PDA

View Full Version : Works throttle body - two thumbs up

DynoFlash
05-14-2004, 05:36 PM
As many of you may know - I continue to use the Works modified throttle body on my car - we saw 8 whp gains on the dyno with it

I make 530 whp to the wheels on a dyno jet dyno with my car and it idels like a stock car

This is a great product and is fairly priced - it will do wonders on any evo - free who without any loss

ez76
05-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Al do you have a sense of when (HP-wise) the stock throttle body actually becomes restrictive? How about the stock intake manifold?

DynoFlash
05-16-2004, 05:41 AM
These bodys actually make about 8 whp on bone stock cars - and the power gains are all across the power band

559EVO
05-17-2004, 04:20 PM
I have one,I noticed better throttle response with it.

cleanevo
06-26-2004, 06:16 AM
what does the TB retail for $

brwnrice
06-26-2004, 08:41 AM
http://www.worksevo.com/images/products/IMG_8760_tbody.jpg

looking at works website it retails for $349. come to the meets and they should be giving some sort of discount :shifty:

GokuSSJ4
06-26-2004, 09:31 AM
thats next !!! :cool:

MarkSAE
06-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Any before/after dyno charts we can look at? I find it hard to believe that a mod that nets 8whp at the 500+whp level will also net 8whp on a near-stock setup.

EvoVIII
06-28-2004, 08:59 PM
so thats mean $350 for 8whp, is it hard to install? but whats the different between the Stock TB and the Works TB??

Zeus
06-28-2004, 11:54 PM
So what's the turn around? Do they have their own cores?

nebolic
06-29-2004, 12:05 AM
yeah i think you have to exchange cores with them, otherwise the price is a bit more pricer.

Nebo

carbonevo8
06-29-2004, 12:10 AM
i got mine about a month ago and i had to give them mine as a core. its a good piece i noticed a smother more responsive throttle with mine im just waiting to dyno mine to see what i gained with that and there cams and a few other goodies :wink:

bdking57
07-18-2004, 04:44 PM
when adding a ported throttle body, does the car need to be tuned for this piece? or can you get away without it.

jondukes
09-20-2004, 09:49 PM
how did mpg change if any??

garrick70
09-20-2004, 10:16 PM
how did mpg change if any??

I did not notice any difference in gas mileage. Accept when I'm WOT! :twisted:

jondukes
09-20-2004, 10:30 PM
right on, thas on my list along w/ WORKS cams and maybe water injection if price drops

caymandiver75
12-06-2004, 07:22 AM
So no one has a comparison to show how much hp this aperture really adds to a stock evo?

evo_dadi
12-06-2004, 07:23 AM
i wouldnt expect much on a bome stock especially if its the first mod.imo freeing up exhaust flow is a first thing to do first then the tb later on the modding road ;)

JanSolo
12-06-2004, 09:30 AM
The guys from WORKS have a dyno chart sitting around. They just need to find a free moment to post it up. The one I saw showed an 8whp gain over stock.

caymandiver75
12-09-2004, 06:43 AM
Anyone have installation instructions for the WORKS aperture? I'd like to see what I'm getting into before I purchase one.

garrick70
12-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Anyone have installation instructions for the WORKS aperture? I'd like to see what I'm getting into before I purchase one.

Give them a call. They can probably send you a copy of the install instructions. Tyler installed mine, and he was done in about 10 min. :D
However, Tyler is a professional..... 8)

r6bruin
12-30-2004, 05:56 PM
These bodys actually make about 8 whp on bone stock cars - and the power gains are all across the power band

Attempting, looking forward to see the dynochart. 8)

EvoVIII
12-30-2004, 08:00 PM
WHP doesn't prove Sh!t, my butt dyno told me the response of the car is so much better and quicker

caymandiver75
01-04-2005, 06:01 AM
I just got the Aperture installed this past week and I can say there is honestly a difference to be felt. I can't really tell if there is much of a hp gain, but in terms of drivability, the car is just more responsive and lets the power come on with more urgency. I will post a dyno in the next few months to show what power it gave me over my last dyno.

ps. the new WORKS Apertures do not have their name engraved in the throttle plate as shown in most of the pictures you see online.

