PDA

View Full Version : blowoff valve

a!rsoft3r
08-01-2006, 04:54 PM
hey, i got an 05 evo VIII, and i was wondering whats the difference between a recirculating blowoff valve and aventing to atmosphere blowoff valve is. and also should i get either a FORGE RS,or a HKSblowjob valve? thakns for all your help guys

chuckdashi
08-01-2006, 05:00 PM
get a mr or evo 9 bov that should be enough and would work best with your car.... recirculating just like it sez recirulates... while vta would more or less give you that wooooosh sound that srt owners love so much....

KareBearPowa
08-01-2006, 05:00 PM
search

a!rsoft3r
08-01-2006, 05:06 PM
so the only difference is the swoooosh sound?and does the MR or evo 9 recirculate or VTA? oo and i have this one condition where i cannot find the search button. i dont know what its called though. im going to the doctor to get it checked out tomorrow. thanks for your replays though

chuckdashi
08-01-2006, 05:08 PM
well it wont really be any hp gains if thats what your asking... all evo are on recirc stock.... and the vta would only give you a bad exp as tha car is more built to recirc the turbo...

a!rsoft3r
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
would the recirculating one will give you that swooooooooooooooosh sound? thanks

EvoRicer
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
No ^^^

L84AD8
08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
i was wondering whats the difference between a recirculating blowoff valve and aventing to atmosphere blowoff valve is. and also should i get either a FORGE RS,or a HKSblowjob valve?

Forge is a recirculating one and the HKS one wouldn't give you a blowjob. :lol: The cost for one will be a blowjob price tho. :lol: j/p HKS is VTA.

chuckdashi
08-01-2006, 05:47 PM
would the recirculating one will give you that swooooooooooooooosh sound? thanks
an intake would give you a whoosh sound.... with recirc....

L84AD8
08-01-2006, 05:53 PM
You can get a GFB BOV. You can adjust it to recirculate 100% or VTA% as you wish.

warpspeed
08-01-2006, 05:58 PM
All Evos are recirculation. BOV are just for that swoosh sound. Also you can damage your cat. if you are always venting to atmosphere.

mtsevovii
08-01-2006, 06:14 PM
ill be more than happy to slap you upside the head, if you just want the swoosh sound.

KareBearPowa
08-01-2006, 06:33 PM

ahhhhhh, don't give him anymore bad ideas!

whtrice
08-01-2006, 06:50 PM
WOOOSH... SMOOOOSH... :lol:

chuckdashi
08-01-2006, 08:35 PM

ahhhhhh, don't give him anymore bad ideas!
hahahaha if the WHOOOOOSHH... is what he wants then who are we to judge we can only give him advice..... stay with your stock airbox and mr/ix bov...... in that note i leave you with a big WWWWHHHHOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHH........

Matz
08-01-2006, 08:45 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,11411.0.html

lncrevoviii
08-01-2006, 10:52 PM
For BOV adivce I recommend JanSolo. Guy knows everything about BOVs. Also mention that you need a VTA for your Evo. He would love to help you out.

BTW: Welcome to NCE and enjoy your stay here.

PANGES
08-22-2006, 08:07 AM
I have a GFB blow off valve for sale if you want a woosh sound. It partially vents and partially recirculates so you get a woosh sound and it still recirculates like 30% of the air. I only had it on my car for like 3 days. It was a gift, but i'm really tight on money right now.

GokuSSJ4
08-22-2006, 09:07 AM
For BOV's
you can either look into the JDM MR
Forge RS BOV is a nice one as well
Any BOV that is VTA is use more for a speed -density set up, not what the stock MAF was design for.

06IXMR
08-28-2006, 08:40 AM
I want the whoooosh sound so popo's can look at me and laugh then pull me over.

Endoe
08-28-2006, 11:09 PM
hks for the woosh sound and you can run it without the recirculation kit without any problems i think..i havent had any idling issues so far but it is suppose to give you problems because of the maf sensor...i got the recirculation kit as well and it works fine but not as loud as the venting to the atmosphere.... but to not really have any issues and will not get harrase you should go with the jdm MR bov..... i would but it's too late...:(

TogueMonster
08-29-2006, 01:16 AM
OMG ROFL!!! It's that woot WOOOOT!!!11!!!uno!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/thedriftking/bubbrubb.jpg

PANGES
08-29-2006, 07:57 AM
OMG ROFL!!! It's that woot WOOOOT!!!11!!!uno!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/thedriftking/bubbrubb.jpg

Oh shit! haha. I almost forgot about that guy!!

06IXMR
08-29-2006, 08:32 AM
I heard you get sick of the woosh sound after a while. I kinda want it but, then I know something stupid is going to happen if I have it. lol.

