIII for the plug and help on install.

Performance: It's a tad more responsive. Power transition in between gears is smooth. Did I mention that it is quiet ????! Once I make the 5ft. 7in. cat delete pipe for this exhaust, it should give it a little more bark.

Overall look: Nice and stealthy. Doesn't stick out. It won't attract attention at all, unless you're a knowledgable Evo person and know what type of exhaust it is.

Thanks to Speed Element in Fremont. Hope to do business with yall in the near future.......aka I need a downpipe.

mtsevovii
07-02-2006, 08:02 PM
wow, looks nice. clean evo, de-winged and everything. 8)

its even more stealth than my rs*r

rigd1
07-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Thx!
I take the wing off every once in awhile. It's not permanent, YET.

SpeedElement
07-02-2006, 08:40 PM
car looks great!

Macky
07-02-2006, 09:17 PM
i have the regular WS2. yes those exhausts are so quiet ;)

BigEd925
07-02-2006, 10:51 PM
hmmm im thinking about that exhaust on my IX. where do you live? would you mind if I swing by for a sound test??

ed

SpeedElement
07-02-2006, 11:00 PM
if you want to see how it sounds we have it on our shop car, and you are welcome to come and check it out. Thanks!

jeffreywrc
07-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Nice choice, I have NOIR on my car too, no cops harassment anymore.

TSi_2_EVO
07-03-2006, 01:32 AM
sounded like it still had the stock exhaust on...maybe i should swap hmmmm...

PANGES
07-03-2006, 09:25 AM
i've been thinking about it for a while too.... Maybe I should get one too...

Devin@SpeedElement
07-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Cool ryan...hope you enjoy the exhaust and the tail lights.... let me know when you need the flange to make the race pipe... :)

Also... any of you guys interested on the noir exhaust... i got it on my car with a 3" downpipe and testpipe... and is quiet.. come by the shop anytime to check it out.

Thanks
Devin

PANGES
07-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Devin,

Are you guys open on Saturdays?

EFIxMR
07-03-2006, 11:25 AM
we are open on saturday from 11 to 3

rigd1
07-03-2006, 06:59 PM
hmmm im thinking about that exhaust on my IX. where do you live? would you mind if I swing by for a sound test??

ed

I'm in Suisun. I do drive to Concord alot though, so pm me and we can set something up one day or just drive out to Speed Element and hear it on the shop car.

This is the most quiet aftermarket exhaust I've ever owned. I had a N1 on my 90 GSX then changed it to a thermal. Then, on my 91 GVR4, I had a homemade 3ft shorty exhaust with a turn down tip under the car.

I've been doing alittle driving today and I can already tell that it is alittle more faster than stock. And it's only catback, right now. I can't wait for downpipe!

Thanks for all the feedback. Any other questions or comments...just reply. 8)

-Ryan(rigd1)

dohcvtec
07-04-2006, 03:36 PM

ed

Ed,
If you want you can hear it on my car tomorrow night when we meet up for the caravan. You'll also get to hear it at full song at the track. :)

BigEd925
07-04-2006, 03:40 PM

ed

Ed,
If you want you can hear it on my car tomorrow night when we meet up for the caravan. You'll also get to hear it at full song at the track. :)

you mean you will hear my stock exhaust as I pass you on the main straight...hehe :)