PDA

View Full Version : question for you SJSU students

MarkSAE
05-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Any current/former SJSU students here? I'm going to start grad school at SJSU starting next semester and am wondering how bad the parking lots are. I'm worried that my EVO's gonna get all dinged up. Most of my classes will be in the late afternoon and evenings.

I'm thinking about picking up myself a beater just to drive to campus.

JanSolo
05-18-2004, 12:22 PM
I used to live across the street from SJSU. Do not park your Evo there - it will get broken into, etc. SJSU is not a safe place for cars in my opinion.

BUDLoNG
05-18-2004, 12:29 PM
my girl walks

nebolic
05-18-2004, 12:39 PM
ya what Jan said, I would under no circumstances park your Evo at SJSU, i can guarantee you'll get your car dinged within 1 week. And it'll get jacked by the end of the semester. BTW what department are you going into for grad school?

Nebo

MarkSAE
05-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Okay, I will definitely get a beater car to drive to campus then. I guess having a beater is kind of a necessity when owning an EVO. We can't really drive our cars everywhere w/o worrying about it since it's such a high-profile car.

I'm going to get my masters in Mechanical Engineering.

chris
05-18-2004, 02:23 PM
when i transfer to sjsu. im taking the bus. =P since i don't live that far away.

BluEvo
05-18-2004, 04:37 PM
same here. my wife graduated from SJ State and got the most dings on her car in one semester. she parked in the 9th/10th street garage. disasterous! :?

SilverBullet
05-18-2004, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't park there if I were you but if you do decide to park there..You better make sure u have INSURANCE

vtluu
05-18-2004, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't park there if I were you but if you do decide to park there..You better make sure u have INSURANCE
Well that goes without saying... How about, "if you want to trade up your old beat up Evo for a new shiny Evo, make sure you have insurance, and park there"? ;)