PDA

View Full Version : Magnaflow catback

player67
07-17-2006, 03:43 AM
I noticed not too many people have the magnaflow catback but I was somewhat interested in one. I want a 3" exhaust that is moderate but not insanely loud. Ive been researching Perrins full exhaust, HKS carbon-ti (not sure if this is loud, but i believe it is), Magnaflow catback. If anyone has clips of these exhausts or if you want to suggest another exhaust that'd be great! Thanks!

James

UCB
07-17-2006, 10:22 AM
they have a bunch of clips on their website

I'll be using a magnaflow muffler. If you don't use any resonators, its kinda loud. Same muffler was the vishu, which is on the loud side

Im double resonating mine

zasboy
01-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Does anybody have this catback? I noticed that it does not have a resonator. Does it drone on the highway?

DoggDicker
01-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I had this one.Â* http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Sport&id=1092
It wasn't crazy loud.Â* Also, it's the same as the JIC, although the down neck on the JIC is smaller...

Â* Â*DD

warpspeed
01-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Most aftermarket performance catbacks are fairly civilize but once you start opening up the exhaust more like HFC and downpipe, then it gets loud.

evo_ate_gsr
01-11-2008, 09:43 PM
^^ true is some cases. really depends on the muffler design as well. one quiet exhaust out there, is the Fujisubo RM0-1A. That mofo is quiet as heck. i had it for a little while, until i couldnt take how quiet it was, then sold it for my Ti-C

zasboy
01-11-2008, 09:48 PM
When I said resonator, I did not mean a test-pipe resonator. It's piece on the catback with a resonator to control drone.

From what I have read, the oval shape muffler will keep the exhaust noise down due to more space in the muffler to stuff noise dampening materials in it.
This is the Magnaflow Exhaust I was looking at:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Sport&id=926

You can hear the sound clips but it has no highway driving sound clip.

Dogg => Does your exhaust drone during highway driving?

dl_EVO
01-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I just got a Magnaflow/RMR exhaust that is going on tomorrow. I will post sound clips tomorrow.

Ben
01-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey Dara, DaveLC2 has a custom catback with a Magnaflow on it. I don't think it has a resonator but it's still pretty quiet. Sounds good.

Positron
01-11-2008, 10:20 PM
I had the Perrin catback in the past. It was too damn loud. It had no resonators either.

If I were too ditch my Greddy ti, but I wont because its so light! I would get the following

Fujitsubo RMA01 (has 2 resonators)
RMR catback (has 2 resonators)
RRE stealth (has 2 resonators)

Ben
01-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I noticed not too many people have the magnaflow catback but I was somewhat interested in one. I want a 3" exhaust that is moderate but not insanely loud. Ive been researching Perrins full exhaust, HKS carbon-ti (not sure if this is loud, but i believe it is), Magnaflow catback. If anyone has clips of these exhausts or if you want to suggest another exhaust that'd be great! Thanks!

James

Hearing my car drive through your neighborhood at night has changed your mind about loud exhausts????

I had the Perrin catback in the past. It was too damn loud. It had no resonators either.

If I were too ditch my Greddy ti, but I wont because its so light! I would get the following

Fujitsubo RMA01 (has 2 resonators)
RMR catback (has 2 resonators)
RRE stealth (has 2 resonators)

From what I understand the RRE Stealth sounds stock. I kinda want one.

zasboy
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
I forgot to mention, the OP posted the original question in July 17, 2006

I'm trying to get information on the exhaust they he was researching on.

player67
01-11-2008, 11:23 PM
WTH this thread is so damn old....

DoggDicker
01-11-2008, 11:25 PM

What would you like to know...I've had two Magnaflow exhausts...one being the link above, and the other was a Vishnu exhaust. The Vishnu was definitely louder/ more droning than the other Magnaflow.

DD

player67
01-11-2008, 11:29 PM
vishnu has no resonator if i recall its a rebadged perrin

DoggDicker
01-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Does the Perrin use a Magnaflow muffler???

DD

DJMic0
01-11-2008, 11:37 PM
come take mine... it's collecting dust. Located in Sacramento.

zasboy
01-11-2008, 11:39 PM

What would you like to know...I've had two Magnaflow exhausts...one being the link above, and the other was a Vishnu exhaust. The Vishnu was definitely louder/ more droning than the other Magnaflow.

DD

Did the Magnaflow exhaust have a resonator? Also did it drone on the highway?

DoggDicker
01-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Regular Magnaflow...no resonator...didn't drone bad...I have a RS too...
Vishnu Magnaflow...no resonator...droned/ louder than regular one...

DD

zasboy
01-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Awesome thanks. Trying to piece a TBE setup and thinking of getting the Magnaflow Street Exhaust for the catback part.

DoggDicker
01-11-2008, 11:55 PM
The only drawback that I didn't like about the Magnaflow, is the slip together design. Vishnu's was a V-band, and was a little better. I like the bolt together ones...but that is just me. g/l...

DD

zasboy
01-19-2008, 04:06 AM
I just got a Magnaflow/RMR exhaust that is going on tomorrow. I will post sound clips tomorrow.

Any updates on the sound clips?