PDA

View Full Version : Muellerized Evo Laguna Seca Viper Beat Down

john@rre
08-17-2006, 12:47 PM
We are finally getting around to digitizing some of our videos from the past season, here is Kent starting from pole position then giving up his advantage after missing the 3-4 shift at the start. He gives chase to a GTS and a Comp Coupe with predictable results.

Please use, 'save target as'

http://www.muellerized.com/videos/92-silver_car/Laguna_Seca/KJ%2010-2-05.wmv

L84AD8
08-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Nice! :cool:

RWD FTL. :lol:

RRE FTW. :bow:

MissEvo8
08-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Muellerized Evo > then all

AreSTG
08-20-2006, 07:29 PM
that was nice, after that guy went off the side it looks like he really pushed the car in front of him thru the next turn and since he was afraid tog et passed gased it too much? Either way very cool to watch, seemed like he was borderline blocking at times, i mean he had some straight line power but some of the turns looked like he was lacking

wrx2evo8
08-20-2006, 07:46 PM
that was a great vid.. amazing to see a car in a completely different price range hang with those built/tuned vipers...
i wonder if the first car spilled something (he must have broke to just slow on the track like that) on the road causing the second car to spin? one thing.. i know that i'm not a pro...but from my days of autoxing... the more skidding/sliding the worse time you'll have... were those crappy tires.. or were they just being pushed to their limits?

john@rre
08-21-2006, 10:26 AM
that was a great vid.. amazing to see a car in a completely different price range hang with those built/tuned vipers...
i wonder if the first car spilled something (he must have broke to just slow on the track like that) on the road causing the second car to spin? one thing.. i know that i'm not a pro...but from my days of autoxing... the more skidding/sliding the worse time you'll have... were those crappy tires.. or were they just being pushed to their limits?

The leader drove his car until the brake system burst into flames.

The new leader blocked into turn 4 and spun when he caught the inside curb too hard.

We were running 305-30-18 Hoosiers, carefully scrubbed in DOT road racing tires. And yes they are being pushed to the limit everytime we unload our Evo. Now we run a 315-30-18 R6 (new for 06) DOT Hoosier road racing tire.

Our strategy was to stay within 5 seconds of the lead Viper until we caught up to the tail end of the field and started lapping cars. We knew with the 50+ car field the key for the race was managing the tires/brakes until we could use the strength of our AWD turbo car thru the lapped cars, when the Vipers tires are not their best . The last lap of the video we went from a 4.1 second margin to the lead Viper to a 17.4 second lead over second place in one single lap, we always are executing a specific strategy for any event, certainly a key ingredient of Kent's 20 consecutive races in a row winning streak. That video is the 3rd race of that Laguna weekend, and we beat the Vipers in all 3.

KareBearPowa
08-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Now we run a 315-30-18 R6 (new for 06) DOT Hoosier road racing tire.

:shock: :shock: :shock: