PDA

View Full Version : 2004 lancer evo

rexorz
05-15-2004, 06:57 PM
i am currently waiting for an 04 evo to come out and i was wondering if anyone here knows when dealerships are going to get any in? i've been waiting and waiting from dealerships to give me a call when one gets in. ive called all the dealerships and some dont have anymore evos and some have like 1 or 2 evos left in the 03 model. anyone know when the 04's are hitting dealerships?

EvolvedDSM
05-15-2004, 07:00 PM
They're just starting to filter in now.

rexorz
05-15-2004, 07:21 PM
do you know any dealers that have 04's in stock?

BUDLoNG
05-15-2004, 07:59 PM
saw an 04 bby at veracom today[37k]. They also had a white RS[27+k]. white with no wing and black trim looked s e x y.
BUDLoNG

rexorz
05-15-2004, 08:01 PM
37k??!?! what was the markup price?

lambtron
05-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Jesus, 37k? I hope no one would actually pay that much for an evo.

BUDLoNG
05-16-2004, 11:42 AM
37k was the "dealer's asking price"
but it had the leather recaros sunroof, and infinty sound sys...

BluEvo
05-16-2004, 02:56 PM
man....with all the stuff, it's still too much. i'd go for the 03 model to avoid all the hype on the dealer mark ups. capital mitsu in san jo had a couple 03's left. i saw a black one and a red one when i was there to get my car checked out last week.

JanSolo
05-17-2004, 12:16 AM
You could wait for the MR. I met the project manager for the Evo MR from Mitsubishi today. He told me that it will be here in September and well worth the wait.

BluEvo
05-17-2004, 12:28 AM
You could wait for the MR. I met the project manager for the Evo MR from Mitsubishi today. He told me that it will be here in September and well worth the wait.
so the MR is going to be a real deal! it is hitting the U.S. shores? i must admit that i will be a jealous man, when that thing hits the dealership! i will go to see it. and i will not give in to trading my baby in. i love my first generation U.S. born Evo and will not leg go of it, even if the MR comes. hahaha!

rexorz
05-22-2004, 07:02 PM
well the 04 evos are finally out and the MSRP on those are like 30k. hopefully i get a good deal on mine.

EvoVIII
05-22-2004, 09:47 PM
that stupid Leather seat with an added Weight Subwoofer in the back cost $2550 OMG waste of money+worst performance

toasty
05-28-2004, 12:47 PM
what is the actual upgraded items on the 04 version?
I still perfer the 03 version. What is the whole deal witht he 04s. Just wondering.

vtluu
05-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Infinity sound system and leather interior--both as options--as far as I know.

JanSolo
05-28-2004, 01:03 PM
The Infinity subwoofer weighs very little, so I would not be concerned about it's weight. Furthermore, with the way the Evo is weight biased (60/40), it probably would not hurt to have a little more weight in the back to even things out. My only concern with the 04 Evo's sub is if you install it, you cannot run a rear strut tower bar, which may or may not be a concern to you.

I believe if you want the sunroof, you have to get the Infinity sound system and leather Recaros.

Furthermore, I've read that there are differences with the 04 Evo's ECU. Something to consider if a reflash is what you are interested in.

toasty
05-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Is the Infinity sound system really that good? I think that the sound system is really nice to have but if some of you guys rather have performance, some of you guys will have some trouble installing a rear strut tower bar.
What is the new 04 EVO's ECU about, is it better? Does the 04 version have more power or torque. What is it that make the 04 so special? I still have not gotten my EVO yet, but seriously think about the 03 version.
Seems to me that there is a lot of hype on the 04 version, I'm not sure if that is true or not but that is what I think.

Please voice your thoughs, peoples.

JanSolo
05-28-2004, 01:42 PM
The 04 ECU has some differences, though this is more of a tuner issue than anything else. I cannot say the if Infinity sound system is good or bad, but I am sure it is better sounding than the stock one.

I think the bigger differences exist between the RS and the upcoming MR models, rather than the 04 vs 03 Evo.

559EVO
05-31-2004, 07:03 PM
I saw a 04 last weekend and those leather recaro's are badass

BluEvo
05-31-2004, 07:58 PM
imo leather and racing seat don't mix, although it may look good. as for the infinity system. you coudl always get an after market system that you can add on to. if any of you are like me, no matter how good the stock system is on a vehicle, it will be replaced with aftermarket stuff soon enough.

