PDA

View Full Version : My P2 flash

SouthernCrane
05-16-2004, 03:24 AM
Just got my P2 flash from WORKS on friday. This is my 2 day review of the flash. Tyler and Pete were very accomodating to me as I changed appointment times 3 times on them... :lol: ....sorry guys. anyway i got there and Tyler installed the vaccum lines for the P2 and uploaded the new flash onto the ECU. Total time took about 1 hour or so, that's with me talking with them afterward for a few minutes.

When I first started driving the car i noticed that it didn't stay at 19 PSI til redline, but i found what the problem was. when the car was stock, i could 3/4 throttle it and it would hit max boost, but with the P2 it really has to be WOT (not sure if everyone else's is like that or not). The power is very linear and smooth. the thing hauls all the way to 7K RPM (I havent gone past that point yet), the car hits boost like stock, but the power continues like that all the way to 7K. The power gains from the P2 feel equal to that of my old XEDE unit on the butt dyno, but the car feels smoother. In addition, after using one full tank, I can already tell I have gotten better gas mileage.

I recommend the P2 flash for anyone that wants that extra power, stealth look, and great customer service! :wave:

Thanks again Pete and Tyler 8)

Evo442
05-16-2004, 06:44 AM
Glad you like the P2 Flash. I really like mine.

I must be the only one who has gotten worse mileage with it though.

evo_dadi
05-16-2004, 07:34 AM
works customer service= :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:

dunno bout getting good mileage but its hard not to let go when the evo is screamin like a banshee on the road :skid:

BluEvo
05-16-2004, 02:45 PM
yo B,

some good shit mang! now all you need to get is those Zeals and you're set bro. :wink:

thomas
05-16-2004, 06:14 PM
good to hear you enjoy your P2 flash, southerncrane. seems to me, more and more peoples are leaning towards WORKS products.

...and the customer service isnt bad... :wink:

have fun and drive safe.

piece.

SouthernCrane
05-16-2004, 08:47 PM
...and the customer service isnt bad... :wink:

I don't think I have seen better customer service before from any shop I have been to. :D

jbigelow
05-16-2004, 09:38 PM
hey brian,

glad to see we're on the same track on mods!!!! lol hahaha.

all you need right now is the WORKS throttle body bro. another improvement mod!!!!!!!!

anyways talk to you soon and glad to see your liking that P2 flash.

-john aka jbigs

559EVO
05-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Just got my P2 flash from WORKS on friday. This is my 2 day review of the flash. Tyler and Pete were very accomodating to me as I changed appointment times 3 times on them... :lol: ....sorry guys. anyway i got there and Tyler installed the vaccum lines for the P2 and uploaded the new flash onto the ECU. Total time took about 1 hour or so, that's with me talking with them afterward for a few minutes.

When I first started driving the car i noticed that it didn't stay at 19 PSI til redline, but i found what the problem was. when the car was stock, i could 3/4 throttle it and it would hit max boost, but with the P2 it really has to be WOT (not sure if everyone else's is like that or not). The power is very linear and smooth. the thing hauls all the way to 7K RPM (I havent gone past that point yet), the car hits boost like stock, but the power continues like that all the way to 7K. The power gains from the P2 feel equal to that of my old XEDE unit on the butt dyno, but the car feels smoother. In addition, after using one full tank, I can already tell I have gotten better gas mileage.

I recommend the P2 flash for anyone that wants that extra power, stealth look, and great customer service! :wave:

Thanks again Pete and Tyler 8)

you trader!hahaha
I knew you were up to something.I'm glad you liked it,get the throtle body next,I have it and it helps.

SouthernCrane
05-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Looks like throttle body might be next even though I'm not supposed to be doing anything else to the car :twisted:

EvoKach
05-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Looks like throttle body might be next even though I'm not supposed to be doing anything else to the car :twisted:

My wife told me no more mods until I redo the dining room, kitchen and living room. She knows how to motivate me to get things done around the house.

vtluu
05-18-2004, 10:44 AM
She knows how to motivate me to get things done around the house.
Oh? :sexy:
Oh.

SLVR EVO
05-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Going in for my P2 tomorrow morning, hehe

SouthernCrane
05-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Going in for my P2 tomorrow morning, hehe

Have fun with it :D

559EVO
05-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Does WORK'S have a dyno?

JanSolo
05-18-2004, 09:03 PM
No they do not own a dyno, but they use the Dynojet dyno over at ATP. I think a dyno is on their list of things to buy ASAP.

Mo Evo
05-18-2004, 11:54 PM
I got my P2 at San Rafael Mitsu bout 5 weeks ago, still waiting for the ceramic d/p and exhaust (Hello, Pete??) My mileage literally sucks cause hey, BOOST=addictive. But, boy howdy how I like blowing off pretty boys who think their hot in their Porsche Boxsters! Boost just keeps on a-coming near till 7500...WHEEE!

SLVR EVO
05-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Got it this morning and I love it! :) My Service Engine Soon light came on after though when I got home :( I should be able to correct that by disconnecting the battery for a while (to reset it), right?

evo_dadi
05-19-2004, 06:48 PM
so how are you loving your flash slvr? any tickets yet ;) j/k

MitsuMan
05-19-2004, 08:20 PM
wrong not on an obdII vehicle if you like i can do it for you with my Snap-On scanner where abouts are you silverevo? I'm in sanjose pm me maybe i can bring it to the next monday meet i can't make the 22nd

MitsuMan
05-19-2004, 08:22 PM
whao Davis, thats sounds far uhh will work something out. I wouldn't take it to the dealer unless you have a idea what the code is.

ez76
05-19-2004, 08:28 PM
often you can drop by your local AutoZone and ask them to read the code for you.

SilverBullet
05-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Got it this morning and I love it! :) My Service Engine Soon light came on after though when I got home :( I should be able to correct that by disconnecting the battery for a while (to reset it), right?
hey, whats up...I have the same problem...I sent you a pm message...

GokuSSJ4
05-20-2004, 12:04 AM
WORKS P2 rocks !!! is the best Flash in the market IMO .
Customer Service is Excellent , i dont recall such excellent customer service then WORKS ..
Pete, rifken , tom , tyler the entire WORKS team are great guys ..
On my next things is the TB , Turbo kit and water injection .:cool: its a must ...

DB8GSR
05-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Is it common for the P2 to throw a cel like that after a flash?

TylerO@WORKS
05-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Is it common for the P2 to throw a cel like that after a flash?

The P2 flash cannot cause a CEL. It's possible for it to make the ECU detect a problem more easily... the P2 software is very precise. If the CEL light shows up after the P2 is (properly) installed, it's only detecting a problem that the ECU didn't see before.

His CEL is being caused by his Non-Recurculating BOV. I'm just about 100% sure on this. Next time your in the area, we can check that CEL out for you.

Resetting the ECU will make the light go away. But it will most likely be back soon.

I'd take off that BOV and put the stock unit back on. Or try the WORKS/GFB Duel Vent Valve.

SLVR EVO
05-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Ehh, it went away on its own today. No big deal. I think it was just still learning. Thanks for the offer to help though Tyler (Excelent CS in action, hehe :wink: ) This thing rocks man. I love how it pulls like a beast! Can't wait to move on to your throttle body.