PDA

View Full Version : Boost Leak cont'd....

BluEvo
05-04-2004, 08:41 PM
So, I picked up my car from Mitsu after getting the boost leak prob checked out. They say that the car is fine and that they do not hear the leaking sound at all. I told the service guy (who was pretty cool) that i am certain that there is something wrong. He had told me maybe there is bit i would have to take a tech on a ride along. Well i work and don't have the time to wait for a tech to be ready to take a ride with me. He said thats the only way. I tested it out as i was leaving Mitsu and of yeah it was still doing it. I called my service guy and he said that the techs were already gone. This was about 6pm. So now i have to schedule a half day off to go back to Mitsu and get a tech to ride along. I will get to the bottom of this, no doubt! They are not gonna get off that easy!
I also had the rattling noise checked out near the passanger pillar area, since i had to leave the car for the day. They fixed that. But that really wasn't what i had in mind for them to fix.

GReddy_917
05-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Best of luck to you Terrence...I hope you can get a tech that notices your problem.

BluEvo
05-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Best of luck to you Terrence...I hope you can get a tech that notices your problem.thanks man

evo_dadi
05-04-2004, 08:51 PM
dang they still cant figure it out huh,tell them its lemon then :)

BluEvo
05-04-2004, 08:58 PM
dang they still cant figure it out huh,tell them its lemon then :)not calamansi :lol:

evo_dadi
05-04-2004, 08:59 PM
lol as long as its sour ;)

EvoVIII
05-04-2004, 09:33 PM
have u consider that maybe the weather is too hot and I notice that my car has drop PSI too and I saw the drop off from my guage! but today is fine now coz is not as hot..

SouthernCrane
05-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Can you wait until saturday? that way you don't have to take a half day of work off. they will sometimes schedule an EVO tech to be there if you schedule it for saturday....then again a half day off work is nice......just call in sick :)

nebolic
05-05-2004, 08:42 AM
man their techies sucks butthole.... anyhoo, aren't there tools you can plug into the Evo to see if its leaking boost or running lower boost? Well, hope everything checks out for you Blu Evo.

BluEvo
05-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Can you wait until saturday? that way you don't have to take a half day of work off. they will sometimes schedule an EVO tech to be there if you schedule it for saturday....then again a half day off work is nice......just call in sick :)one guy said they could do it on a saturday, when i got there, they said they do not have techs that check on warranty probs on saturdays :cry:

BluEvo
05-05-2004, 09:17 AM
hell, i'm going back right now! and right after that, i'm going to pick up my GFB at MPJ's. :)

*took a needed day off of work, cough, cough* :wink:

SouthernCrane
05-05-2004, 10:08 AM
hell, i'm going back right now! and right after that, i'm going to pick up my GFB at MPJ's. :)

*took a needed day off of work, cough, cough* :wink:

Let us know how everything goes. Good luck :)

TylerO@WORKS
05-05-2004, 10:41 AM
maybe we can help you out?

WORKS Team
www.worksrally.com
415-641-9675

Good luck.

BluEvo
05-05-2004, 02:07 PM
maybe we can help you out?
WORKS Team
www.worksrally.com
415-641-9675
Good luck.
thanks. i'll call or pm you guys, when i can get some of this madness in order.....

MarkSAE
05-06-2004, 12:44 PM
If you suspect a boost leak, you can try pressurizing the intake w/ a boost leak checker found here:
http://www.machv.com/macvleaktes.html

You just need to find somebody w/ an air compressor.

EvolvedDSM
05-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Update?

I finally got mine together and performed my own test ;) The BOV was the only thing that gave up and that was at about 23 PSI. Everything else checked out OK.

BluEvo
05-14-2004, 04:13 PM
went to Mitsu, took a tech on a ride along. it didn;t do it. i took him up and down the street about 3 times. nothing. so told him i will get a bite to eat and come back. maybe it will do it. went back and ran a few passes again with the tech. nothing, boost was back to normal and everything. so i was mad and glad at the same time. glad that it wasn't doing it anymore and mad that i looked like a fool. that same day i went to MPJ to pick up my GFB bov, installed it and i have not had that issue as of now. some strange shit!? car runs fine. i am going to get a boost gauge installed sometime this month to check if i am running at the right psi. i told the tech that i would install a boost gauge and it should be hitting 19psi. if it doesn't, i informed him that i will be back! :twisted:

overall, i was satisfied with the service that they tried to provide. they didn't give me a hard time at all with the mods that i did have.

brwnrice
05-14-2004, 06:36 PM
went to Mitsu, took a tech on a ride along. it didn;t do it. i took him up and down the street about 3 times. nothing. so told him i will get a bite to eat and come back. maybe it will do it. went back and ran a few passes again with the tech. nothing, boost was back to normal and everything. so i was mad and glad at the same time. glad that it wasn't doing it anymore and mad that i looked like a fool. that same day i went to MPJ to pick up my GFB bov, installed it and i have not had that issue as of now. some strange shit!? car runs fine. i am going to get a boost gauge installed sometime this month to check if i am running at the right psi. i told the tech that i would install a boost gauge and it should be hitting 19psi. if it doesn't, i informed him that i will be back! :twisted:

overall, i was satisfied with the service that they tried to provide. they didn't give me a hard time at all with the mods that i did have.

i see that you got your defi guage

EvoVIII
05-14-2004, 08:10 PM
I am still thinking is the weather that caused ur Boost to drop, maybe 1-3psi because it happened on my car on the hot weather few weeks back

BluEvo
05-14-2004, 08:13 PM
i doubt it was the weather. it was doing it at one point in the morning time. it was pretty cold.

BluEvo
05-14-2004, 08:15 PM
i see that you got your defi guage
not yet. i'm planning on stopping by MPJ saturday to pick one up from Mike tho.

GReddy_917
05-15-2004, 08:39 AM
I am still thinking is the weather that caused ur Boost to drop, maybe 1-3psi because it happened on my car on the hot weather few weeks back

No it was not the weather.

EvoVIII
05-15-2004, 04:15 PM

No it was not the weather.
okok sorry sorry, it was not the weather, no need to repeat twice :tears:

BluEvo
05-15-2004, 04:51 PM
no worries man, we're all homies here. :)