PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the buyers and sellers on here?

Yuh
07-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Maybe i'm missing it, but the few times I actually commit to buying something on the private section on this board by replying it on the thread first, somebody that PMs or replies a few hours later than my post but promises money faster (by a few hours) gets the part.

I've been experiencing a lot of "i'm poor, need money, first with money gets it" responses from sellers. On all my other experiences on other forums, there's an unwritten buyer/seller ethic rule, where if somebody commits and makes a date for a meeting then it's considered sold. I find it pretty funny that one can be poor and still afford gas and insurance for an evo. Or maybe i'm just old fashoned.

MAB1025
07-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I've come to notice that it's first with the money gets it.... However with me if I sell something and have a time/date and amount set up with someone that person gets it...

Liquid-R1
07-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I try to abide by that, but the problem stems from the # of people that flake. I've set up times with people for a day out only to have them cancel. And the worst part is, they don't even bother to call and tell you. I've had to call the people for them to tell me a) They can't afford it b)They got it somewhere else etc...

Maybe if everyone who offered to buy the item stuck to their promise, we wouldn't have this problem...

Yuh
07-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I've come to notice that it's first with the money gets it.... However with me if I sell something and have a time/date and amount set up with someone that person gets it...

Well, I personally go by verbal agreements as a gentlemanly thing to do. If a seller commits to a buyer, then why not wait til he replies at the end of the day? Instead of taking the first paypal payment?

I also remember taking a law class a while ago also that stated a verbal agreement of anything over 20 or 40 bux is a verbal contract, especially if one can prove it. But it's unlikely anybody will sue.

Yuh
07-19-2006, 03:52 PM
I try to abide by that, but the problem stems from the # of people that flake. I've set up times with people for a day out only to have them cancel. And the worst part is, they don't even bother to call and tell you. I've had to call the people for them to tell me a) They can't afford it b)They got it somewhere else etc...

Maybe if everyone who offered to buy the item stuck to their promise, we wouldn't have this problem...

hah.. that's something retarded.. I've been on the supraforums a lot with an older crowd. Maybe i'm just used to their kinda culture more. I mean flakers exist, but at least they respond fast most of the time. These middle aged to younger age sellers' ethics are new to me.

dohcvtec
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Maybe i'm missing it, but the few times I actually commit to buying something on the private section on this board by replying it on the thread first, somebody that PMs or replies a few hours later than my post but promises money faster (by a few hours) gets the part.

I've been experiencing a lot of "i'm poor, need money, first with money gets it" responses from sellers. On all my other experiences on other forums, there's an unwritten buyer/seller ethic rule, where if somebody commits and makes a date for a meeting then it's considered sold. I find it pretty funny that one can be poor and still afford gas and insurance for an evo. Or maybe i'm just old fashoned.

I'm with you. When I sell parts, first person who says they want it gets it. I don't mind waiting a few days or over a week to actually make the exchange.

chrisw
07-19-2006, 04:01 PM
I have not had too many problems with people flaking. sometimes you have to be patient until the right buyer comes along.

Liquid-R1
07-19-2006, 04:01 PM

hah.. that's something retarded.. I've been on the supraforums a lot with an older crowd. Maybe i'm just used to their kinda culture more. I mean thiefs and flakers exist, but at least they respond fast. These middle aged to younger age sellers' ethics are new to me.

No doubt if I agree to a sale, I will abide by it... But as before, I've had people say they're coming by at a certain time and never show up. In which case, I've contacted the next person who has already gotten it somewhere else. In addition, it's extremely frustrating to put time aside to meet the person, only for them to cancel. I've waiting around my house for people instead of going out to do errands etc, only to waste a couple hours out of my time...

Yuh
07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
All the more reason I propose a buyer/seller rating forum, like the supraforums.
Only that it involves private sellers only, not vendors.
Just post threads if you had a good/bad experience or flakers that stood you up.

But that's just me.
I mean, sometimes you're dealing with hundred of dollars worth of parts...

