PDA

View Full Version : seat belt beep noise

Positron
08-07-2006, 11:32 AM
So I figured out how to get rid of the beep beep noise when your not wearing a seat belt inside the Evo. You could d/c the seatbelt harness underneath the drivers seat. Just unplug that and you're all set.

Now I can ghost ride it.

Hot8Evo
08-07-2006, 11:36 AM
So I figured out how to get rid of the beep beep noise when your not wearing a seat belt inside the Evo. You could d/c the seatbelt harness underneath the drivers seat. Just unplug that and you're all set.

Now I can ghost ride it.

no thanks, the beeping noise is my guardian angel and keep me annoyed to wear my seatbelt....

byt
08-07-2006, 11:45 AM
I could see how it'd get annoying if you were using a harness at the track. Thanks for the tip!

Positron
08-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Did I mention I can ghost ride the Evo? :P

AreSTG
08-07-2006, 03:58 PM
finally, i'll get to see an Evo ghost-ridden.... i've really been wanting to see what evo owner is fly enough to do it ;)

Matz
08-07-2006, 04:36 PM
[x4] Ghost-ride the whip
[x8] Now... Scrape
[x4] Put your stunna shades on
[x2] Now... Gas, brake, dip, dip
[x4] Shake them dreads
[x4] Let me see you show your grill
[x4] Now... Thizz face
[x4] Doors open, mayne
[x4] Now... Watch em swang
[x2] Go stupid, go (dumb, dumb)

Positron
08-07-2006, 06:31 PM
finally, i'll get to see an Evo ghost-ridden.... i've really been wanting to see what evo owner is fly enough to do it ;)

it'll be alot better not to hear the beep beep noise when ghosting riding it ^_^

MarkSAE
08-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Post a video of it!

Anyway, if you want to get rid of the seat belt beep, just wrap your seatbelt behind your seat and clip it in. That's what I do at the track when I'm using my harness. I've been told the airbags deploy harder if the seat belts are not connected.

Matz
08-07-2006, 07:56 PM
I've been told the airbags deploy harder if the seat belts are not connected.

Maybe that's why Tam (or was it his cameraman) freaked out when they fired off his airbag in the parking lot. :lol:

pinay8utterfly
08-07-2006, 08:16 PM
"GHOST RIDE THE WIP FTW1!!!" ewwwwwww... hell naw

MarkSAE
08-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Maybe that's why Tam (or was it his cameraman) freaked out when they fired off his airbag in the parking lot. :lol:

haha.. well, instead of wondering if the seat belts are tied in w/ airbag deployment, I just looked up the circuit diagrams in the FSM.* The seat belts are definitely tied in w/ the airbags controller.* So it's most likely true that they deploy harder if you're not wearing your seat belt!

Matz
08-07-2006, 08:52 PM

haha.. well, instead of wondering if the seat belts are tied in w/ airbag deployment, I just looked up the circuit diagrams in the FSM. The seat belts are definitely tied in w/ the airbags controller. So it's most likely true that they deploy harder if you're not wearing your seat belt!

Unless the ECU firmware has code like this:

if( front_collision_detected && driver_seatbelt_engaged)
DeployAirBags();
else
DoNothing(); // assume that if the seatbelt isn't fastened, no one is really driving the car

:shock:
:lol:

MarkSAE
08-07-2006, 09:41 PM
haha.. that's probably how the mitsu financial guy would program the airbag controller!

ek9_evo9
08-08-2006, 06:57 AM
haha.. that's probably how the mitsu financial guy would program the airbag controller!

mitsu ecu programming FTL! :?

lncrevoviii
08-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Did I mention I can ghost ride the Evo? :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: Naw, you didn't mention it. Now mention it one more time to be sure.