PDA

View Full Version : Tein Suspension....

EvoVIII
04-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Does anyone have a set of Tein Flex installed on their car? if you do can you tell me how's the ride quality? more bumpier or more smoother? feel better then stock? thx

wilson1
04-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Hey EvoVlll,

The Tein Flex is stiffer than stock, and more bumpy .
However, if you get the EDFC , then you can vary the dampening on it and then it is very smooth.

If you do get it, i would suggest going to Works and have them configure the springrates for your type of driving as the stock Tein Flex is very stiff.

Btw, you are close to me, and we can arrange sometime to try it out in my evo.

EvoVIII
04-28-2004, 10:10 PM
oh really? thankx in advance, so If i get the EDFC and have it adjust to the softest setting, will it still be bumpier then stock?

wilson1
04-28-2004, 10:12 PM
It will be slightly bumpier.

ZENTRAEDIevo
04-29-2004, 09:15 AM
i have the FLEX with the EDFC on my car.. slightly stiffer than stock but not much.. the ride is a little harder but still not by much.. if your looking for a good street suspension with the adjustability the FLEX will be a good choice... if your going more for a street/road race setup i would look into the new HKS RS coilovers...

Thanks.

Robbie
DSport Magazine

EvoVIII
04-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Hey EvoVlll,

The Tein Flex is stiffer than stock, and more bumpy .
However, if you get the EDFC , then you can vary the dampening on it and then it is very smooth.

If you do get it, i would suggest going to Works and have them configure the springrates for your type of driving as the stock Tein Flex is very stiff.

Btw, you are close to me, and we can arrange sometime to try it out in my evo.
hey where do u live wilson? can i come by and check it out? that will help alot for me to determine if I want to buy it or not, thanks

methods4
05-02-2004, 03:14 PM
I have the TEIN Flex w/EDFC on my car. On the street I just drive around on full soft. To me it actually feels a little less jarring than the stock suspension unless you go over larger bumps. I also did not go with the spring rates that came with the kit. I'm running softer springs.

The EDFC is nice because I can run full soft on the street for daily driving and then just crank up the stiffness by the push of a button when I am at the track.

My TEINs and alignment were dialed in by John Mueller at RRE. We went with softer springs and JIC bumpstops. He is the man when it comes to suspension setups.

EvoVIII
05-02-2004, 05:27 PM
well..... how much was the total? where did u get the softer spring at?

methods4
05-03-2004, 12:03 AM
well..... how much was the total? where did u get the softer spring at?

Total price? Well I bought the suspension from a friend. As for the suspension setup, alignment and parts from RRE, that was an additional $450. $300 for Mueller to set everything up. This included suspension adjustment, alignment, installation and corner weighting. The extra $150 was for the softer springs and better bumpstops, both from JIC.

This is not something that he will normally do unless you've bought the suspension setup from them. They are hardcore JIC guys and don't even sell TEIN. I've been a customer of theirs for a long time now so he made an exception. I highly recommend their JIC suspension setup. These guys know their stuff.

TylerO@WORKS
05-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Don't forget to check out the ZEALS.

Superior handling than stock or the Teins. Ride quality better than stock!

http://www.worksrally.com/products/225700.html

BluEvo
05-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Don't forget to check out the ZEALS.

Superior handling than stock or the Teins. Ride quality better than stock!

http://www.worksrally.com/products/225700.html
the Zeals are siiick!

EvoVIII
05-03-2004, 05:55 PM
okay.... whats the different between stage 1 stage 2? so tyler you comfirm that the Tein ride quality isn't as good as stock right? thanks

300kpa
05-03-2004, 10:00 PM
I also did not go with the spring rates that came with the kit. I'm running softer springs.

So Methods4, what spring rate are you now running? I want to see how much softer you are running compare to the original Tein Flex.

methods4
05-06-2004, 10:19 AM
So Methods4, what spring rate are you now running? I want to see how much softer you are running compare to the original Tein Flex.

300kpa
05-06-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm running 7k in the front and 8k in the rear.

Seems like you didn't change the rear spring rate, but the front is lowered for 2kg. I assume it will give the car better balance with less understeering... and better ride