Mo Evo
01-05-2005, 02:33 AM
I had my 'original' TB installed at Works back on October 1st. On the drive home the gas pedal had a distinct on/off or bump in it that made smooth driving a thing of the past. Starts and shifts were herky-jerky. Took it back a couple weeks ago. Chris was adamant it wasn't the TB. He greased the throttle cable saying that was the problem. Uh uh, not. He said to take it to the dealer and have them check it out. I'm like, Dude this started the day the TB was installed. Just change it, huh. Finally Pete told Tyler to just exchange it. Bingo problem solved. Now I finally get to enjoy the improved response of the thing. And it IS improved. It definitely uh, Works!!

Mo

garrick70
01-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I had my 'original' TB installed at Works back on October 1st. On the drive home the gas pedal had a distinct on/off or bump in it that made smooth driving a thing of the past. Starts and shifts were herky-jerky. Took it back a couple weeks ago. Chris was adamant it wasn't the TB. He greased the throttle cable saying that was the problem. Uh uh, not. He said to take it to the dealer and have them check it out. I'm like, Dude this started the day the TB was installed. Just change it, huh. Finally Pete told Tyler to just exchange it. Bingo problem solved. Now I finally get to enjoy the improved response of the thing. And it IS improved. It definitely uh, Works!!

Mo

So did you switch back to the OEM TB?

GokuSSJ4
01-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Jamie@WORKS
can you guys or will you guys trade or have an option for the ones that are running the Aperture I and want to trade in or get the Aperture II ???

egui42
01-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Jamie@WORKS
can you guys or will you guys trade or have an option for the ones that are running the Aperture I and want to trade in or get the Aperture II ???

I'm getting this in the next 2 weeks and didn't know there were 2 different kind of TB's. What are the differences between the 2?

GokuSSJ4
01-05-2005, 12:49 PM
here is the WORKS Aperture I :
http://www.worksevo.com/store/index.php?cPath=37
WORKS Aperture Throttle Body
[130.100] $349.00
Click to enlarge
There is a science to correctly sizing a throttle body, and WORKS has invested countless hours of research into this area. The result: a significant reduction in the pressure differential before and after the throttle body that adds 10 horsepower to your EVO and pays even bigger dividends as you add other tuning parts. In addition, the Aperture provides quicker throttle response. WORKS leaves no part of the EVO untested and the reward is real power out of a simple solution. Complete with new gasket and installation instructions.

*Available for 03-05 EVO including RS and MR
Core Charge: The Aperture is sold on a core exchange basis. We offer two options; You can send your core once you place your order and we will send your new Aperture once we receive and inspect your core. Or we will charge $700.00 onto your credit card and send your new Aperture immediately. Once we receive your old core (in good condition) we will credit your card for the full amount. This is convient as you do not need to have your EVO down for an extended period of time.

Here is the Aperture II (whihc can be found under WORKS racing program)
WORKS Aperture II Throttlebody
[130.200] $399.00
Click to enlarge
There is a science to correctly sizing a throttle body and WORKS has invested countless hours of research into this area. The result: a significant reduction in the pressure differential before and after the throttle body that adds 10+ horsepower to your EVO and pays even bigger dividends as you add other tuning products. In addition, the Aperture II provides much quicker throttle response. WORKS leaves no part of the EVO untested and the reward is real power out of a simple solution. This "Max Bore" version of our original Aperture gives the greatest possible size opening at the intake manifold. Because of this, some modification to the manifold and/or gasket may be required. An ideal match for an aftermarket EVO intake manifold.
Core Charge: The Aperture II is sold on a core exchange basis. We offer two options; You can send your core once you place your order and we will send your new Aperture once we receive and inspect your core. Or we will charge $700.00 onto your credit card and send your new Aperture II immediately. Once we receive your old core (in good condition) we will credit your card for the full amount. This is convient as you do not need to have your EVO down for an extended period of time.