LEVIII
05-31-2004, 11:05 PM
I agree. Stock audio has got to go. Car companys will still cut costs on "premium" sound packages. With aftermarket you get to choos exactly what fits you and your style.

vtluu
05-31-2004, 11:41 PM
Ah, if only I could get speakers that are both better-sounding and lighter... (I'm probably wishing for too much. :))

toasty
06-01-2004, 10:52 AM
in a perfect world you might get lighter better sounding speakers.

toasty
06-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Aside from all that.

Would getting a 03 version be better than an 04 version?

I think that the 03 version's prices will drop when the 04 hits the market. Still how much will it go and will there still be 03 versions around the Bay Area,... I still need to save a little bit more money for that half way down payment. I want to go easy on myself on payment wise,... more concern about insurance.

Where would you guys recommand to get a Tarmac Black 03 EVO?
BTW, I live in the San Mateo area.. so I am closer to Veracom Mitsubishi.

Please advise.

JanSolo
06-04-2004, 10:22 AM
05 version. ;) That is gonna have ACD, damnit.

wilson1
06-04-2004, 11:10 AM
05 version. ;) That is gonna have ACD, damnit.

Get rid of yours, and get the 05 :wink:

Dogtown
06-04-2004, 03:19 PM
so the MR is going to be a real deal! it is hitting the U.S. shores? i must admit that i will be a jealous man, when that thing hits the dealership! i will go to see it. and i will not give in to trading my baby in. i love my first generation U.S. born Evo and will not leg go of it, even if the MR comes. hahaha!

Actually when I was talkin to some of the guys at the dealership they said due to limited numbers they doubt it will sell for less then 40k. Just something to think about. Besides the 05 Evo's are lookin pretty good.

toasty
06-05-2004, 05:57 PM
05s are nice to have but how much will it run? :crazyeyes:

EvolvedDSM
06-05-2004, 06:40 PM
05s are nice to have but how much will it run? :crazyeyes:

We'll know in about a year ;)

EvoVIII
06-05-2004, 07:57 PM
hmm acutally I am starting to dislike the 2004's Evo, I think that the Mitsubishi is pointing the Evo toward the wrong way.. let see... Leather Seat? a Heavy Weight Sub in the back? why don't buy a Mazada Mp3 instead.... Leather sure adds more weight to the car so as the Sub, I don't know how much heavier it got but added weight = performance loss/wost handling + the sunroof it sure gonna be 180lbs extra compare to a regular Evo, if I really want those opition, I rather get a AMG or M series instead.. we need to loose weight not gain weight.. IMO

JanSolo
06-05-2004, 08:45 PM
The new sub is actually really, really light weight. I have one here, I just have yet to install it since I put in a new rear strut tower bar. If weight is such a huge concern, you might consider replacing the stock battery with something lighter.

EvoVIII
06-05-2004, 11:14 PM
well what I am thinkin is that, Evo 1-7 never sees Leather and sound quality is not a concern, I am just saying that Mitsubishi are changing the Evo to a more and more Regular Sedan Higher Class Family car :( , I mean Evo should be a all around competion/sport/track/racing car.. if you think and look back to Evo1 to Evo7 they are even meaner lookin :evil: I know this is only an option but I am just saying the Evo heratige is changing..

JanSolo
06-05-2004, 11:25 PM
I think (hope) it is only changing in the US. I think that Mitsu sees the US market differently than other markets, and will change the vehicle accordingly. Lots of people buy performance cars and never track them (for instance, myself since I have yet to track my car). I think Mitsu is trying to find a nice neutral ground between that of a daily driver with some kind of comfort and a performance car that can shine on the twisties. I agree with you on it losing it's heritage and taking it's own unique US twist, but Mitsubishi is only doing what it thinks will help sell more Evos to more people. We'll see how well their formula for greater sales works out in the future.

EvoVIII
06-06-2004, 12:32 AM
yaya, hope Evo heritage stays the same

toasty
06-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Are EVO 04s worth the money or should I buy the 03 EVO?
:computer:

wilson1
06-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Are EVO 04s worth the money or should I buy the 03 EVO?
:computer:

Are the 03 still around?

toasty
06-14-2004, 05:04 PM
I spoke to some of the dealers over the phone and they said that there are no more 03s coming in, only the 04 and the RS editions.
I am not sure if they are telling the truth, but I would like anyone to please share someinformation about other dealership that might have the 03 version still available.