PDA

View Full Version : need help w/removing front license plate holder.

mok97
05-03-2004, 08:56 PM
So far I have removed all the bolts that hold the license plate holder together. The "Screw" will not come out! It's covered with rubber. Does anyone know the best way to take out that screw.

vtluu
05-03-2004, 09:01 PM
I think I just pulled on it firmly and out it came--friction is the only thing holding it in. Try lubricating it with some WD40 maybe? :)

GReddy_917
05-04-2004, 12:48 PM
grow some balls and pull harder on it

nebolic
05-04-2004, 01:40 PM
there shouldn't be anything holding the plate but the bolts. If the bolt is not coming out then its probably wedged in an angle so shake it like Shake N' Bake a little and it'll come out.

otherwise like Greddy_917 said, just yank the sucker out.

Nebo

chris
05-04-2004, 01:43 PM
i put it on and take it off all the time. its a piece of cake =X

JanSolo
05-04-2004, 01:44 PM
grow some balls and pull harder on it

Yeah! Yank on it like it is a sad clown stick!

EvolvedDSM
05-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Are you sure you got all the bolts/screws?

http://www.columbusdsm.com/forum/files/frontplate.jpg

warpspeed
05-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Question.........why are you removing it anyway. This is just a heads up on front license plates. A friend of mine who is a sheriff in San Mateo county, who is cool, said that if you get a fix it ticket, they will put that infraction in their computer and if you get ticketed again for the same infraction, you will have to pay the amount and it goes up everytime. So no more fix it after the first offense.

vtluu
05-04-2004, 06:53 PM
I take my front plate off for autocross (to prevent the thing getting bent if I hit a cone with it, and to make my car a bit prettier for photos :)) but usually put it back on afterwards.

One trick I've found for more easily putting the thing back on, is to partly screw in the screws that go through those square plastic bits that hold the plastic plate holder to the metal bracket. Then bolt on the plate holder as a single piece (rather than putting the metal bracket on, and attaching the plastic plate holder to it).

jbenosa
10-13-2004, 08:45 PM
I have the exact opposite problem. I have a '04 and it does not have a space designated for the front license plate. Ask DB8GSR, he saw it. No such holes to screw the bolts in. Do I have to improvise with some form of creative engineering?

twEeker
10-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Damn dude, your pretty lucky I think. I took mine off, and now there is an unsightly hole right in the bumper. Well, I guess I got used to it, but still it kills me just knowing that there is a hole there.

Sometimes I think about going to a dealer and asking to swap bumpers for one without a hole, but then I know they will laugh at me, so I don't.