PDA

View Full Version : One Lap of America: Paul Gerrard is Driving Shiv's Car

smogrunner
05-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Hello All,
Shiv and Paul are competing in One Lap and I noticed that there was no thread on Norcalevo about the race. The day by day results are posted here: http://www.onelapofamerica.com/

There is a thread on Evom here that will get you up to speed: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=78733

The first day was the wet skidpad, which was an absolute disaster. Shiv's Cusco diffs locked up (as they are supposed to) and they finished pretty close to last. The second day they smoked the Corvettes, 911's, and Vipers by a wide margin. They are still playing catchup and are racing at Pike's Peak I. Raceway today. There is one other Evo in the race and a well setup WRX that is leading Shiv's class after two days. After two days, Shiv and Paul are second in their class and 13th overall.

Please, keep this thread on topic.

DB8GSR
05-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Hats off to Shiv and Paul for doing an excellent finishes so far. This is one tough event and 'am excited to see the overall finish with Shivs Evo. Glad he picked the Evo as his car of choice!! :twisted:

Do you know what time they start at Sears Point tomorrow? I might try to swing by and see how they're doing. 8)

MitsuMan
05-02-2004, 10:41 AM
good thing he didn't sell the evo so soon as he had planned

smogrunner
05-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Quick update,
Yesterday, at Heartland Park, they took 1st in the first time trial, they took 3rd in the second one, then took 1st in the drag race, even beating the Vipers!. They lost a few point tin the bracket races due to a red light.

There were two time trials today at Pike's Peak. Paul drove the crap out the crap out of Shiv's evo and finished 4th OVERALL in the first one and 3rd OVERALL in the second one. They smoked Z06 vettes, 911s, Vipers, 911s, M3, M5, etc.

They are on their way to Sears Point and will race tomorrow at 2pm. The car is holding together well but the drivers are exhausted. They have moved up a couple of places in the rankings and are well positioned to win their division and challenge even the biggest dogs!

DB8GSR
05-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Okay.. got them pix uploaded. I was late at the event and the Vishnu gang already left when I got into the paddock. Sux for me 'cause I was anticipating to see that red devil with that JDM tow hitch :wink: 500awhp Evo tear up the track. :evil:
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=One-Lap-at-Infeneon-Raceway&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Btw.. It's good to see Vishnu doing overall finishes on each track either 4th or 5th place. I'm impressed with their results. I hope they win their class (mid price sedan class) at the end of this event and they would've been already ontop over the WRX STi if they would've pulled a much better finish over the wet skidpad. :roll: Regardless, Vishnu's Evo is the faster car in it's class!! :twisted:

SouthernCrane
05-05-2004, 09:20 PM
These brakes look to be in tip top :shock:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/One-Lap-at-Infeneon-Raceway/Dsc00286.sized.jpg

wilson1
05-07-2004, 01:00 PM
updates?

DB8GSR
05-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Woot!! Shiv and Paul won 1st in their class. This is awesome!! :bow:

Quote from Shiv today from evom

hi guys. that's right. despite the lousy start, we managed a 1st in class victory with a 5th place overall. I believe that's the highest placement ever achieved by a 4 cyl. The car is getting its own write-up in C&D mag. big thanks to everyone who helped out.

ez76
05-08-2004, 06:42 PM
vishnu power

vtluu
05-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Cool! Congrats to Shiv and Paul! :skid:

Shiv@Vishnu
05-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks guys! Just got back from Indiana and I'm beat. I'm sure Paul is feeling equally exhausted. It was an awesome event and we'll be doing it again next year and hope to win overall (doesn't hurt to be optimistic, does it? :lol: ) For giggles, during the last 6500miles/8 days, the car:

-Sucked down 650 gallons of fuel. Anything from 90oct to 118oct.

-Consumed 1/4 quart of oil.

-Got one oil change (Redline 20w 50 baby!)

-Had the brake fuel bled twice

-Got one tranny and read diff fuel change (Redline 75/90 with a ton of Friction Modifier)

-Lost no compression on any cylinder

-Listened to no less than a 100 CDs

-Tore off both front plastic wheel liners

-Melted both front ABS sensors

-Towed a 700lbs trailer every day and never missed a beat

-Launched hard 25 times (standing starts, remember?)

-Liquified 2 engine mounts, 1 drivestaft mount and a diff mount.

-Got a nail in one tire (which was patched in Chicago-- thanks Swavek!)

Pretty neat, huh?

Wow... what an experience. Despite the lack of sleep, Paul and I had a great time. What a way to learn about these cars. Everyone's encouragement here and on evom.net (and some of the smack talk on Socalevo.net ) kept us going strong. Thanks to everyone!!!

regards,
shiv

wilson1
05-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Congratulations!!!

559EVO
05-12-2004, 01:01 AM
Vishnu rocks!

EvoVIII
05-12-2004, 10:42 AM
ya good job

Shiv@Vishnu
05-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys! And now for your viewing pleasure, a cool drifting video of our One Lap car tearing around the skidpad at the Tire Rack during the demo portion at the end of One Lap. All four wheels a-spinning!

http://www.vishnutuning.com/drifting.htm

Cheers,
shiv