PDA

View Full Version : smoked by 5.0 liter Mustang

Evo442
05-12-2004, 08:39 PM
So there I am, on my way to a Mother's day potluck. Got my wife in the passenger's seat and my 76 y/o mother in back. I'd already been warned not to "ruin the casseroles" with my driving. (They were in the trunk).

I'm stopped at a stoplight and a 5.0 liter mustang pulls up alongside me. The driver eyes me and before I know it, the light has turned green, his tires are squealing and he's halfway down the road. Hope he's happy.

My wife was nice enough to point out that the "old, bald fat guy in the Mustang with the handicapped placard" just smoked me. Great.

At least I didn't ruin the casseroles.

DB8GSR
05-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Don't you just hate it when that happens when your family is onboard? You can't do nothing about it than to just stare his tailights and wishes a cop would pull him over! :twisted: Then you win! 8)

EvolvedDSM
05-12-2004, 08:48 PM
ouch

evo_dadi
05-12-2004, 09:17 PM
lol well at least he felt stupid racing himself :)

SouthernCrane
05-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Auntie (your mom) would've forgiven you David....... :)

vtluu
05-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Hope he's happy.
He's old and handicapped, so one way or another it won't last. Way to play it cool! :D

BluEvo
05-12-2004, 09:52 PM
there will be another day and another time. people like to take advantage when they know we wouldn't go for it. i mean jeezzz, u had ur mother and wife in the car. what did the guy expect u to do. endanger two of your loved ones at the same time, plus the food. OMG not the food! :lol:

ez76
05-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Hope he's happy.
He's old and handicapped, so one way or another it won't last. Way to play it cool! :D

omg harsh

vtluu
05-13-2004, 01:36 AM
omg harsh
I call 'em as I see 'em. :brawl:

chris
05-13-2004, 07:09 AM
it's ok. some people are just whack. they could just do what they just did to you, or rev on you on the opposite side. or just plain fly by.

nebolic
05-13-2004, 08:52 AM
well kinda off topic but I was driving to Davis yesterday on the freeway, a Toyota Matrix (its a 4 door wagon) with a big ol exhaust and all stickered out pulls up next to me and starts revving his exhaust like crazy, in the middle of traffic. Bwhaaaaa I was thinking about smoking him, but then again I remembered how much gas prices are, so it'll cost me a few dollars everytime I mash the pedal so i said "nahh" i'm cool. Just left the idiot be.

Nebo

BluEvo
05-13-2004, 09:54 AM
this is what the fools do when they feel the threat of an Evo :yikes:

blueskies
05-13-2004, 10:07 AM
My wife was nice enough to point out that the "old, bald fat guy in the Mustang with the handicapped placard" just smoked me.

doh! after they told you not to. harsh, but funny to hear about. :)

personally, i love not racing people. part of me loves watching them speed off all by their lonesome, looking like an @$$. i already know my car is fast. :D

vtluu
05-13-2004, 10:56 AM
personally, i love not racing people. part of me loves watching them speed off all by their lonesome, looking like an @$$. i already know my car is fast. :D
:werd: What would be really sweet is if after they took off a cop went after them. Never one around when you need one. :?

VadersSTi
05-13-2004, 02:29 PM
What a race! But yeah, I can relate to your story. My chick frowns against me even going faster than 10 mph over the speed limit so I am forced to keep it cool. :)

chris
05-13-2004, 03:24 PM
well kinda off topic but I was driving to Davis yesterday on the freeway, a Toyota Matrix (its a 4 door wagon) with a big ol exhaust and all stickered out pulls up next to me and starts revving his exhaust like crazy, in the middle of traffic. Bwhaaaaa I was thinking about smoking him, but then again I remembered how much gas prices are, so it'll cost me a few dollars everytime I mash the pedal so i said "nahh" i'm cool. Just left the idiot be.

Nebo

werd! gotta think of gas! haha

559EVO
05-13-2004, 05:37 PM
you should have launched it!

Evo442
05-13-2004, 06:18 PM
My wife was nice enough to point out that the "old, bald fat guy in the Mustang with the handicapped placard" just smoked me.

doh! after they told you not to. harsh, but funny to hear about. :)

. :D

Just cant win sometimes.

DR_EVIL
05-14-2004, 04:01 PM
nice run just kidding man. there will be another day for him but just let him think he won.

xchoirboy
06-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Normally I don't see anyone worth playing with or just feel the need to add another ticket to my record. A guy pulls up next to me yesterday in a Mustang Corba. I couldn't resist :twisted: we both launched at the green light. I need more parts :oops: damm that thing was hella fast. Oh well it was fun. On the freeway I saw him again and gave him a :thumbsup: and went on my way. On way home I see an srt4 lowered and no rear wing hmm. I get close to my turnoff and see up ahead he's taking the same turnoff. On the back road that leads to my house I see the guy pulling over or slowing down. As soon as I get about a car lenth close to him he punches it. He's got a few mods in his car but not enough :twisted: . I find out he lives around the corner and he's been eyeing my Evo.

Buzzard
06-30-2004, 09:51 AM
If it was a SVT Cobra, then it has a 390 hp supercharged 4.6L V8, those are pretty fast in a straight line.

brwnrice
06-30-2004, 10:24 AM
once in awhile i get these airheads that want to race me at a red light. what i do is rev my engine like i'm about to race them and get their adrenaline going. when the light turns green, i just casually roll and watch them take off :lol:. it's hillarious to see them burnout, going uncontrolably right to left, etc. etc. can you get cited for provoking a street race?

vtluu
06-30-2004, 10:33 AM
can you get cited for provoking a street race?
:lol: Maybe, but the cop is more likely to go after the fool who burns out and takes off. :cop: :skid:

ez76
06-30-2004, 11:21 AM
I once got cited for violating a San Mateo noise ordinance because my tires squealed a little on a U-turn.