PDA

View Full Version : Anyone free this evening for cat-back install help?

BigEd925
08-08-2006, 05:15 PM
I just got my vishnu sig catback from UPS yesterday and I want to install here myself to save some $. I know its bolt on but I have never done this before. I have a floor jack but no jack stands, anyone think they can lend a hand? A couple of beers afterwards (or during) would be on me. Has anyone done this alone? advice?

thanks,

ed

drunk monkey
08-08-2006, 05:22 PM
sorry i cant help but i would invest in some jack stands. and some breaker bars. if you have air tools even better. good luck with the install.

Carlo

ek9_evo9
08-09-2006, 07:15 AM
wait until wilson hold his evo meet at his house, he got air tools and a lift.

unfortunately we are still waiting on time and date. :lol:

yeah id get some jackstands especially since you have to remove bolts that are pretty stiff in the first place. you dont want a close up view of the under carrige of your car :?

KareBearPowa
08-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Yes, please use jack stands. Where do you live Ed?

Matz
08-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Definitely use jack stands... use a floor jack to lift the rear of the car, using the diff. as the jack point (I did this recently and it worked pretty well). Then put in the jack stands. The exhaust muffler is simple, but the midpipe is a little tougher because the nuts on the cat are usually seized up. I recommend a torque wrench that'll give you a nice lever arm, or a rubber mallet and wrench. I think you need a 19mm socket for the midpipe side.

When you put the O2 sensor back in, remember to pretwist the sensor in the opposite direction (of tightening) so that you don't put excess stress on the wires after installation.

I think you're in Concord or something, right? :(

ZK
08-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Ed,

You get it done?

ApexVIII
08-11-2006, 02:59 PM
i did my cat back in like less then 1 hour. its not hard at all... probably the easyest cat-back i have ever seen

BigEd925
08-11-2006, 03:23 PM
well I called up speed element the other day to get a dp and they gave me a great deal on the catback install. So for now I have the works HFC and the vishnu sig exhaust on my car. The Tanabe DP should be in next week at speed element.

For a 2 day review: The exhaust screams bloody hell from 3500 to redline. It is by far the meanest and best sounding exhaust I have heard on an Evo. And the works HFC, well I guess its just a HFC.

thanks for all your advice guys!

KareBearPowa
08-11-2006, 03:28 PM
The exhaust screams bloody hell from 3500 to redline. It is by far the meanest and best sounding exhaust I have heard on an Evo. And the works HFC, well I guess its just a HFC.

I love my Sig Series. I scare small children with it, and vettes.

BigEd925
08-11-2006, 03:33 PM
^ I went home and cried last night, I killed two old farts in a lancer es cuz I was revving like a true racer I am. holla back G!

SpinOne05
08-13-2006, 11:28 AM
^ I went home and cried last night, I killed two old farts in a lancer es cuz I was revving like a true racer I am. holla back G!

Now get a VTA BOV. That's like a 1-2 punch!

RgistRdShowoffIX
08-27-2006, 01:08 PM
awww I found a nice set of jack stands too...

http://z.about.com/d/autorepair/1/0/T/Z/funny4.gif

:lol:

06IXMR
08-28-2006, 10:46 AM
She would also be the only one surviving in a boat accident with those flotation devices.