PDA

View Full Version : State Ref...

TSi_2_EVO
05-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Hey everyone,

havent had a formal intro althought i been posting in the "sightings" topic...my name is ryan...had the VIII for about 3 weeks and loving it...been browsing for a few months before the purchase and it helped me out alot.

anyway, i just got a citation requiring me to go to a state ref for my Talon..i was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for where i should go (any place nicer, more lienient (sp)) that would be a big help...or how i should go about this period

Thanks! ryan

xchoirboy
05-07-2004, 08:18 AM
welcome - sorry can't help never been to one. :huh:

nebolic
05-07-2004, 08:46 AM
from my friends experience (honda guys with engine swaps, loud exhaust, no cat, etc....) state ref is a b!tch. Pretty much, they scrutnize every little thing, so best bet is to change car back to stock before you go meet with these people. Good luck dude, its a pain in the arse process.

nebo

warpspeed
05-07-2004, 03:55 PM
I believe there is one in San Jose but not sure if it is still there. They were cool about engine swaps etc. as long as you have the paper. Question.......what is the reason for going to the ref. (not trying to be nosey)

TSi_2_EVO
05-07-2004, 04:48 PM
thanks for the responses and welcomes

warpspeed - not being nosey at all, im going in for modified exhaust and modified smog something something. she saw my intake (K&N drop in with no cover) and IC piping. good thing she didnt ask if i was turbo-back!

blitzkrgCT9A
05-08-2004, 11:56 AM
you will need to put everything back to stock in order to pass state ref's strict emission tests (both visual and sniffer). The one I went to was in Fremont near Mission/Milpitas that area. Its right behind Sequoia.

warpspeed
05-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Check this site out. It should help you out.

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8133 :D

TSi_2_EVO
05-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Blitzkrg - yeah i was going to go back to stock, just lazy to do all that work!

warpspeed - thanks for the website