Jamie@WORKS
01-05-2005, 02:08 PM

Nope, still has an Aperture in there :)

Jamie@WORKS
01-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Jamie@WORKS

Yes, WORKS does offer the swap at $50 (plus labor, tax, shipping, etc... if applicable)--the price difference between the two.

GokuSSJ4
01-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Jamie@WORKS

Yes, WORKS does offer the swap at $50 (plus labor, tax, shipping, etc... if applicable)--the price difference between the two.

do you guys have any aperture II in stock :wink: time to upgrade :mrgreen:

Jamie@WORKS
01-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Jamie@WORKS

Yes, we have the 03/04 Aperture II in stock :)

GokuSSJ4
01-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Jamie@WORKS

Yes, we have the 03/04 Aperture II in stock :)

are you guys planing any trips to socal ??
:D

Mo Evo
01-07-2005, 01:30 AM

Nope, still has an Aperture in there :)

Thanks Jamie!! I'm enjoying the response now. Smoooooth....

Mo :lol:

egui42
01-07-2005, 11:28 AM
here is the WORKS Aperture I :
http://www.worksevo.com/store/index.php?cPath=37
WORKS Aperture Throttle Body
[130.100] $349.00
Click to enlarge
There is a science to correctly sizing a throttle body, and WORKS has invested countless hours of research into this area. The result: a significant reduction in the pressure differential before and after the throttle body that adds 10 horsepower to your EVO and pays even bigger dividends as you add other tuning parts. In addition, the Aperture provides quicker throttle response. WORKS leaves no part of the EVO untested and the reward is real power out of a simple solution. Complete with new gasket and installation instructions.

*Available for 03-05 EVO including RS and MR
Core Charge: The Aperture is sold on a core exchange basis. We offer two options; You can send your core once you place your order and we will send your new Aperture once we receive and inspect your core. Or we will charge $700.00 onto your credit card and send your new Aperture immediately. Once we receive your old core (in good condition) we will credit your card for the full amount. This is convient as you do not need to have your EVO down for an extended period of time.

Here is the Aperture II (whihc can be found under WORKS racing program)
WORKS Aperture II Throttlebody
[130.200] $399.00
Click to enlarge
There is a science to correctly sizing a throttle body and WORKS has invested countless hours of research into this area. The result: a significant reduction in the pressure differential before and after the throttle body that adds 10+ horsepower to your EVO and pays even bigger dividends as you add other tuning products. In addition, the Aperture II provides much quicker throttle response. WORKS leaves no part of the EVO untested and the reward is real power out of a simple solution. This "Max Bore" version of our original Aperture gives the greatest possible size opening at the intake manifold. Because of this, some modification to the manifold and/or gasket may be required. An ideal match for an aftermarket EVO intake manifold.
Core Charge: The Aperture II is sold on a core exchange basis. We offer two options; You can send your core once you place your order and we will send your new Aperture once we receive and inspect your core. Or we will charge $700.00 onto your credit card and send your new Aperture II immediately. Once we receive your old core (in good condition) we will credit your card for the full amount. This is convient as you do not need to have your EVO down for an extended period of time.

Thanks, this helps!! :lol:

So, from what I understand, Aperture II is ideal with an aftermarket intake manifold?

Jamie@WORKS
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
So, from what I understand, Aperture II is ideal with an aftermarket intake manifold?

The Aperture II is designed to work with aftermarket intakes as its diameter is larger than the OEM manifold.

genax
01-15-2005, 03:29 AM
this might sound like a noobs question and it probably is.

can i suspect that these tb's are more then just overbored?