PDA

View Full Version : List all Parts Legal for use in california on evo's

MitsuMan
07-11-2006, 05:19 PM
:)well since everyone is trippin' on the cops lately I thought we should make it known what mods out there are legal.* I know of only the K/N typhone intake, and the A.E.M. intake.* *Are there more out there?* Please share

Legal parts must have a C.A.R.B. e.o. #.* I'm not really focused on exhausts because smog legal or not, a modded exhaust is still citable for noise but go ahead and list them anyway

lncrevoviii
07-11-2006, 06:43 PM
well, injen is pending for ever now.

Borla.
Not sure about MagnaFlow.
Any Catback w/ Stock Cat, ofcourse.

Dr. Evo
07-12-2006, 07:22 AM
RMR Cat-Back claims to be the only 50 state legal exhust on the market http://www.rodmillenstore.com/prodinfo.aspx?partID=RMREV012

MitsuMan
07-12-2006, 10:28 AM
borla headers do not qualify otherwise I'd have mine on my car right now* those lieing bastards :x :x

Lurk
07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Why does it matter when cops think the stock parts on our cars are already illegal...lol

ApexVIII
07-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Why does it matter when cops think the stock parts on our cars are already illegal...lol

lol

MAB1025
07-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Legal mods and CA don't go in the same sentance. Cops will still send you to the state ref regardless of what you can show them. I got pulled over in my GSR once, all of my mods ( intake and headers ) all have carb #'s on them. Intake was an Injen, headers were comptech and a stock exhaust. He still sent me to the state ref citing that I could have placed the carb #'s on there myself and he wanted the state ref to make sure that they were correct.

ZK
07-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Legal mods and CA don't go in the same sentance. Cops will still send you to the state ref regardless of what you can show them. I got pulled over in my GSR once, all of my mods ( intake and headers ) all have carb #'s on them. Intake was an Injen, headers were comptech and a stock exhaust. He still sent me to the state ref citing that I could have placed the carb #'s on there myself and he wanted the state ref to make sure that they were correct.

That is so true. They don't know enough about it themselves so they'd rather send you to a ref and have them look at it. If your car is legal - no worries, but it is a pain in the ass to take time out to deal with it.

It all depends on the cop and how they're feeling that day.

lncrevoviii
07-12-2006, 06:56 PM

lol

dude, i got pulled over in my ride when i had the stock exhaust, even i told the nutsack that it was stock. He didn't believe me. But he let me go, after arguing for good 5 mins on whats stock in my car and whats aftermarket.:lol:

MitsuMan
07-13-2006, 10:52 PM

should of stood up for yourself and asked for a supervisor or something. did he take pictures? did you go to court and plead not guilty and then call the cop out?

MitsuMan
07-13-2006, 10:53 PM
if it doesn't matter than why are there so manny threads about cops and mods? It should matter alot

AreSTG
07-16-2006, 09:51 AM
lol, the one and only thing i hate about it out here in CA are the laws on cars....

In PA, if you pass a determined emissions level for your cars engine size it's legal. I had a swapped engine(from n/a to turbo) they popped the hood, hooked to the obd, put it on dyno rollers and ran it thru the gears. I mean it had a TMIC that sayed "TURBO" on it, they sent me on my legal way. the country next to mine just instated emmisions laws a few years ago, b4 that it was inspection only(no rust thru the body, enough thickness left on pads etc.)

It'd rediculous out here

Lurk
07-16-2006, 07:25 PM
if it doesn't matter than why are there so manny threads about cops and mods? It should matter alot

I don't give a damn about fix it tickets. They can eat a fat one. My buddy signs them off for me, and he even said the courts don't check if the officer signing the ticket off is even real or not. And this is coming from a cop. Just sign off your own tickets from now on. LOL