PDA

View Full Version : I know she's no where near Evo status, but....my new car!

kimmievo
07-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi All,

Well my original plan after selling the Z was to pick up another Evo from a member here on the boards. After much thought, I figured that I probably shouldn't coz I know the modding bug would hit me hard again. So, I picked up a 2004.5 1.8t VW GLI. It's got Recaro seats, OEM BBS rims, and different front and rear valances. You know how the saying goes, the Evo is not a lancer, well the GLI is not just a Jetta, lol.

But just so you all know, I still reeeeeally miss my evo!

I've got a few plans for her, but nothing major. Definitely need some more power though!
As of right now, the only things I have done are:
GFB BOV
Kenwood HU
Kenwood iPod adapter
Stubby Antenna
German front plate
Soon to come:
Carbonio CAI
Carbonio engine cover

Without any further delay, here are some pics:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/kimmay_kimmay/my-fave2.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/kimmay_kimmay/my-fave.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/kimmay_kimmay/bbs-rim.jpg

mynameizstitch
07-21-2006, 03:50 PM
nice car! dope license plate :-D

ek9_evo9
07-21-2006, 03:53 PM
whats the difference between the GLI and the jetta other than the sweet stocker rims ??

kimmievo
07-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Recaro Seats, brushed aluminum interior parts, the 20th AE/337 bodykit, Eibach lowering springs, 5-way gas shocks, bigger front and rear sway bars.

AWDrift
07-21-2006, 04:40 PM
is this AWD or FWD? im thinking that wuz kind of a n00bie question sry

KareBearPowa
07-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Recaro Seats, brushed aluminum interior parts, the 20th AE/337 bodykit, Eibach lowering springs, 5-way gas shocks, bigger front and rear sway bars.

Sounds like its still a jetta to me. ;) Cool car though.

mtsevovii
07-21-2006, 05:19 PM
i like the gli...was going to get one...but for the money and what the car gives...i couldnt get away from the evo. plus im too much of an evo fan to give it up that easily.

TurbO_O
07-28-2006, 12:56 AM
sweet car... guess I still dont understand your reason for not getting an evo...

You said you dont wanna get the mod bug yet you've already got a formitable list for the gli... im confused

EvoVIII
07-28-2006, 01:14 AM
sweet car... guess I still dont understand your reason for not getting an evo...

You said you dont wanna get the mod bug yet you've already got a formitable list for the gli... im confused

probably modding a Jetta is cheaper then modding an Evo
Remember to snap some Brembo on there!!

Matz
07-28-2006, 05:17 AM

Tuning / flashing isn't... Getting the APR chip installed with the switchable fuel maps will run you close to $900. Catback exhaust from Milltek (the only one that fits my wife's auto Quattro is close to $900. I think the same would apply to this VW, but I could be wrong.

AreSTG
07-28-2006, 05:48 AM
can't decide between Evo and Jetta? Get both, I did.

Dunno how it was in 04, but in'06 i actually didnt want the GLI, what they consider extra body styling/trim looks cheasier on the gli now(prob not the case in 04).... i dont get it.

MarkSAE
07-28-2006, 07:12 AM
I've always liked the interiors in the VWs. The gauge cluster lights up in nice pretty colors! ;) Congrats on the new ride Kimmi!

xchoirboy
07-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Hey Kimmie ... congrats ... as long as you're happy with it :)

kimmievo
07-28-2006, 09:37 PM

Formidable list? Now I am confused...how do two exterior mods, two sound system components, and a used bov qualify as formidable? All of these items cost me less than my used p2 flash on my evo.

I have my reasons for not getting another evo right now. I know myself, and I know that I would head down the same path of spending ALOT of money on the evo. Right now, my wedding and saving up for a house, and starting a family is more important. When the time is right, I'll get another evo. But for now, I am enjoying the GLI, and doing little inexpensive things when I can.

kimmievo
07-28-2006, 09:39 PM

Tuning / flashing isn't... Getting the APR chip installed with the switchable fuel maps will run you close to $900. Catback exhaust from Milltek (the only one that fits my wife's auto Quattro is close to $900. I think the same would apply to this VW, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I don't think I will be going down that chip/flash road anytime soon. But from what I have heard , GIAC makes a flash for about $500. That's a slight possibility if and when I am ever ready to do anything like that.

ZK
07-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Congrats on the car!

There's a lot more important stuff in life than a car. :) Sounds like things are going well!

TurbO_O
08-02-2006, 12:25 PM

Formidable list? Now I am confused...how do two exterior mods, two sound system components, and a used bov qualify as formidable? All of these items cost me less than my used p2 flash on my evo.

I have my reasons for not getting another evo right now. I know myself, and I know that I would head down the same path of spending ALOT of money on the evo. Right now, my wedding and saving up for a house, and starting a family is more important. When the time is right, I'll get another evo. But for now, I am enjoying the GLI, and doing little inexpensive things when I can.

ok well sorry, but ANY mod list already sorta contradicts the reason for getting that car. Maybe you should have said "i picked up a VW to avoid expensive modding addiction :)

DaveLC2
08-05-2006, 06:51 AM
That's a nice looking car Kimmie 8) I always thought VW had good build quality and fit and finish. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Dave