EvoRicer
07-19-2006, 05:03 PM
All the more reason I propose a buyer/seller rating forum, like the supraforums.
Just post threads if you had a good/bad experience or flakers that stood you up.

But that's just me.

EvoM has it...doesn't do Sh*T. I don't have a problem with people flaking on me. Things change. Person decides he doesn't want to sell it anymore, person decides he doesn't want to spend the money on it anymore, something happened and they need the money for something else. What's wrong with flaking? It's your money and you can do whatever you please with it. If you want to give someone bad feedback for flaking I think that's just BS because it's not your money and you can sell it to someone else. This is greedy talk if you ask me..."I gave you bad feedback because i wanted your money and you flaked!" :lol: This thread is funny....

UCB
07-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Cash talks, period

Evo442
07-19-2006, 08:30 PM
yeah, i tried to buy some guys gauge panel twice. I showed up with the cash at an arranged meeting place twice and he blew me off both times. :-(

Black_EVO
07-19-2006, 08:52 PM
I believe the probem stems from the # of people that commit and then flake, as previously stated. But one thing to remember is that in some cases this my be good for the buyer. I got my exhaust (greddy ti) and downpipe(Helix) from people in SoCal for dirt cheap becauser they were tired of people flaking on them. Where else can you get an almost new (2mon)Greddy Ti and Helix DP(2mon) for $600 :) Both pieces were in perfect condition.
In a perfect world the verbal agreement would be binding. Try and look at the posative!

cerebus
07-19-2006, 09:15 PM
What's wrong with flaking? Is that a serious question?

What's wrong with calling, PM, emailing someone to say you changed your mind? It takes a couple minutes at most. Its a simple courtesy to the other person. And it works both ways. If the seller can't make it, they should contact the buyer.

Its not that hard to do.

MitsuMan
07-19-2006, 09:46 PM
not everybody acts like that.* I've had good exchanges with some people and then there are some that will sell out from under you after they have a greed to sell to you (jdmgraphiteMR) not to name any names.* I think that if you have a deal with somebody than you should have a deal.* I only can pick up parts on certain days cause of my work ya know.* * that s why I make shure I have a good agreement with somebody first, if they want my money than they better come through* if not* ol' well I've been here long enough to know that there are always parts coming and going* *another will come along soon enough

Yuh
07-20-2006, 01:07 AM

But that's just me.

EvoM has it...doesn't do Sh*T. I don't have a problem with people flaking on me. Things change. Person decides he doesn't want to sell it anymore, person decides he doesn't want to spend the money on it anymore, something happened and they need the money for something else. What's wrong with flaking? It's your money and you can do whatever you please with it. If you want to give someone bad feedback for flaking I think that's just BS because it's not your money and you can sell it to someone else. This is greedy talk if you ask me..."I gave you bad feedback because i wanted your money and you flaked!" :lol: This thread is funny....

well, I wouldnt know how to control something like that. But at my former company, and past forum experience, if you reply to an email saying you'll buy it, you're bound to it. Let me ask you this: What buyer would say, "ILL BUY IT... paypal addy? or LET'S MEET TODAY, I'LL PM YOU AFTER I GET OUT OF WORK" to later say, 'oh, sorry, no money. i'm poor". If you don't have the money and no interest in buying, then why freaggin respond saying you'll buy it?

or to have a seller reply, "oh, while you didn't answer back, some guy already picked it up"

i mean, as adults, it just seems retarded to me. But then again, it's all business ethics. What if speed element or gruppe-s did that after promising you a jdm rear bumper? I find that highly unprofessional.

Yuh
07-20-2006, 01:14 AM

But that's just me.

well, flaking as in, "you promised me a paypal or a meeting today, and never showed, and no response... bad buyer" What seems retarded about that? I've searched up reviews of buyers or sellers (not on evom, i hate that forum), on other big forums and i'll never sell/buy from a shady person.

I've used it all the time on a different forum. Again, it's your business ethics in question if you think flaking is okay. Why do you suppose companies that sell things charge a restocking fee?