PANGES
08-29-2006, 08:43 AM
I heard you get sick of the woosh sound after a while. I kinda want it but, then I know something stupid is going to happen if I have it. lol.

your gas mileage is going to drop to shit because you can't stop wooshing? lol

Endoe
08-29-2006, 08:46 AM
lol......that is true..... the hks bov is very sensitive though... it goes off even if there is no boost...it will flutter a little...

PANGES
08-29-2006, 08:52 AM
i think the GFB stealth does'nt go off untill about 0psi. The APS wont go off till about 15psi.

06IXMR
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
So, I take it the woosh is a no no for the evo?

wzcx
08-29-2006, 09:27 AM

Whoosh=slap. :)

PANGES
08-29-2006, 09:34 AM

Tell you the truth, man. I already read about people getting flammed and made fun of for running a VTA bov on an Evo, but almost every Evo I see driving around has one. I'm probally the only one that does'nt VTA. I would VTA if I liked the noise, but I dont. I used to have an ssqv on my old 240sx and i really liked it, but it got really irritating after about a month. If this is your first turbo car, hell, go do it. Everyone has to try it once for shits and giggles. Most of the better vta bov's wont even cause you any idling issues. They'll just cause you to run rich and kill your gas mileage.

Endoe
08-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Tell you the truth, man. I already read about people getting flammed and made fun of for running a VTA bov on an Evo, but almost every Evo I see driving around has one. I'm probally the only one that does'nt VTA. I would VTA if I liked the noise, but I dont. I used to have an ssqv on my old 240sx and i really liked it, but it got really irritating after about a month. If this is your first turbo car, hell, go do it. Everyone has to try it once for shits and giggles. Most of the better vta bov's wont even cause you any idling issues. They'll just cause you to run rich and kill your gas mileage.

well said...if this is your first turbo and you always want that whoosh sound got for it..but performance will come to you later...just keep in mind every freaking time you shift it will go woosh..... here is a example: a while back i have a hks bov on my turbo integra... as i came up to a yellow light i gas it to pass the light...i saw a motorcycle cop at the front of the other traffic... i let go of the gas and give a little brake... right when i let go of the gas the bov went off....i looked at the cop and he smile...the lights went on and i knew... i pulled over and he made me pop my hood of...went to state reff....duh..duh.. i mean it's fun when you punk someone but when you dont realize it, it can get you in trouble... 8)

PANGES
08-29-2006, 10:26 AM
One thing i'd recommend to get if you have a vta is a boost gauge and see exactly what vac/psi it blows off at. Also, most bov's are adjustable so you can tighten the spring so it does'nt blow off at 10 vac or whatever. That way, if you see a cop, just keep it out of boost when you drive and you wont blow off.

06IXMR
08-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the info, yeah this will be my first turbo car and it does seem tempting for me to get the woosh lol. I live in fremont and the cops aren't too happy about the imports around the area so, yeah, I'll have it for a while or buy it used then sell it off sooner or later. :D

PANGES
08-29-2006, 10:57 AM
^^^oh... you live in Fremont... I'd highly recommend against you doing that then. The cops there are asses

06IXMR
08-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah.. It sucks, I'm already debating of going wingless as all the other evos in the area have already. =P

RgistRdShowoffIX
08-30-2006, 01:16 AM
lol i'm just getting an intake.

;) why buy two parts when one part gets you there?

I was getting the intake anyway. WHOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......POP

oops. :lol:

ek9_evo9
08-30-2006, 08:18 AM
want the woosh sound and not get pulled over?
get an SRT-4

i was driving in modesto and was pulled over in my hatch because the cop thought i was racing an SRT-4 from the light. all you can hear is ravvvvvv woosh raavvvvv woosh and he took off and i just drove normal, cop must have thought i was the easier target and i got pulled.

06IXMR
08-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Lol..If I'm ever at a light ima just turn off my car and let the other person take off.

lncrevoviii
09-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Just go here and check out some for yourself.

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/home.php?cat=27
Out of those I would suggest APS Twin Vent BOV, Turbo Smart, Go Fast Bits (GFB) or Agency Power.

I have the APS Twin Vent BOV, which I purchased from a fellow NCE member. It was set to more of a Recirc then VTA. So I would hear the sound only under high boost and from 3.5K rpms to 4.5K rpms. I am not sure if the exhaust sound cancels out the VTA sound after 5K rpms :lol:.
Today I set it to more of a VTA than Recirc. The sound is a lot more noticable, but its still not as ridiculous as some full VTA systems out there. The good thing is, I have no drivability issues so far. But if, at a point, later on I experience some issues like more frequent fill ups at gas stations, stalling issues, idling issues etc, I can always go back and set it to more of a recirc than VTA or just do 100% Recirc.

