PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster sighting...

DaveLC2
07-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Because of where I work I see many exotic cars fairly often. A few days back I saw a Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster at Arco of all places and the owner was pumping gas into it :shock: I felt like bitch slapping him as I've never even put a drop of Arco into my Evo. My Integra used to run fine on it but after the 3rd or so tank of 87 it was detonate. I hope he used 91 :lol: A few months back out my way I saw a Viper GTS getting gas at Arco in Pleasant Hill. You can probably get away with that better with the 8L V10. I know on BBC's (Big Block Chevy's) you can make a sh!t load of power on 87 because of all of the displacement. This would only work if you used lower compression pistons of course. I would not run that in an exotic like a Lambo though. I just can't see how someone can spend nearly $320k on a car and then run a cheaper brand gas to save 8 cents per gallon :?

Dave

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Dave I'm in LA rite now and drooling over every Porsche, Lambo, and Lotus I see running around. @.@

I miss my evo too because I wanna see how fast they are. ahahahaha No one wants to play with a Honda Pilot.

lol and about your last line....true.. I don't go to anywhere but shell or chevron (usually Chevron)

onesicklambo
07-29-2006, 10:16 PM
hate to tell you but all gas comes from the same place. Fuel trucks from all different companies(shell, chevron, arco, 76, etc) go fill up from the same fuel source. Only difference is while they are at the fueling station, they each add their own"extra ingredient" (i.e..the Vpower..or TECHRON) but its a minimal amount compared to the amount of gas that they fill up with. Reason I know this is my friend owns a gas station and I was asking him which gas is better.

DaveLC2
07-29-2006, 10:20 PM
hate to tell you but all gas comes from the same place. Fuel trucks from all different companies(shell, chevron, arco, 76, etc) go fill up from the same fuel source. Only difference is while they are at the fueling station, they each add their own"extra ingredient" (i.e..the Vpower..or TECHRON) but its a minimal amount compared to the amount of gas that they fill up with. Reason I know this is my friend owns a gas station and I was asking him which gas is better.

Yeah I am aware of the whole base fuel thing. There are differences between different stations. There was this no name gas station I used to get gas from in Petaluma and my Maxima ran like a raped ape on it. They just bought surplus fuel from different places.

Stay away from USA and Rotten Robbie because they are skimpin on the additives :lol:

Dave

MR_06
07-30-2006, 08:07 PM
^ Great to know...

Dr. Evo
07-30-2006, 08:36 PM
There are various fuel manufacturers, not just one, but no too many. Chevron, Unocal (76), BP to name a few. They and others distribute the fuel to every brand station. So while all the fuel is not the same, there are only really about 3 or 4 different fuels. Like Lambo said then the companies add their additive packages. Gasoline like Arco is sold from the bottom of the barrel so to speak, for a cut-rate, after the major brands have purchased their shares. Since gasoline has a shelf life, the last gas in the silo that has been sitting longer will have a reduced octane rating. These cheaper companies then add alot of oxidizers to the fuel to raise the octane rating back up. That is how they can sell it cheaper then the other guys. In other words, it really is crap gas. BTW additives aren't neccessarily a good thing. More additives=less fuel.

KareBearPowa
07-30-2006, 08:51 PM

How many freaking times will this come up. It IS NOT THE SAME GAS AND I HAVE THE LOGS TO PROVE IT. Read what Dr. Evo posted above.

EV0LL
07-30-2006, 09:08 PM
There are various fuel manufacturers, not just one, but no too many. Chevron, Unocal (76), BP to name a few. They and others distribute the fuel to every brand station. So while all the fuel is not the same, there are only really about 3 or 4 different fuels. Like Lambo said then the companies add their additive packages. Gasoline like Arco is sold from the bottom of the barrel so to speak, for a cut-rate, after the major brands have purchased their shares. Since gasoline has a shelf life, the last gas in the silo that has been sitting longer will have a reduced octane rating. These cheaper companies then add alot of oxidizers to the fuel to raise the octane rating back up. That is how they can sell it cheaper then the other guys. In other words, it really is crap gas. BTW additives aren't neccessarily a good thing. More additives=less fuel.

We were at a random gas station off of 680, south of Vacaville fixing a friends car, A gas truck pulled up to deliver gas. We ended up talking to the guy, and he told us that he delivers the same gas to shell, chevron, etc. that he was, to this random "cheap gas" station. Only difference he noted was that they have their own additives. The only one that came from a diffent source was the 76 unocal stuff. At that time, a couple years ago, 76 was the only one who had switched over to ethanol, instead of MTBE. So that made sense to me.

I pretty much stick with 76 these days in the EVO, but I used Rotten Robbies for my DSM in the past and when switching frm that to Chevron or Shell there wasn't any difference. Only difference I ever noticed was going to 76 when they switched to ethanol. I wouln't be surpised if the logs earlyapex has are due to variances in the gas itself, I doubt they are very uniform from tank to tank.

AreSTG
08-02-2006, 02:14 AM
i worked at a service statio back in PA.

Mind some names that you dont see here on the west coast...

Our's was CITGO, next door was MOBILE, and accross the street was GHETTY.

All owned by the same company in the next town over, and all used the same gas, we charged different prices though, i belive to make it appear the gas was different

DaveLC2
08-02-2006, 06:31 AM
i worked at a service statio back in PA.

Mind some names that you dont see here on the west coast...

Our's was CITGO, next door was MOBILE, and accross the street was GHETTY.

All owned by the same company in the next town over, and all used the same gas, we charged different prices though, i belive to make it appear the gas was different

I feel comfortable running Citgo from time to time. My car runs pretty strong on it.

Dave

bdking57
08-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I always felt that the car ran the best ( completel subjective) on 76 gas.. but for whatever reason the smell of the 76 gas in our area was inbearable to run while catless.. I pretty much stopped using 76 and just use chevron or any random gass that has an actuall pump for each tank so I dont get ripped off with a hose pull of 87... im still not sure why the fumes are so intense from the 76 gas in our area.

bdking57
08-02-2006, 12:51 PM
anway.. I have seen one of these downtown in monterey a couple months ago.. but Iv also seen 2 different enzos, a buggatti veyron, a vanquish about 20 lambos..tons of ferraris etc... plus the Dodge Challenger and Chrysler Imperial prototypes driving around on the street! I love living in california..Im constantly reminded how sweet it must be to be rich.