PDA

View Full Version : SAFC on IX to do or not to do that is the question!!!

o6evors
07-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Ok so I was doing some research to find the ECU pinouts for my IX, so that I could install my SAFC that I had laying around from my last car (O3 SRT-4) and I came across a post saying it was a huge waste of time since a SAFC can't manipulate Mivec. Is this correct??? The other reason I wanted to install it was for the decel correction feature so I can use VTA BOV. Any IX owners out there have a SAFC installed in their cars??? If so please let me know thanks, I mean its not doing much just sitting around so might as well use it for something even if it is just for the decel correction. Any input is welcome, Thanks

chrisw
07-29-2006, 06:46 PM
don't do it.

go up to www.tactrix.com and order a open port cable for you Mitsubishi and then download ECUFlash from http://www.openECU.org. This will let you reprogram the ECU yourself instead of using teh SAFC to alter the signals.

the cable is $89, a lot cheaper than a SAFC.

KareBearPowa
07-29-2006, 10:32 PM
I agree with Chris. Get it tuned by a professional. VTA bov = bad.

Matz
07-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Check this out (http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,11556.0/topicseen.html) and you'll probably be happier.

chuckdashi
07-30-2006, 12:22 AM
well also instead of splicing your ecu wires.. theres actually a harness now for the 9's....

o6evors
07-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Wow ok. I was just woundering since I already had a SAFC just collecting dust. Thanks to all for your input. :P :P :P So I guess the next step for me is to finish my exhaust system, with downpipe and HFC, upgrade the fuelpump, then get Andy at SpeedElement to do my reflash. I just installed my MBC today so that should suit me for now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

evolcire
07-31-2006, 07:09 PM
You should consider the WORKS flash. After discovering what went into the development of that flash, and what a proper tune is, you'd be hard pressed not to go with it.

KareBearPowa
07-31-2006, 07:19 PM
bites lip

whtrice
07-31-2006, 08:39 PM
I assume thats a negatorieeee??

bites lip

Matz
07-31-2006, 10:16 PM
I assume thats a negatorieeee??

bites lip

After reading off the list of WORKS parts on my Evo, earlyapex almost refused to help me with the tuning. :lol: