PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think of my custom lights?

chris
05-17-2004, 10:57 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album18/redtails.jpg

friend did it for me =)

BUDLoNG
05-17-2004, 11:02 PM
did you paint the inside or outside of the lens? nice :P
BUDLoNG

evo_dadi
05-17-2004, 11:22 PM
ssssssmmoookin :thumbsup: looking good chris.

JanSolo
05-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Like the Evo 7 tails, only so much cheaper. Looks tight.

chris
05-17-2004, 11:59 PM
did you paint the inside or outside of the lens? nice :P
BUDLoNG

outside :wink:

TSi_2_EVO
05-18-2004, 01:31 AM
i've been wanting to do this but just some questions..
can you take a picture with the reverse lights on?
what kind of paint? (brand and nameof color please) clear coat used?
and what did your friend use to mask off the turn signals?

nice job again

ryan

xchoirboy
05-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Nice :thumbsup: was kinda thinkin about something like that. Come on share the details.

chris
05-18-2004, 07:08 AM
the reverse is not white =\. i was thinking of making a circle around that reverse but it would look weird. the reverse is pinkish. i suppose thats the same for the jdm evo7? but the red paint is from Michaels. ill find out more about the clear coat. to mask off the signals. ne kind of tape is fine... masking tape, etc... if ne of you guys want a custom job from him hes asking for $30. could be less... depending on how many wants it. ill take more pix.

SouthernCrane
05-18-2004, 07:17 AM
Looks good Chris, I did the same thing with my old car, and you got me really thinking about doing it with this car.

chris
05-18-2004, 07:41 AM
seriously... do you guys think spending 300+ for tail lights is ridiculous? i mean if you guys have the money go for it... but i rather put that down to performance =X i support solarxclipse too... if you guys want blackhousing tails. he does a really good job, i seen it in person.

warpspeed
05-18-2004, 11:17 AM
I am still procrastinating on doing this since I have the means of doing it. The main thing that bothers me is when i break the seal if I will have some "misting"/fogging of the tail lights. :( when it gets cold around here. I know right now it's no problem since the weather is good but when winter time hits.....it might happen. I have even seen those aftermarket lights and after a while they fog up.

gaughtboost
05-18-2004, 02:31 PM
we did my headlights, we painted them black.

crapsstickman
05-18-2004, 04:02 PM
I'm about to do my headlights too. Thinking about doing the tails if we get a look-see on how it was done.

BluEvo
05-18-2004, 04:32 PM
the reverse is not white =\. i was thinking of making a circle around that reverse but it would look weird. the reverse is pinkish. i suppose thats the same for the jdm evo7? but the red paint is from Michaels. ill find out more about the clear coat. to mask off the signals. ne kind of tape is fine... masking tape, etc... if ne of you guys want a custom job from him hes asking for $30. could be less... depending on how many wants it. ill take more pix.
so you got em done. looks cool. pass by sometime, so i could take a look at it up close. you didn't want to experiment with the clear circles around the reverse lights huh. i will do it. so if it looks funny, no one else will do it either. :lol: then i will be forced to buy some MR tails.... :wink:

SilverBullet
05-18-2004, 05:06 PM
lookin nice !

CollinsT
05-18-2004, 07:41 PM
I like them, hey does anyone know where you can buy the EVO MR tail lights>?

559EVO
05-18-2004, 08:34 PM
I like them, hey does anyone know where you can buy the EVO MR tail lights>?
Why dont you just paint yours?

kataklyzm
05-18-2004, 08:43 PM
i did the same thing,
2 problems i encountered doing it with the michaels paint:
the reverse lights are pink
aaannnd the pain turns pink after a few car washes if you dont clear coat them.

any more pink and ppl will start to think i have an sti :P

i think the jdm tails have the revers light with the blinker, more towards the center of the car

chris
05-19-2004, 07:49 AM
you can rewire it to where the signals are =X. yeah i still gotta clear coat mines =X

kataklyzm
06-03-2004, 07:14 PM
hmm that should work..do you mean put the blinker in the reverse light housing? i was thinking of drilling a hole next to the blinker and using that..