PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of the MBZ C230?

1stSAGE
08-29-2006, 02:07 PM
And which trim would you prefer and why? Any inputs much appreciated!

MAB1025
08-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Are we talking 06 model or previous? For 06 they did away with the 4 cyl. supercharged motor and went with a V6. I recently just gave up an 05 C230K sedan. It was awesome for a daily driver. 30 mpg highway, just about 40 bucks to fill up ( takes premium only ), maintainence / oil change every 13k miles and it was comfortable to. Power was pretty good, brakes were real good to since they were the AMG sport ones.

The one I had wasn't fully loaded, I got the sunroof package and the cd changer and that was it. Next time around I'd kick out the extra dough for the navi and xenon lighting package. No complaints here, it was an all around great car.

Hope this helps!

1stSAGE
08-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Are we talking 06 model or previous? For 06 they did away with the 4 cyl. supercharged motor and went with a V6. I recently just gave up an 05 C230K sedan. It was awesome for a daily driver. 30 mpg highway, just about 40 bucks to fill up ( takes premium only ), maintainence / oil change every 13k miles and it was comfortable to. Power was pretty good, brakes were real good to since they were the AMG sport ones.

The one I had wasn't fully loaded, I got the sunroof package and the cd changer and that was it. Next time around I'd kick out the extra dough for the navi and xenon lighting package. No complaints here, it was an all around great car.

Hope this helps!

That was very helpful! I'm looking to buy and I'm not quite sure what the difference is between the 6 and the 7 speed transmission. Also, is super-charging (Kompressor) an option? How much is it if so?

MAB1025
08-30-2006, 09:50 AM

Hope this helps!

That was very helpful! I'm looking to buy and I'm not quite sure what the difference is between the 6 and the 7 speed transmission. Also, is super-charging (Kompressor) an option? How much is it if so?

Sorry I did forget to mention that... The 6 speed transmission is a manual and the 7 speed is an automatic which is new for 06+. The 05 I had was a regular 5 speed auto transmission. All auto MBZ's have sport shifter as well. The supercharger was and is not an option offered by mbz. I think even with the C55 ( top of the line c-class ) which was once supercharged is no longer.

Liquid-R1
08-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Didn't the C55 become the C63 as well?

ob4
08-30-2006, 11:12 AM
super charger are not optional.

05 - c230 1.8 super charged (189hp)
06 - c230 2.5 v6 na (201hp)

02-05 - amg c32 - 3.2 v6 super charged (349hp)
06 - amg c55 - 5.5 v8 na (367hp)

DaveLC2
09-03-2006, 06:22 AM
A good friend of mine has a SLK that's 2 or 3 yrs old and it's been nothing but problems for her. She's even had a supercharger fail on her on the way to Reno. Not sure what the failure consisted of though. All I know that is she had it in the shop 3 times this year by April at $2,000 each visit :shock: I know this is not a C230 but I believe they have the same drivetrains.

Dave