08-08-2006, 09:06 PM
right now my car has a noice coming from the clutch
so i brougt the car to a dealer to check and the dealer said
" The transmission may damaged because i have the clutch
changed from out side of the dealer"
I would like to know if the dealer is right. The dealer say
"the transmission might not be under manufactor guarentee
because the clutch was replace from the outside market",
can you u tell me if they are tellin the truth?

byt
08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
don't crosspost, N00B

missred
08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Are you saying that you have an after market clutch?

SpinOne05
08-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Huh?

Matz
08-08-2006, 09:40 PM
That's the disadvantage of getting the fancy Brand E purple anodized bling clutch. When the dealer checks it out, they'll totally screw you because of that, regardless of whether or not that actually caused the tranny damage. Always go with something low key, cuz you're not gonna see the pretty colors anyway. You can get the WORKS CK1 in OEM silver, or similarly, the RRE No Name Clutch.

SpeedElement
08-09-2006, 12:31 AM
The dealer is full of shit.. Exedy Makes OEM clutches and the factory evo clutch is made by Exedy.

Not sure which aftermarket ones you have.. but regardless, they have to prove that your clutch is indeed the culprit of your malfunctioning transmission in order for them to deny your warranty. which dealer is this anyway? did you try San Rafael Mitsubishi?

Matz
08-09-2006, 04:54 AM
The dealer is full of shit.. Exedy Makes OEM clutches and the factory evo clutch is made by Exedy.

Not sure which aftermarket ones you have.. but regardless, they have to prove that your clutch is indeed the culprit of your malfunctioning transmission in order for them to deny your warranty. which dealer is this anyway? did you try San Rafael Mitsubishi?

True (I recently heard that about Exedy), but I went to SRM before with a clutch issue, and the service guy told me that when I do replace the clutch, I had better get a silver one because if it's not, there's a good chance that any dealership won't honor the drivetrain warranty, regardless of whether or not it could have caused the problem.

SpinOne05
08-09-2006, 06:28 AM

I work at a dealer and it is the other way around. They don't prove anything, you have to prove to them and the DSM that your problem is caused by a factory defect. Unfortunately that becomes really hard to do, I've seen it first hand. Good luck.

Matz
08-09-2006, 07:41 AM
I work at a dealer and it is the other way around. They don't prove anything, you have to prove to them and the DSM that your problem is caused by a factory defect. Unfortunately that becomes really hard to do, I've seen it first hand. Good luck.

I believe SpinOne05 is talking about a "district service manager" when he says DSM. This is precisely what SRM told me. Mitsu sends DSMs out to random dealers at random times to verify that the dealer isn't doing warranty work on something that has been "illegally" modified. So that's why even dealers like SRM are now too scared to help us out.

SpinOne05
08-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Exactly. At my dealer when I am to perform a major warranty repair, like a tranny, I will need a DSM approval either through my service manager or personally. I don't work for a Mitsu dealer but it has become this way for most manufacturers.

billynguyen
08-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Are you saying that you have an after market clutch?
yes

billynguyen
08-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Huh?
sorry hard to explain

billynguyen
08-09-2006, 09:26 PM
That's the disadvantage of getting the fancy Brand E purple anodized bling clutch. When the dealer checks it out, they'll totally screw you because of that, regardless of whether or not that actually caused the tranny damage. Always go with something low key, cuz you're not gonna see the pretty colors anyway. You can get the WORKS CK1 in OEM silver, or similarly, the RRE No Name Clutch.
oh really hmm so what do u thinki can do?

billynguyen
08-09-2006, 09:27 PM

no didnt try it
but ill think about trying it