PDA

View Full Version : Car's acting up....

FLATCH
07-20-2006, 11:25 AM
I have a 06 IX MR, Its got about 4,500 miles on it and the only mod is a blitz induction cover. Today while driving to work i noticed at WOT the car would start to rev up almost like the clutch was in around 3-4,000 RPMS. Then you could hear and see the revs go down alittle as the car kinda caught up. The interesting thing was it looked like the boost was spiking higher than normal like all the way to 1.5 bar, and then when the boost dropped down is when the car would start to catch up with the engine. It was during shifts, i was just doin like mid gear pulls. I hope this makes sense, and maybe somebody can help me?

FLATCH
07-20-2006, 11:26 AM
it WASNT during shifts or right after, it WAS mid gear no shifting involved... SORRY

hi_nrg_fizzix
07-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Sounds like your clutch is slipping.

KareBearPowa
07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Slipping clutch. How many launches have you done? ;)

ek9_evo9
07-20-2006, 12:33 PM
+1 dude you just got your car last month and already a slipping clutch and 4500 miles??

stop racing on mchenry :wink:

FLATCH
07-20-2006, 01:04 PM
haha damn i was hoping u guys wouldnt say that.... even though i wasnt shifting?Cause it seemed exactly like i was slipping the clutch, but i thought it couldnt be that since it was mid gear ???? im probably wrong, but still wondering

KareBearPowa
07-20-2006, 01:14 PM
If you where WOT and it did that, that is a slipping clutch.

FLATCH
07-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Alright... :(

Any suggestions on a good clutch? or flywheel combo?

KareBearPowa
07-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Go organic clutch disc style like ACT or Exedy. If you don't plan on modding past the stock turbo you don't need anything more.

People that try to sell you puck or multiplate clutches are only trying to make money off you. Espically if you are looking to keep the car close to stock.

Does it slip all the time now? You sure you didn't just glaze it last night launching and then it slipped a little bit today? Try driving it for a couple days and see if it goes away.

FLATCH
07-20-2006, 01:42 PM
No it doesnt slip all the time, so thats kind of a plus.. hopefully it stops (I'll be more careful haha)

Thanks for the advice on the clutchs, i plan on exhaust, ebc and a flash prolly not much after that... unless i hit the Lotto haha.. so Organic should work for me

Hey if it doesnt stop, and it starts slipping like all the time or pretty bad, how long do i have? Should i replace it right away or will my clutch be the only thing to get worse

ek9_evo9
07-20-2006, 01:45 PM
No it doesnt slip all the time, so thats kind of a plus.. hopefully it stops (I'll be more careful haha)

Thanks for the advice on the clutchs, i plan on exhaust, ebc and a flash prolly not much after that... unless i hit the Lotto haha.. so Organic should work for me

Hey if it doesnt stop, and it starts slipping like all the time or pretty bad, how long do i have? Should i replace it right away or will my clutch be the only thing to get worse

id replace clutch right away if its all the time.

AreSTG
07-20-2006, 05:37 PM
not to steal your thread but i've had a question on my clutch cuz im not sure exactly what i did to it. It's ben this way for like 10 months now so its no hinering my driving, but at the track rode out ym clutch too much, too many times trying to avoid bogging.

nowadays, it doesn't slip(though on a correct lauch it doesnt bite enough) but as i release the clutch it has a bumpy feel to it, almost like it warped or something.

any ideas? the only time it really affects me is on cold days before its warmed up, the clutch can be jumpy

it's no biggie cuz i'll replace it evenually with somehting that holds up better, but im in no rush cuz it never slips