PDA

View Full Version : Some mods to keep my warrenty going

player67
07-06-2006, 02:30 AM
Aright guys, I just got a IX. I got the mod bug so bad that I needta do some stuff but I want to keep my warranty as long as possible. I want to do a drop in filter and a catback and maybe a reflash. Any suggestions? K&N or works? I want a bov but I heard that kills the warranty...any suggestions on valves that'll keep my warranty and make some noise (the stock is to quiet). Thanks in adv. I heard that reflash will get me 70hp????

Matz
07-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Aright guys, I just got a IX. I got the mod bug so bad that I needta do some stuff but I want to keep my warranty as long as possible. I want to do a drop in filter and a catback and maybe a reflash. Any suggestions? K&N or works? I want a bov but I heard that kills the warranty...any suggestions on valves that'll keep my warranty and make some noise (the stock is to quiet). Thanks in adv. I heard that reflash will get me 70hp????

Stick with a drop in filter, and it'll give you a little bit of the whoosh sound that you're looking for, but nothing real loud. You can add an HFC because it's easy to swap the stock cat back in if you need to bring the Evo in for service.

I don't have an IX so I don't know about 70HP with a flash, but I don't recall hearing numbers like that. I could be wrong, though. You have several options... I would personally go with WORKS, but you could also try Vishnu or Dynoflash. However, with all of the bad things I've heard about Dynoflash, I would avoid Al like the plague. Plus, the guy acts like a complete turd on the forums.

evo_dadi
07-06-2006, 07:45 AM
stay with the stock bov,you already have a good one ;) hell a turboback and a tune would be fun already since you have a 9.and i heard you gotta keep an eye on your muffler bearings also once you start modding :) not sure about 70hp gain but 30-40 might be more realistic.

coco
07-06-2006, 07:52 AM
maybe 70 crank HP and like 30-40 whp

If you want more noise from the BOV get the APS or GFB BOV, they dont make your car faster but it does not effect the idling. It might void your warranty, though they are easy to put back to stock.

Unowned
07-06-2006, 08:25 AM
modding and warrenty don't go hand in hand with mitsubishi... warrenty is useless mod to your heart's content

evo_dadi
07-06-2006, 09:18 AM
warrenty is useless mod to your heart's content

+1 hell yeah :)

MR_06
07-06-2006, 05:00 PM
i asked this question myself a couple months back..

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,10398.0.html

somewhat answered my questions and somewhat not.. but basically to some it up... "if your willing to mod... get ready to pay out of pocket for service if you dont know what your doing" if your not ready to pay for service... dont mod.. as tempting as it is... but good luck..

player67
07-06-2006, 06:50 PM
well, I want to hold onto the warranty as much as possible, because Imm going to spit on it and go high hp later. They said a catback will keep the waaranty.

MR_06
07-06-2006, 07:03 PM
TBE & drop in filter for sure... flash will if they dont have to send it in to get serviced... n most i heard flash could do for a IX was "50 HP" quoted from Oliver @ WORKS

EvoRicer
07-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Not hating on Works but in no way is their IX flash gonna net you 50 hp...

MR_06
07-06-2006, 07:08 PM
that im not sure.. but thats what i heard from them.. that its more reliable then speedelement.. but thats their word against speedelement.. better asking who has IX's w/ works, vishnu etc..

GroundHog
07-06-2006, 11:00 PM
i asked the parts and service manager at the new owner orientation about which mods will and wont void my warranty. (this was in march). he said "basically, dont touch the engine."

i asked him about exhaust, he said "i wouldnt void a warranty over exhaust. hell, i thats the first thing i would to any car i buy."

asked about suspension, he said "i wouldnt void a warranty over suspensions modifications unless you are trying to get a control arm replaced, or something like that. but as far as powertrain goes, those mods are ok."

so what will void the warranty, i asked. he said "anything that alters the factory operating parameters of the engine."

with that i answer, i asked whether or not any flash can be replaced with the stock program in case i need to take it to the dealer for repairs and then have the flash reloaded. i only got an answer back from works, and they said they would do it. the more i read, the more i am pleased with what i see about works.

player67
07-08-2006, 02:16 PM
I just noticed that Vishnu Installation shop is down the street from me..seriously. Camino Tassajara. THATS NUTS, no wonder Evos are always wild n out around here. But I did check out their stuff on their website. Is the v380 for real? The XFlash ECU that gets you 380hp for 750 bucks? It also comes with the boost solenoid emulator. Whats the deal with that, is it safe? stock internals? 'cause if it is I'd def do that considering the shop is down the street and thats easy sleeper hp

EFIxMR
07-08-2006, 03:08 PM
that im not sure.. but thats what i heard from them.. that its more reliable then speedelement.. but thats their word against speedelement.. better asking who has IX's w/ works, vishnu etc..

Not sure how our name got into this conversation, but we do own an EVO 9, and our preliminary results with our reflash on the EIP mustang dyno are 291 wtq, 288 whp. We didnt have enough time to finish our tune session, but our target hp range is 300 tq 300 whp without additional mods.

That is with a Turboback exhaust, manual boost controller, and drop in HKS filter.

KareBearPowa
07-08-2006, 03:23 PM
I would personally go with WORKS, but you could also try Vishnu or Dynoflash. However, with all of the bad things I've heard about Dynoflash, I would avoid Al like the plague. Plus, the guy acts like a complete turd on the forums.

If you saw the WORKS maps, you might think differently.

GroundHog
07-08-2006, 05:25 PM
do explain

whtrice
07-08-2006, 09:04 PM
How does one "see" the WORKS maps..

I would personally go with WORKS, but you could also try Vishnu or Dynoflash. However, with all of the bad things I've heard about Dynoflash, I would avoid Al like the plague. Plus, the guy acts like a complete turd on the forums.

evo_dadi
07-08-2006, 09:26 PM
ecuflash software on a laptop plugged in to the obd port ;)

whtrice
07-08-2006, 09:36 PM
I thought ecuflash could not read the Ecutek flashes that WORKS has the license for.

ecuflash software on a laptop plugged in to the obd port ;)

evo_dadi
07-08-2006, 09:50 PM
ecutek is another software that they use to reflash if the cutomers prefers it.i believe the software they use mainly is techtom based.

whtrice
07-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Interesting..Thanks!

ecutek is another software that they use to reflash if the cutomers prefers it.i believe the software they use mainly is techtom based.

GroundHog
07-08-2006, 11:34 PM
for those who dont have a laptop w/ all the goodies.........whats wrong - scratch that - 'not optimal' with their maps?

BMan
07-09-2006, 04:57 PM
If you only want a little louder and maintain your warranty you can get a Works Stealth Muffler.
http://www.worksevo.com/store/images/stealthWORKS.JPG

Matz
07-09-2006, 05:13 PM

Hmm... maybe, but I've never seen their maps before.