PDA

View Full Version : Brian Crower Evo parts

crctslt
08-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Thought some of you might find this interesting. They have 280's that will fit my 4g63 as well :D

http://www.briancrower.com/makes/mitsubishi/4g63_evo8.shtml

Enjoy

Eclipse
08-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Whoa, that's inexpensive. Is it really that low per pair?

KareBearPowa
08-22-2006, 10:12 PM
I bet that's each.

Eclipse
08-22-2006, 10:42 PM
So what's the difference buying from Crower or Brian Crower? Still probably Crowers old grinds right?

crctslt
08-23-2006, 08:40 AM
That price is per pair :D You can buy right off the website.

I spoke with Brian yersterday. He was the part of the Crower family that was pushing the sport compact market. Crower never really pushed the sport compact side as they are entrenched in the domestic market. They want to stay working on the 5 or so engines they have supported for the last 50 years. He had a hard time convincing them to suddenly start supporting 25 new engines. So he went his own way.

I didn't ask if the grinds were the same as the old Crowers. I never really paid attention to the old Crowers.

I was pointed in this direction as I was looking at a more radical set of cams to go with the 2.4. The only problem was that they required double valve springs. I am told that the Crower springs I currently run are stronger than the double springs I was looking at putting in. These seems like a viable alternative.

Eclipse
08-23-2006, 02:52 PM
I have Crower springs also. Is there any difference between Crower springs? I want to pick up a pair of those 272s ASAP at that price if my springs are enough.

crctslt
08-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Should be call and ask. I called yesterday and Brian picked the phone right up.