Adjustment BOVs FTW. 8)

06IXMR
09-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Just go here and check out some for yourself.

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/home.php?cat=27
Out of those I would suggest APS Twin Vent BOV, Turbo Smart, Go Fast Bits (GFB) or Agency Power.

I have the APS Twin Vent BOV, which I purchased from a fellow NCE member. It was set to more of a Recirc then VTA. So I would hear the sound only under high boost and from 3.5K rpms to 4.5K rpms. I am not sure if the exhaust sound cancels out the VTA sound after 5K rpms :lol:.
Today I set it to more of a VTA than Recirc. The sound is a lot more noticable, but its still not as ridiculous as some full VTA systems out there. The good thing is, I have no drivability issues so far. But if, at a point, later on I experience some issues like more frequent fill ups at gas stations, stalling issues, idling issues etc, I can always go back and set it to more of a recirc than VTA or just do 100% Recirc.

Adjustment BOVs FTW. 8)

Hehe, yeah, thanks for the info... i'll probably get the something i dont know just yet.

BMan
09-08-2006, 09:06 PM
I have the Forge RS (set to hold 25psi) with a Cusco intake pipe hooked to the stock airbox and an STP air filter and I can hear it with full recirc. It's not anoyingly loud but if I shift just as it spools it sounds like a pissed off duck and people spin around with a shocked look on their face. You can't hear it pop off with a no-load rev though.

06IXMR
09-10-2006, 08:18 AM
I wanted the slushy sound, not the high pitch one lol.

evodragon915
09-29-2006, 04:49 AM
I wanted the slushy sound, not the high pitch one lol.

daz the hks ssq bov, i have it...got it from david, sounds great....im stil loving the sound...and gonna get a hks rs intake soon and hks exhust xD

06IXMR
09-29-2006, 04:50 AM
Can the hks ssq half vta and half recirc?

PANGES
09-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Can the hks ssq half vta and half recirc?

nope

lncrevoviii
09-29-2006, 10:42 AM
No, neither the HKS SSQV nor the Greddy Type- RS are adjustable. But kits are sold to make them full Recirc, then it will eliminate the "kool" sound.

dohcvtec
09-29-2006, 11:11 AM
I had a GFB, the "whoosh" was cool for about a week, then I hated it.

PANGES
09-29-2006, 11:31 AM

you lasted a week? I had it for 3 days and took it off. lol.

Lurk
10-02-2006, 12:32 AM
i was wondering whats the difference between a recirculating blowoff valve and aventing to atmosphere blowoff valve is. and also should i get either a FORGE RS,or a HKSblowjob valve?

Forge is a recirculating one and the HKS one wouldn't give you a blowjob. :lol: The cost for one will be a blowjob price tho. :lol: j/p HKS is VTA.

AHAHAHAHAHA! BJV FTW! So guys, which one is the best blow job valve?

rexg
10-07-2006, 07:29 AM
if you just want the sound, this one doesnt kill gas mileage and doesnt cause you to run rich! hehehehe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUNAMI-FAKE-TURBO-SOUND-BLOW-OFF-VALVE-NON-NA-BOV-NOISE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ019QQit emZ290036524578QQrdZ1

oh yeah... there's a sound clip too! LOL :)

slimdatwelve209
10-07-2006, 08:45 AM
i was wondering about the GFB BOV i got one also but now i gotten a JDM MR DV but i was wondering about the ppl who also have the GFB Stealth Fx BOV when ya had it in your car did it flutter at all?
mines did real bad but when i gotten the JDM MR DV it sound better but not loud only at high boost you could kinda hear it
but i dont care of the sound as long as the car run better that all that matter cause now my car run better then it did b4

06IXMR
10-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Eh Since I got the evo, I heard the intake suckin air, I wonder what its like when I have a bov and a drop in filter lol. Just ganna be a lot louder? Anyways I'm probably ganna try to find a APS Twin Vent Bov, so I can adjust it to be ricer or what not :D

Nashevo
11-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi guys, well I have blowoffs "Greddy", and I have the swooooooooooooooosh sound, but it turns off my car a little bit when I speed up a little and stop all of the sudden. I heard there is a different kind of blowoff dat won't turn off your engine? NEED HELP????

missred
11-27-2006, 06:48 PM

I hear you on that broda. plus i started getting paranoid :lol:

earlyapex1
11-27-2006, 07:05 PM
I heard there is a different kind of blowoff dat won't turn off your engine? NEED HELP????

Yes the stock one.

missred
11-27-2006, 07:14 PM
I heard there is a different kind of blowoff dat won't turn off your engine? NEED HELP????

Yes the stock one.

:lol: :lol: