PDA

View Full Version : LSD or Coilovers? Help!

Tri-Bar
04-28-2004, 08:03 AM
I have on the car right now Falken Sports, Tanabe GF210's, Works 24mm adjustable rear sway bar, A modified front sway bar W/poly bushings. The car has a lot of grip. (1.05g on a G-tech for what thats worth) I have now really started to enjoy this car, I have out turned other cars that have coilovers on them. So now I am not sure what to do. Start tuning a new coilover setup or install a LDS unit. Could use help with this one. If the car did not work so well, I would have said Coilovers with out a doubt but now I can't do that.

ez76
04-28-2004, 08:36 AM
If you're happy with the cornering already, I think an LSD will give you corner exiting power traction that no coilover set-up could.

So my vote is for the LSD!

halz
04-29-2004, 04:53 PM
You should really only consider the numbers from the G-Tech as a comparison to other readings the same G-Tech has produced

AlwayzEVOlving
04-29-2004, 08:45 PM
just a question.....who sells an front LSD for the EVO? I wonder if the trans assm from a MR would fit.....hmmmmmm 6spd and LSD, wouldn't that be nice!

Tri-Bar
04-29-2004, 09:04 PM
http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=evo&cat=driveline&prodid=880

AlwayzEVOlving
04-29-2004, 10:04 PM
:crazyeyes: Hey THANKS tri-bar....I appreciate the link! :mrgreen:
Are you running that diff?

Tri-Bar
04-29-2004, 10:07 PM
I don't thimk I will install the Diff yet. I am going to install a set of Zeal coilovers first.

JanSolo
04-29-2004, 10:08 PM
I don't thimk I will install the Diff yet. I am going to install a set of Zeal coilovers first.

Good choice. ;)

Tri-Bar
04-29-2004, 10:24 PM
JanSolo,
You've had yours on for a day or so. how are the spring rates working out for you. Are they the 8k front and rear?

AlwayzEVOlving
04-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Jan, Did you get your Zeal's from WORKS?

JanSolo
04-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Here we go.

Love the Zeals. Spring rates are not super harsh and in fact, feel absolutely great. I can't disclose the spring rates or else I would get a serious beating.

Yes, I did get my Zeals from WORKS. They have spent a long time tuning the Zeals and I think they got the spring rates, etc., just right.

I personally feel the best way for people to decide is take a drive and feel them for yourself. Sure, it isn't a track we would be driving on, but I would bet your Evo spends more time driving on city streets than tracks.

Black_EVO
04-30-2004, 12:18 AM
just a question.....who sells an front LSD for the EVO? I wonder if the trans assm from a MR would fit.....hmmmmmm 6spd and LSD, wouldn't that be nice!

I read that the 6 speed wasn't all that. Not as durable as the 5spd. I have 6 on My SVT focus and it's great for fwy diving, but not much else. t realy depend on the ratios. I vote for durrabilty 8)

AlwayzEVOlving
04-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Interesting Black_EVO. I do agree 6 spds may have slightly closer ratios but essentially 5th AND 6th are just two overdrives.

thanks for the info Jan! Will you be offering rides at the May22 meet?

JanSolo
05-01-2004, 02:04 AM

Definitely. I gave out some tonight at the Imports Cafe meet.

Black_EVO
05-01-2004, 03:07 AM

Definitely. I gave out some tonight at the Imports Cafe meet.

Awsome ride. Smoother than stock suspension but no body roll. Bad ass in my opinion. Well worth the investment. It's definitely going to be added to my x-mas list :peace: